[Serial Homicide Unit] Second Investigation Meeting

edited February 2009 in In-Game
The killer strikes for the second time - dice roll refers to the order of civilians on the website:
#DiceRoller( 1d3 )

One of us - not me this round - has to act as the CI in this scene, allocating clues to the body of evidence. Ludanto, perhaps you would like to?

Here are the investigator roles available, Trevis, choose one:

Homicide Detective
Crime Scene Photographer
Psychic Investigator
Psychological Profiler

Comments

• Gabe Davenport has been killed!
  • edited February 2009
    Okay I'll take Psycological Profiler, Dr. Matthew Sabatino
  • Nooooo! Gabe! :(

I guess that makes me Chief Investigator. You guys roll yer 5d6 for clues.
  • #DiceRoller(5d6)

[Someone will have to give me the lowdown on the role. I read the first thread and saw the questions for the Crime Scene Photographer? Are the questions the same for all the roles or different for each?]
  • [Oops, forgot to subscribe to this thread]

#DiceRoller( 5d6)

Trevis, I'll whisper some notes about your role.
  • "Looks like we've got another one, people. Let's not make this a habit."

"Seargent Miller, what did your investigation turn up?"
  • "The victim has the letter A cut into his cheek - similar size and cut to the previous victim."
  • "Hmm. That seems familiar."

[File that in the same column as the other letter.]

"Dr. Sabatino, are you able to glean anything about our killer?"
  • edited March 2009
    Sabatino frowns thoughtfully at both crime scene photos. "Given the backgrounds of the victims, it's likely that the letters on both victims are grades. Our killer seems to be 'testing' the victims before they are killed, either directly or by observation."
  • edited March 2009
    "Fascinating", the Chief replies.

[Gonna have to put that in column "b" with the facial markings. Great contribution, BTW. The idea of being "watched and tested" is creepy.]

"Anything else, Miller?"
  • [I noticed that the clues are normally gathered together and then placed all at once. I don't know how much that effects things. Anyway, I'm taking the opportunity to move "crescent shaped dent" and "bruising and laceration" from column "b" and put them in column "c" with the other bruises. Unlike the intentional markings of the "grades" these other marks seem like incidental side effects of beatings and such.]
  • edited March 2009
    [Trevis, that's just fantastic!]

"Well, sir, that's just fucked up, sir, if you don't mind me saying so. The murder scene is a public toilet. A girls' room, sir."
  • "Speaking of 'fucked up', what else can you tell us about the perp, Dr. Sabatino?"

[Placing the toilet in the same column as the playground as a "place where students get in trouble". The yearbook may have to be moved later.]
  • [Sorry for the delay, will post sometime tonight.]
  • [No probs, Trevis, delays are unavoidable, but as long as we let each other know it shouldn't be too bad :)]
  • "It's likley that the killer sees himself as a protector of children, perhaps due to some personal history of abuse. The cutting out of the yearbook eyes is a way of protecting the innocent from exposure to the "F" teacher."
  • "Good work."

"Miller, anything else?"

[Per, Trevis is done, so you've got the last two clues.]
  • "Sir, we found some clothing fibres, not from the victim - looks like finely woven wool. And, strangely, there are no signs of bruising apart from the cut on the cheek. The victim died of...shock, sir."
  • ["It's likely that the killer sees himself as a protector of children, perhaps due to some personal history of abuse" we'll put in column "d", being tied to children with the playground and the yearbook.]

[Dying of shock goes in column 'a', as both deaths are distinctly non-bloody and possibly very "personal".]

[The fibers go in column 'e', unrelated to the other evidence.]

[Next Civilian scene, then?]
  • [Been away with work the last two days - will pick up asap!]
  • edited March 2009
    The clues are on the Body of Evidence - probably too risky to risk an Indictment. Trevis, for that you roll one die for each chain of clues and assign the dice to each chain. If the roll assigned to the chain is equal to or less than the number of clues in that chain, it's a success. And if you have more successes in total than the killer's stealth (in this case 3, so we need 4), the killer has been caught.

The downside is that if it goes wrong you risk rendering a lot of clues momentarily useless.

Game continues here