[AW] Revving Up For 2nd Session

edited October 2010 in Out-Of-Game
I'm going to work on some Fronts and try to get all of these NPCs somewhat organized for the Act 2.

I like how some of you made a short list of things you might want to accomplish in the coming session. Can you post those lists in this thread and make a note of anything else we want to discuss, touch on that we haven't, focus on more, etc...?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Gritch:

- Deal with that fustercluck at the end of last session. Specifically, ask Uncle what happened and why, perhaps interrogate Seville, and somewhat tangentially, heal the wounded.
    - Make damn sure that Mimi follows up on her end of the deal.
    - Have another sit-down with Navarre to talk about the poppet, and to talk about Ruby a bit, perhaps.

Edited: I, the player, think that because Gritch interacted with Marlene not at all last session, I am interested in seeing some interaction there.
  • Navarre needs to talk to Ruby about the poppet he thinks she took. He's going to do this no matter what condition he's in, because he knows it's dangerous, and he really does still care about her.

He's supposed to go hang out with Gritch, and he needs to return Gritch's gun - he's completely forgotten about that.

He wants to have a come-to-Jesus talk with Mimi about employing girls who have other commitments. It's not like people don't know that Ruby and Navarre were a couple; Mimi must have known, and hired Ruby anyway, and didn't make sure that Navarre knew until after the fact, and that is Not Right.

He wants to get back on his feet as quickly as possible, and he's going to be a terrible convalescent patient.

I-the-player think it might be interesting to see Navarre and Spector interacting, but I'm not sure about any situations that would force them together.
  • edited October 2010
    Marlene wants to get her family some food, and get cleaned up.

She doesn't particularly want to talk to Uncle about the dead scout and Boo, but if she has to, she might bring up Lala as well. As a player, I think it would be awesome if Lala were assigned to the hospital mission, but that may just be me looking for more body count.

She wants to talk to Spector about the spookies; she's opened her brain and had glimpses of Barney before, but today she got him twice in a row, and the second time he talked to her clearly and directly, and appeared capable of influencing things outside of her own thoughts. She wants to find out if she can reliably communicate with him. First, she'll probably ask Spector what prompted him to help her to see if he saw Barney too.

Also, that hospital thing. She's had the idea before to get some tough motherfuckers together and head there, but she's not the first person to have that idea. A few tough motherfuckers always come back gibbering, the rest presumably killed by whatever remains of the last team to think it was a good idea. Someone who could deal with the spookies might make it a bit more feasible. In advancement terms, she could try to get a moonlighting gig hauling stuff back if they can make it safe, or failing that, maybe just drag enough stuff out to start an infirmary on her boat.
  • I was hoping that Marlene would deliver my note to Lars at some totally inappropriate time -- immediately following the bloodbath, for instance.

Spector's immediate wants revolve around Pamming. He wants to pamper her. He want to make sure she's safe at home when he's gone -- Frankie is still out there. And he wants to find out if she's knocked up.

He also wants to go get some high-tech hospital equipment from Before.

If it ever works out, he'd like to get down to Backwater and see about the red-haired family's situation.

I want to see a scene where Gritch confronts Navarre about the possessed doll and Navarre thanks him for making it.

I expect that shooting the retard will bite me in the ass (though it's not clear whether I was identified) and Crutch already gives me the creeps. So that could be good stuff.

Are we re-highlighting stats?
  • If you guys want to re-highlight stats, just say so in the end of session thread and we'll do it again.
  • Hey, do you want me to do wealth? I could totally see my rule being 'challenged', as is, but your call. And it's not like I'm strapped for cash.

Roughly in this order:

- I need to get Seville out of his bomb jacket because that's just unsafe.

- I need to find out where Jean is, and make an appropriate response.

- I need to do something about that missing patrol.

- I need to decide how I feel about my people getting shot. Do you realize that my 'allies' have done more damage to my personnel than my enemies?

- And then, yes, apparently a few other matters are going to be brought to my attention.
  • It's up to you. We can say the barter you received from the first roll was hoarded barter from before the 1st session and the barter from this roll comes from the tribute coming in during the market today.

Do you feel your rule is challenged? Personally, if it was, I don't see it now.

I'm inclined to let you go ahead and roll. Reprisals have come and gone, although, there's more to the story and still much to be investigated.
  • Well, disappeared patrol, and my girl's still missing. But I'm not real definite on that, and it would be really crazy if I rolled a miss right now. Oh yes.

Let's do this: #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )
  • edited October 2010
    Yup. My rule is challenged now, at any rate.
  • Hey, I would just like to point out that Gritch inflicted no physical harm on any one of the Riders.

Also, if your rule is gonna be challenged, maybe having 'allies' particularly adept at collateral damage is a good thing. "Oops, so sad that Fleece took one of the many, many bullets that Navarre fired. Oh well."
  • I can't wait for Fleece to get some screen time. :)
  • It's worth noting that I'm going to be offline for a good chunk of tomorrow. I'll probably check in sometime in the evening, but there'll be little to nothing earlier than that.
  • What do you think this is...Snail's Pace? Oh, wait...
  • No prob. I might not get around to posting the opening scenes for session two till the afternoon anyways.