Who's Game?

RusRus
edited February 2010 in Pitch
Anyone interested?
Inspectres? Ghost/Echo? 3:16?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I'm sort of interested.
    I've never been a big fan of PbPs, but I'm eager to squeeze some more gaming into my schedule so I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Depending on what other people are saying, I'm a solid maybe.

Edit: Oh yeah . . . Those three games all sound cool to me, but I'm particularly interested in a chance to play 3:16. I've even hacked together a Google Wave gadget to provide an online version of the 3:16 range map.
  • Let me second interest in 3:16. I know it'll probably be somewhat awkward with all the ranges and such, but I'm definitely willing to give it a go.
  • We have 2 certain players, and 1 maybe. Perhaps find one more player for a 3:16 game?

I've GM'd 3:16 a few times and would be happy to GM. But I'd also be fine as a player. Any preferences?
  • I don't have any experience with 3:16 at all, so it's probably best if I keep my participation in player mode for the time being.
  • I am game for 3:16. I have game experience of... one session in it. Want this to be an ongoing thing so we could see the really silly developments later on.
  • Hello DWeird. Welcome.

Sam, do you have access to the rules?
    FigureFour, you game?
  • I do have a copy of the rules, though I'd have to go over them again, I'm sure, before we actually get started.
  • Oh, and note! I don't actually have access to the rulebook, so I might need help with some of the bits and pieces. I think I remember chargen, though:

FA:2, NFA:8, Reputation: Brownnoser.

Good? :D
  • I'm comfortable with 2 players and 1 GM. Do you want to wait for a definite third?

A .pdf copy of the rules are 10$, and I think your experience would be improved if you have them. But I'm sure we can make do.

I'm on the cusp of an incredibly busy weekend. Lets see if we get a third player. On Monday or Tuesday I'll have suggestions on formatting the game and defining the expectations of participation. But, I'd like to hear your ideas too. Right now, I'm leaning toward image heavy. Are you guys comfortable uploading images and posting them in forums?
  • I'm not sure what you mean by uploading images (beyond the obvious), so I don't know if I'm comfortable doing that or not. Are we making custom images, or something? That might be more problematic than just uploading them.
  • Just the simple uploading images for your character, when you act. Just a thought though.
    I might do some simple image work for any fight sequences.

I was hoping to get a second way to contact everyone that wants to play, so that I can send friendly reminders. (e.g., email).
    Is this ok? (if yes just whisper them to me).
  • I have a pretty good handle on the way I visualise things in my head. Looking for a picture online (can't draw myself!) that would express it properly would be a long and arduous pain for me.

Not that I would mind images from the GM!
  • Great. We've got Sam, FigureFour and DWeird.

How about the goal to have at least one planet done by April 20th?
    Does that sound like a good pace for everyone?

I'll try to be most active on Saturdays (MST). But I usually can post during the week as well.

Pick a color for your Out of Game voice (I'm Maroon)
    Also, I think a small image of your character would be fun, but not necessary.

No shame in having to bow out of a PbP game, but I would really appreciate an email rather than just waiting, and waiting for a post.

I urge everyone to be quite aggressive with your descriptions and backstory-- I'll roll with it. I'm not a GM that has "A Vision of How it is." So don't fear stepping on my toes.

Anyone else have any requests or suggestions?
    Otherwise, start making your characters. Someone start a Character's thread, and post there.

Questions?
  • edited February 2010
    Quick review of what's needed for chargen? What I already did, then roll d10s for kills, I think?

#dice ( 2d10 )

Can't find a picture that really captures my character. Yet. Will post one if I do find it.

Also, um, can I pick the inky blackness of the endless night of space for my colour? I'm using it now.
  • Posted By: rugrsiPick a color for your Out of Game voice (I'mMaroon)
    Not to show off my ignorance or anything, but how does one do colors and what do we have to choose from? I can see the tag when I quote you, but I have no experience coloring my text.
  • Oh, yes, and a quick tutorial on how to use the dice roller might be in order, as well. I'm hopeless.
    How's that for a picture?

I think I'll take the opposite tack from DWeird and gun for Corporal at FA: 8 NFA: 2 Reputation: Zelot. For a name, perhaps Lucius?

For kills I've got:

#DiceRoller(8d10)

I'm with Sam on requesting more info about colours.
  • To do the colors I use the BBCode.
    in BB code use [ ] but in this example I'll be using () (otherwise the code would kick in).

(color=red) this is Red (/color)
    Becomes This is Red
    Cool List of colors Militarphotos?
  • The dice roller, the spaces really do matter.
    Don't put a space after "#dice" but put a ( then after that you add a space, and put in the dice you want.

Once the dice code is entered you cannot go back and edit the post.
    So all dice rolls should be in their own, minimal text free post.

Once you see the dice roll, you can click on it and arrange in different ways.

There is a thread called "Dice Rolls" or something, where you can practice.

I'll try to relay the Character Creation rules by Saturday, unless, Sam, you're interested?
  • Thommas Goldman,

FA:2 NFA: 8.

#DiceRoller( 2d10 )
  • edited February 2010
    Sanyat

Order3: Follow directives issued by the Officers.
    Order4: Protect your squad of Troopers (Can use E-Vac p.89)

Kills 17
    Total Kills 17
    Kills this Mission

Health
    A mess ( )
    Crippled ( )
    Dead X(

Armor ( )

FA: 2
    NFA: 8

Strengths
    (/) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) _________________

Weaknesses
    (/) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) Hatred for Home

( ) Not Yet Available
    (/) Available
    (X) Used

Kits, Medals and Notes

Other Gear:
    MadnelBrite Armor, knife, hydration tablets, TRMs, Medipack, backpack, combat drugs, flares, radio and a well-used field manual.

Weapons (Close, Near, Far)
    Heavy MG 1, 2d6, 0
    Sidearm d6, d6, 0
    Hand to Hand 1

• SamSam
    edited February 2010
    Since we seem to be getting our 40K on to a certain extent (Dylan especially), I figure this ought to do:

I'll get back to you with character stuff later today. I'm kind of up against it at the moment.

Also, let me test the color red.
  • These images are great.
    How about this. Everyone make your own thread for your character. That way we can easily find and update them.

Name the thread: [3:16] Character Name
    Include.

Name

Kills
    Total Kills
    Kills this Mission

Health
    A mess ( )
    Crippled ( )
    Dead X(

Armor ( )

FA:
    NFA:

Strengths
    (/) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) _________________

Weaknesses
    (/) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) _________________
    ( ) Hatred for Home

( ) Not Yet Available
    (/) Available
    (X) Used

Kits, Medals and Notes
    Weapons (Close, Near, Far)

Hand to Hand (Close Range Only)
  • Character Generation Basics

Name - Even just one name is good enough (e.g., Tango, Frinks).

Reputation - Short phrase or word. Pointed. (e.g., Hot headed, Insane, Zealot, Unreliable).

Abilities - split 10 points between two abilities. Each must be given at least 2 points. FA (Fighting Ability) and NFA (Non-Fighting Ability).

Rank - Character with highest NFA is a Sergeant. (Dice off any ties). Next highest is Corporal. If only one Sergeant candidate, then the character with the highest FA is the Corporal. Everyone else is a Trooper.

(more later, gotta run).
  • It seems it would be easier to make a thread for a mission (by you), then dossiers of the character involved, which we would edit-update as we went along. New mission, new dossier.
  • Trooper (Rank0)
    Order1: Kill as many lifeforms as you can.
    Othergear: MadnelBrite Armor, knife, hydration tablets, TRMs, Medipack, backpack, combat drugs, flares and an unread field manula.

Weapons (close,near,far)
    Energy Rifle 1,d10,1
    orSlug Rifle 1,d6,d6

Grenades d10,1,-
    Hand-to-Hand 1 (Close Only)
  • Corporal (Rank1)
    Order2: Maximise the kill ratio.

Othergear: MadnelBrite Armor, knife, hydration tablets, TRMs, Medipack, backpack, combat drugs, flares, mitt/ball and a tatty field manual
    Weapons
    E-Cannon 0,2d10,0
    or Heavy MG 1,2d6,0
    Grenades d10,1,-
    Hand-to-Hand 1 (Close only)
  • Sergeant (Rank2)
    Order3: Follow directives issued by the Officers.
    Order4: Protect your squad ofTroppers (Can use E-Vac p.89)

Othergear: MadnelBrite Armor, knife, hydration tablets, TRMs, Medipack, backpack, combat drugs, flares,radio and well used field manual.
    Weapons
    Slug Rifle 1,d6,d6
    or Heavy MG 1,2d6,0
    Sidearm d6,d6,0
    Hand-to-Hand 1 (close only)
  • Ok, if you don't have rules that should get you started enough to get characters going.
    Maybe we pick FA/NFA and get the ranking sorted in this thread.
  • Posted By: rugrsiMaybe we pick FA/NFA and get the ranking sorted in this thread.
    I've gone with FA 6 and NFA 4.