[AW] War Room Activities

edited November 2010 in In-Game
Some time has passed since the morning shootout.

Marlene, you're standing outside of Uncle's cottage. The place looks straight out of a war zone. It's been partially cleaned up, but the remains are still lying about. The once pristine cottage has been mangled by bullets. The facade has been littered with bullet holes, the roof on the porch is hardly standing, the porch has been shredded beyond belief, the windows shattered into millions of glass fragments, the floorboards stained with someone's blood and ammunition casings covering the floor like fallen autumn leaves. Something serious happened here, and from the tone of Uncle's voice coming from inside the cottage, it's something that is about to be dealt with. You need to deliver this note, and maybe get out of here and home without incident.

Who's inside with you Uncle? I'm imagining you've gathered your lieutenants and anyone else you deem important enough to be there when you hand out orders. Definitely Kirk and Mo. Anyone else? Princy has gone off to secure Violetta and Navarre to seek medical treatment.

You're all standing around the large war room table, the map etched into its surface. Seville is there, under your watchful eye. He's awakened now. Where is he? Is he bound? Gagged? Restrained somehow?

Gritch, are you here? Does Uncle want you here? If so, what are you doing? If not, where are you?
«13456713

Comments

  • Marlene will approach the cottage somewhat meekly, in light of the way people around her have been ending up dead a lot. If there's a slow or a stop in the talking inside, she'll knock, if there's a closed door, or peer in through the doorway if there isn't.
  • The door is wide open, hanging off its hinges where it was nearly taken down entirely. I'll let Uncle decide when the lull in conversation comes, but he definitely notices you peering in through the doorway.
  • Yeah, I'm here. Sittin' on the side. Waitin' my turn, an' keepin' my eyes on Seville.

    Does Uncle wan' me here? Probably not. I'm not part o' his Riders, not anymore, an' I'm not normally part o' his war councils an' strategy sessions. But I don' care. I'm not leavin' til I get to talk to the man, an' figure out what the hell is goin' on. I can wait my turn. So I sit, an' I listen, an' I watch.

    Jus' hope that the kid's gonna be okay, though. He weren't lookin' too good when he limped away, still bleedin'. Gotta talk to him, too, 'bout that poppet.

    One thing at a time, though.
  • All eyes are on you, Uncle.
  • Is Seville still explosive? He's been restrained, tied up with rawhide. If he did have a detonator in his pocket, that's secured somehow ... just kept out of his reach and in the hands of someone with at least a couple of brain cells to rub together. Dude named, I don't know, Cedar. Works under Kirk. Seville's also gagged, yes. He likes to talk more than he ought.

    Kirk and Mo, sure. I've got sixty-plus men, so that's essentially two platoon-size units (one commanded by Kirk), plus Mo's scouts. That leaves another lieutenant unnamed, running the remaining 'platoon'. I have no immediate thoughts as to his identity, but he should be either here or on his way. If the shoe fits Fleece or someone, slot 'im in.

    I actually do want Gritch here. Not sure exactly what I might need him for (I'm not in the habit of using him in interrogations), but he's involved in this somehow. I'd also like Spector here, honestly, but he's not. Might send someone after him.

    If Seville is still explosive, who the hell would I talk to about disarming his vest? Is it obvious? I'm about as old as the apocalypse, and I'm familiar with most military ordinance. I'm no bomb squadie, though.

    Let's say the lull in the conversation is now. I've had whatever meager reports I could get, and I'm eying the map in the table like it's trying to hide something from me. In fact, I want to read the broader strategic situation ... a patrol went missing, a balloon floated in from somewhere, Seville's compatriots are hiding in the hills somewhere. I know the land around here like the back of my hand - let's see if I can put anything together.
  • Read the sitch, on the larger strategic scale: #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • edited November 2010
    Am I still in control of this region? (Or, rather, who is in control?) Where are my enemies hiding themselves? What should I be on the lookout for?
  • edited November 2010
    Fleece is definitely the last lieutenant. You sent a runner to go get him. But, the runner hasn't come back, and there ain't no sign of Fleece. You're not sure what's up with that, but your patience has run dry and might be something you should deal with after the immediate orders of business. When the men were here earlier, before Princy left to take Violetta to the dungeon, he gave them an order to help clean up the mess. You noticed some of them grumbled, and even refused to work. You think Princy sorted it out without your intervention, after all, most of the mess got cleaned up. But, the men were from Fleece's platoon.

    As far as you can tell, you're still in control here. At least, you've got control of most of your men. You have your doubts about Fleece and his intentions. However, Mo's brought some more shit to your attention. The patrol that didn't return, well, it was scouting this old building - she thinks it used to be a prison of some sort. Most people that go up in that region don't come back, and she wanted to know why. She points it out on your map. Whatever there is NOT in your control, despite it falling under your wing span.

    Secondly, you know that someone was privy to the details of the shift change this morning. Meaning, someone within the compound is working for the other team. That doesn't make you feel happy. You can't decide on the details, or that if Fleece is the culprit for sure, but you know there is definitely enemies lurking within the Chateau.

    Last, but not least, if I were you, I'd be on the lookout for this device attached to Seville. You didn't find any sort of detonator. You're not sure how it works. It could go off any time. The only clue you have to its operation is the heartbeat monitor attached to it and Seville. It's some of the highest tech you've seen. Where the hell would someone get something like this?

    I'm not sure who you should talk to about the fucking thing though. Spector might be an option. He tends to be savvy about that kind of shit. But, bombs? Who the fuck knows?

    Seville's not explosive. He's restrained, gagged and he's keeping still. He's not trying anything. But, you can see him working through shit in his head. This ain't how he planned it to go down.

    I think this would be a good time for Marlene to come in if she wants. Or, Gritch to speak up.
  • Anybody remember which thread Spector's note was in? I'm trying to find it so Marlene can give it to Uncle.

    "'Scuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but Spec asked me to bring this. Not sure if what's goin' on is any of my business, but I'm glad to see you're okay. You need my help in an attack on whoever's dumb enough to start somethin' with you, you just say the word."
  • Posted By: Christopher Weeks
    Lars, this morning finds me in an altogether unhappy situation. A ruffian and a hostage appeared at my place, claiming to be siblings, but clearly not. They were carrying a sick man on a litter. As it became clear that the ruffian is one of those who intends harm to all forms of order and beauty, I opted to take his life and rescue his hostage. As these things do sometimes, it went poorly. In our altercation, I killed the innocent and the ruffian fled. At least I took his pistol. I brought the bleeding victim, a girl named Matilda whom I believe was from Backwater and the unconscious man about whom I know nothing, to The Chateau. The girl died en route and I've left the diseased fellow in the care of your man Crutch.
    I hope that you will have the resources to devote attention to three things. First, the ruffian who fled my place is out and about, and likely to cause trouble for others -- and quite possibly, for me. I would rest easier knowing that one of your patrols had dispatched him. I am hoping that the ill man in the care of Crutch does not represent a new disease in our area. Some of these are quite damaging. It might be especially bad were he to find his way into the local food supply. Third, and I'll understand if it seems to be least important; if Backwater falls under your umbrella of governance, you may want to investigate whatever unrest or famine might be taking place that sent these kids wandering from their home to mine. And perhaps take the time to alert their kin that the two young, copper-haired travelers have met their end.
    On an unrelated note, Marlene and I have discussed mounting a salvage expedition to the old military hospital. I don't know the way, but she does. It appears, however, that there is a security issue and people who go there either never come back or when they do, are not quite right in the head. I like to imagine that there is equipment and supplies there that we -- as a greater community, might quite benefit from if we were able to bring it back. Is this something that you would be interested in sponsoring? A small security and labor detail would be quite welcome.
    I hope that this letter finds your day better than mine.

    Sincerely,

    Spector
  • edited November 2010
    marked xp (1)
  • I read the letter, scanning, going back to re-read a few bits. Done, I snap my eyes back up to Marlene, asking directly:

    "Spector's around?"
  • I'm perfectly willin' to sit an' wait until I get a chance t'talk to Uncle. Alone.

    An' I'm eyin' Seville an' the doohickey on his body while I wait. Wouldn't mind messin' up this fucker a bit, either, but that's not a priority.
  • "He was headed home when he gave me this. Haven't seen him since then."
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, I am actually dressed now, everybody. Boots, un-dyed denim work pants, linen shirt, and my signature jacket (made of leather in some ancient times, but now maybe half canvas patches).

    What do I know about Backwater? Do they pay tribute?

    I make a sound. Annoyance, maybe. I flip the letter over and scrawl on the back with a handy greasepencil:
    Spector

    It's complicated down here. Patrols will be out, but I won't be able to put any emphasis on hunting down your fugitive. You're worried, you lock up and come down here with the girl. I could use you anyway. I'll check on the diseased guy.
    I fold it over a couple times, then set a rock on it. Mental note: Princy gets back, send him out again to send this up the mountain with a couple men. Also, to check with Crutch regarding the sick man.

    While writing, I mention, "You found a body this morning. I haven't heard details. What happened?"
  • That's directed at Marlene, yes?
  • Was there time to go home before this, or is this taking place right after the last scene? If Marlene went home, she would have investigated further, since Timmy seemed to have something he didn't want to say in front of the Rough Riders. If not, then she'll tell Uncle what little she knows:
    "Washed up on the side of the barge. I think Timmy might know more, but he seemed nervous around the dock guards, so I can get it out of him once I get back home."
  • It can be either/or. We can play out the scene and find out what Timmy knows, or you can find out later. What would you prefer?
  • I'd rather find out what he knows. Also, Marlene would rather not be covered in blood when she comes to see Uncle.
  • Sure. I'll set up a scene for that.
  • Want to just roll on here? If it turns out Marlene has more to say on this topic (and we just don't know it yet), we could add in a 'deleted scene' expansion of the conversation at the end of that thread.
  • Works for me.
  • Let's do it. Timmy just spilled his guts for the most part. ;)
  • Princy shows up before Marlene has a chance to finish and sort of interrupts.

    "Uncle, the bitch is secured. I've got my best men looking after her in the dungeon. You need me for anything else?"

    Princy looks tired as fuck. He's been up all night. Running around. He's covered in mud. It hasn't been a pleasant evening for him.
  • Marlene waits her turn, and then explains what Timmy told her. "My boy saw some thugs, not kitted out like proper Riders, arguing with the poor guy 'fore they executed him and threw him in the lake. He wasn't sure, but he thought the crew working the dock with Biscuit's girl might have been on the wrong side of that argument, so he didn't want to say anything in front o' them. Said they had some kind'f a car with a big gun. Anything like that 'round the chateau, I'd keep an eye on it, and if there's not, I'd keep an eye out for it."
  • edited November 2010
    "Where was this? Not at the dock? And just last night?"

    Princy's a good kid. Well, anyway:

    "Princy, good. You got an ID yet on that body the lady brought in this morning?"

    Wait, covered in mud like he's been running his ass off in the drizzle and the mud, and he's a mess? Or covered in mud like he's taken some kind of a spill?
  • Both!

    "His face is all swollen and waterlogged, but I think it's Eno from the night scouts we sent up to the region Mo was wanting to check out."

    He pauses waiting for further orders.
  • I grunt, like: "Hunh."

    "Ok. There's some ill son of a bitch down with Crutch. Spector says, maybe some kind of new fever or whatever. Go by and tell Crutch to send me a report, and while he's at it tell him we might be going into the field soon. Might be seeing some casualties. If he's short anything we'll need, he better put that in the report."

    "Second, well ..."

    I eye him.

    "... nah, you look like shit warmed over. You were on night shift, yeah? That being the case, I don't want to see you again anytime in the next nine hours. Kirk. Have [x] detail a couple men to run this up the mountain to Spector's place."

    I tap Spector's letter. [x] is whomever Kirk uses as a number two. Have we named him yet? I drum fingers on the table. Ok. That'll hold off the wolves for a few minutes.

    "Gritch."

    "Seville here, you may have noticed he wants you pretty bad. He said, specifically, that you have 'access' to something he needs. Do you have any idea what he's talking about?"
  • And I try to read Gritch, paying close attention to him, because I always thought him and his freakish ghost shit would bring me trouble.

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )

    xp (2)

    Any hold I get, I won't spend just this second.
  • Bah. Still got xp, though. I think Gritch can try to interfere, but it's not like he needs to.
Sign In or Register to comment.