[Blackbrush Meadows - DitV] Accomplishment - Adrien

RusRus
edited June 2009 in In-Game
Ok. I could see how failure could just be guilt and shame and a secret between them. My feeling is once you're married you can't be a Dog-- as you're now a steward to a family.
image
After evening prayers Sis. Elsebeth receives a letter. You see her read it and then tears well up in her eyes. She looks at you, briefly, sobs then runs out into the darkness toward the barn.

"Must be some bad news from back East," they say as the group breaks up, and the members go off to bed.

Almost an hour passes and you realize Elsebeth has still not returned. You quietly head outside and find her, sobbing on the second floor of the barn. And when she looks at you, it is a look of hopelessness, loneliness and wanting.

Comments

  • Ok. Guilt and shame and a secret between the two sounds very reasonable to me.
  • Oppositional Dice
    #DiceRoller( 4d6 )
    #DiceRoller( 4d10 )
  • RusRus
    edited June 2009
    Do you want to play Adrien's temptation and lust or his sense of duty and honor?
    I think that picture of the barn is a bit more advanced for the time frame, but if you squint and look at it askance it'll do.

    Roll your dice and whomever has the higher two dice total goes first. (i'm at a 16). Sound good?
  • edited June 2009
    I'll play Adrien's sense of duty and honor and you can play the "temptation" he might encounter since I'm HOPING to resist that temptation. :)

    I finish climbing up the rickety ladder to the hay loft and ease my way to a sitting position beside her. I'm urged to put my arm around her but instead I just nervously attempt to conjure some words to break the ice.
  • Ok, so I'm attempting to talk - I roll Acuity plus Heart (6d6 + 4d6 10d6). As of right now I don't see any Traits I want to invoke.

    #DiceRoller( 10d6 )
  • edited June 2009
    Looks like you go first - I'm at 10 for my highest...
  • RAISE (4,4)
    "My Aunt has sent for me," she says. The letter held loose in her fingers. Fresh tears in her eyes. The light of the lantern below casts a seductive red glow on her face. "I want to be with you before I go. We don't need to tell anyone." You remember the last Festival of Life, where you and Elsebeth danced, her face flush with joy and mischievous smiles as you each drew close when the leaders were not watching. Her lust for you is contagious.
  • edited June 2009
    Aw, man, I would totally give.
  • TAKING THE BLOW (3, 3, 2 to match your 8)

    Looking Elsebeth in the eyes, I admit my unspoken passion for her, "Elsebeth, the King of Life knows I want to be with you as well. I just can't believe you're leaving. It's just... out of nowhere. I'm shocked..."

    RAISE (5, 5 for 10)

    "But, as much as I want to, we just can't. I have a life as a Dog ahead of me and you don't want to leave here in shame. Maybe... I could visit you when my duty as a Dog has ended and we can join as a properly married couple." I swallow hard.

    I wish I could give! Ha! Alright I'm taking the blow on this one and raising, leaving me with 4, 2, 1, 1, 1... And, setting aside 3d4 Fallout dice.
  • SEE
    (8,2)
    "I understand." She gives you a long, close embrace and leaves the barn.

    RAISE
    (8,4)
    Later that night you are pulled from the depths of sleep. She has crawled into your bed. You feel her body against yours. She kisses the back of your neck.
    "Why would the King of Life lead me here, reveal you to me, only to drag me away?" she whispers between kisses. "He wants us to be together now, just for tonight."

    According to my accounting that leaves me with 2,2.
  • She's just escalated to Physical right? So I should roll my Body now aye?

    #DiceRoller( 2d6 )
  • In addition, I'd like to invoke my "I get weak in the knees for a girl with a pretty smile 1d6" Trait

    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Ok. So that puts me with a 6, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1, 1, and 1... and 3d4 Fallout dice. And, I need to See a 12. Hmm.

    TAKING THE BLOW (5, 4, 1, 1, 1 for 12)

    Elsebeth's passion overwhelms. I caress her hair and succumb to my temptation. She's too incredible in the moonlight and I start kissing her.

    RAISE (6, 6 for 12)

    Before clothes have a chance to start coming off, I stop the kissing. I take Elsebeth by her shoulders and I say, "Elsebeth, this is not the way it's supposed to happen." Then, I sit up on the edge of the bed with my back to her. "I'm a Dog. My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not," I say to myself... Then, "Elsebeth. You should leave now before I call for Brother Artemis. He won't be happy if he finds us together. We can say goodbye tomorrow before you leave for the East."

    That leaves me with a 6, 2... and 3d4 and 5d6 (we escalated to physical) Fallout dice.
  • This is good stuff. Keep it going!
    P1nback, did you consider just using the 6,2 to raise?
    I'm interested in your reasons either way.
    I guess rugsri will be rolling for Elsebeth's Body dice, so you want to go as high as possible?
  • I'm out of dice-- just have the introductory conflict pool. My 2,2 won't phase that 12.

    I'm just interested to see if all that fall out is worth it. If he rolls a 12 and fails his Body and cant see, the loss of her might literally kill him. He'd rather risk death than sleep with her. Totally cool. (Granted, I don't think I'd like to kill a new character--but still).

    You won, go ahead and end the scene if you want in terms of taking the stakes. You might want to roll the fall-out first to see how that impacts your character.
  • OK. I'll go ahead and roll for Fallout and see how it pans out.

    #DiceRoller( 3d4 )
    #DiceRoller( 5d6 )
  • Looks like my Fallout Sum is 7. That's less than 8 so it turns out this little conflict won't have a lasting impact on me afterall. I think this is a good time to use the "have your character leave the scene and spend some time alone" one...
  • Before Elsebeth has a chance to respond, I hastily throw my boots and a loose shirt on and I leave the bedroom. I don't have to look at her to sense the tears welling up inside her. I find my way down to the barn where we first spoke about our passions for one another and I find the stall my horse is in. I get on my horse and ride. And, ride. Prudence, my cattle dog sees me riding and follows after me curiously I suppose.

    I ride up those nearby mountains as far up as I can without endangering the poor horse. When I reach my undetermined destination I stop and sit. I find a clearing and tell Prudence what happened. Prudence doesn't have much to respond with and I understand. I pray. And, I try not to let my emotion overwhelm me into tears. I stay up on that mountain for as long as I can without starving myself to death.

    I imagine that would have taken a couple days.

    When I get back to town, Sister Elsebeth is gone. Headed back East to her aunt's I guess. I never have a chance to say goodbye. And, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

    Maybe I'll see her again one day. Maybe not.

    One thing I do know... I'm fit to be a Dog. And, that's what I'll do.
  • Now I add a Trait to my character sheet right? "I resisted my Temptation 1d6"?
  • Yep. You can make it more specific if you'd like.
  • edited June 2009
    Ok, I'll make it - "I resisted my Temptation with Sister Elsebeth 1d6" - that is unless anyone else has a more inspiring Trait! Please feel free to make suggestions! Everyone! In Dogs in the Vineyard everyone gets to chime in even if they're not in the scene, right? :)
  • "My Faith was stronger than a night together."
    Since you asked for suggestions!
  • edited June 2009
    I like that. I'll use it. Also, I think I gain an "Experience Fallout". In the book it says, "If you rolled at least ONE 1, choose something from the experience Fallout list."

    So, I get my 1d6 Trait above from my Initiation (Faith over Temptation), I get my short-term Fallout (leaving the scene), and I rolled a 1 when I rolled Fallout so I get an Experience Fallout (from the list in the book...)? Correct?

    If this is true, I think I'll just add a new Relationship with Sister Elsebeth at 1d6. Lemme know if I'm reading this right and I'll add it to my sheet.
  • That is my reading of it.
  • Ok. Done. You can check out my sheet now: http://wiki.trevismartin.org/pmwiki.php/SnailsPace/AdrienFitzroy

    I think that's it for this conflict. I'm ready for the first town. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.