Kublai Khan is dead.

edited August 2007 in In-Game
I am well struck! But yet I cling to life. Great Princess, if I am Khan of the Thousand Princes of the Grass Sea, whose loyalty is sworn on blood oaths, and who train from boyhood to defend my life, how were you able to reach my palace unharmed?

Comments

• edited 7:53AM
    Indeed, there were many fair princes hungry for blood between me and the palace! Nevertheless, only a blind man can resist me when I perform the dance of rose petals! Do you not remember when I danced it for you?
    True, the rose petal dance is most alluring, and even the staunchest of foes must succumb to its wiles. Even I, who has watched impassive at the slaughter of ten thousand innocents was moved by that dance! But the Thousand Princes were the least of my defences. How then were you able to pass the Fields of Restless Dreams, where rare blossoms spread their hypnotic miasma such that none may pass?
    Indeed, the Fields of Restless Dreams are like a burial ground for fools! Nevertheless, as my thralls, the Thousand Princes were more than willing to walk amongst the deadly flowers as I danced atop their heads! Surely the Great Khan has climbed over men to get where he is today?
    A bold ploy, my slayer, I see you are as quick-witted as you are beautiful. But the Flowers' poison is stronger even than your Rose Petal Dance. How then did you survive when their maddening pollen drove my Princes into a frenzy of bloodlust?
    Indeed, the Flower's poison is most potent and the men shortly turned to animals! Nevertheless, I am like the wind and before they could turn on me I was but a whisper in their ears! Does the King of Kings not remember how fast I am?
    I do recall your incredible speed! But past the Fields of Restless dreams is the outer wall of my Palace, which is two hundred feet high and guarded by the thirty monstrous sons of my first wife, the Queen of the Underworld. How were you able to cross this impregnable barrier?
    Indeed, the children of the Queen are most hideous and terrible to behold, their breath alone can kill a man! Nevertheless, it was your first wife that had invited me to your palace, with an invitation scented with her favorite perfume! Surely you know that the sons always obey their mother?
    Ah, yes, the sons obey their mother in everything. But did you think my first wife, who grew up among the Demon Sultans of Mirrz, would be so ill-versed in trechery? How could you not realise that she was laying a trap for you?
    Indeed, your wife is well-versed in treachery! Nevertheless, expecting her plot, I substituted her invitation with one of my own, dipped in the crushed petals of a rare flower that grows in the snows of the Himalayas! You must know of this flower and the power of sleep that its scent possesses?
    I know well that rare blossom, and its power. But my Greatest Queen is born of demon stock! How could you prevail when the Himalayan flower could only make her slumber for the briefest of moments?
    Indeed, the flower's effect on her was brief! Nevertheless, her sleep lasted long enough for me to prepare her chamber for my seduction! Surely, the Khan is aware of his wife's weakness for a hot water soak and sensual massage?
    Of course, I myself have exploited that very same weakness! But massage always inspires my Queen to inexhaustable passion! How then were you able to escape her firey embrace before the night was through?
    Indeed, her embrace could burn away the winter! Nevertheless, I caressed her like a gentle summer breeze and was sure to never linger in one spot for long! Do you not have techniques for avoiding her passionate embrace?
    Oh ho! That secret I take to my grave! But as you dallied with my First of Wives, her cries must surely have drawn her thirty sons, who obey their mother in all things, but worship their father above all else. How then did you escape their terrible wrath when they discovered her calumny?
    Great Khan! Even as you lay here dieing, you are as astute as ever, but I fear that further details will only serve to quicken your death!
    True, I feel my life slipping away from me like a concubine retiring to her chambers after a night of lovemaking. But the tale is far from over! The Queen of the Underworld was but my first wife, wed to me when I was but a stripling prince of the steppes, hungry for power and glory. How did you overcome my second wife, the Naga Princess, whose subtle magics can bend the will of the mightiest of warriors, and in whose coils all lovers must perish, save me, her one king?
    Indeed, the Naga Princess is both subtle and dangerous, the list of her dead lovers could have built your palace! Nevertheless, I am not without my wiles and it is said that when disguised a mother would think I was one of her own! Has the Great Khan ever wondered why his men swear to have seen him while he was many miles away?
    I have heard tell of your mastery of disguise! But the Naga Princess's desire for me is like the ocean in storm. How, if you were disguised as my illustrious self, did you maintain the illusion even as she consummated her serpentine lust?
    Indeed, the Princess's desire nearly rivals that of a hurricane! Nevertheless, I spent many years balancing atop a narrow mast in the howling winds of just such storms, and so her passions were easily weathered! Does the training of young princes not cover such dangerous feats?
    My dear! Surely your prowess is near the equal of mine! Why then did the Naga princess not notice your lack of manly endowment?
    Indeed, if she had discovered my lack of manhood, I would have been unmasked! Nevertheless, I assured her that the night was all about her, and I could bring her to the highest plateaus of pleasure without ever removing my pants! Are you not aware of the selfishness your wife possesses, so that she never doubted my motives?
    Ah! Ever I feared that the Princess's selfishness would be my undoing! But the Naga Princess was but my second wife, wed to me when I was but a brash young King, drunk on my conquests and full of foolishness. How were you able to defeat my Third Wife, the South Wind, your inestimable mother?
  • Indeed, even I draw the line at incest and so I could not seduce my own mother! Nevertheless, I could not leave any of your wives unsullied, so I arranged for my mother to meet a pretty young man that I groomed to her liking! Did you think I would not have planned for her seduction?
  • Your foresight is impressive! But the South Wind is no country slattern, to be swayed by an inviting slip of handsome flesh. How did you groom your patsy to appeal to my illustrious wife?
  • Indeed, my mother's desires require more than a shallow mask! Nevertheless, her heart has a weakness for certain poetry, which when recited arouses her deepest passions! Would you like me to recite some lines for you, Oh Great Khan?
  • My dear! Surely you are the bravest of warriors! Why then could you not face your mother in person?
  • Great Khan! You have a knack for striking true to the heart of the matter, but I will not discuss the details of my complicated relationship with my mother!
  • Very well! But if you did not face your mother, you must surely have encountered your brothers, the twin typhoons of the East sea! How did you murder these two fine sons of mine?
  • Indeed, my two brothers pose a most formidable challenge, especially when they are together. Nevertheless, as they are only my half-brothers, they must join forces to hope to defeat me! Do you not think it would be a simple matter for me to separate them?
  • True enough, together the brothers are unstoppable, yet apart they may fall more easily. But your brothers, who have loved you as a full sister, though you have ever rejected them, are devoted to each other. How were you able to get them apart?