[AW] War Room Activities

145791013

Comments

  • Crutch does. He nods, 'I got him' on his way out the doo... er, hole in the front of the building.
  • edited November 2010
    Yup. You haven't heard from Mo yet, Uncle. It's only been a few minutes though. No more gunshots at least.

    So, Marlene, are you going right through the marketplace? Cause if so, you might see it first. You can avoid it if you want though and just head right down to your place.
  • edited November 2010
    Sounds good. You're there. Are you wanting to do anything in particular once you arrive?
  • Haha. Right on.
  • I'll fall in with Lars as he walks wherever we're going. "Yeah, it's been a rough day for her. She's very...humane. And she needed a nap after her bath, but your boys came for me. Y'know. She might be coming down with something, I'm not sure yet. But she's got access to the lab and there are alarms that'll go off if someone tries to get in. She'll be fine."

    I pause for a moment as we're walking. "What a fucked up day this is. I guess I should explain something. I shot one of your boys...if you heard me talkin' 'bout it with Marlene a minute ago. Fucker was raping her while some of your other people stood around cheering. I know you need your guys, but I didn't know what else I could do. Anyway, sorry about the strain."
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    "I don't know."

    My breath catches in my throat and I heave a heavy sigh. You've probably caught on that I don't really care for the killing business, but the fact that I don't even know who it was, just caught me off-guard.

    "Dunno. It was really beyond my normal shooting range but I got lucky. Or he didn't. Or something. But hopefully you don't have so many people that took a shot to the neck today that it'll be hard to figure. All's I could tell was that he was a pretty fat thing."

    "And Pamming ain't got whatever that fella has. Well...she might, I s'pose, but she was puking this morning before they showed up. She might be sick or maybe just knocked up. I'll keep an eye on her and maybe we'll make out real good at this hospital."
  • edited November 2010
  • Just gotta say I'm loving this conversation so far.
  • "I'm skeptical that the illness is increasing aggression. I mean...maybe, but I don't see it yet. If'n that's the case and it's at all virulent, then we're pretty well fucked. How good is your man Crutch? He seems a little off, but that don't mean he's ignorant."

    Now that you're looking for it, it's pretty clear that Spector is tired. And sad. And open. Bothered by killing the folks -- particularly the girl. And under all that, excited about something.

    "Two kids showed up. The boy was a bad'un and the girl, Matilda was just scared. I needed to kill the boy, but I got the wrong one. He didn't seem like he was bad because of a bug -- just 'cause some folks are bad. But what the fuck do I know?"
  • edited November 2010
  • I shrug, "yeah...dunno."

    "I do have to tell ya though -- and I know you don't exactly set store in this stuff, but I went out to the blast sight and felt around for that Seville's soul -- it seemed like you had more you needed from him. I had a strange vision. I think his soul belongs to someone -- it got sucked away by something. It looked like a woman with twigs in her hair and such -- hard to know how literal to take these thing, could be that there's some weird lady with twigs in her hair working against us that we need to find out about and maybe it's just some...natural, guess you could say, force. Anyway, it's weird. Weirder than usual..."
  • Gonna let this conversation go to it's natural conclusion and then we'll be in the market where Mo is.
  • Are you hip to his special gear? If so, you got it. Where you keeping it though?
  • Uncle's known Spector a long time. You know that all you'd have to do is indicate that you need this information and that the only people who could help you have all just died. Spector'd get the idea to follow up on his own. But when? If you wanted him to drop what he was doing and pursue this shit now, you'd probably have to come right out.
  • edited November 2010
  • "You should interrogate your prisoner. She's your best, most direct avenue to the information you need. You can ask around about the balloon if that doesn't pan out -- can't hide a giant flying thing for too long, but the asking will take time."

    (Dude! That was you coming to me for advice...if you take my advice, you get a +1 to any rolls in the doing and I mark experience.)

    "Marlene's man might know something, too. She wanted me to reach out to him -- if we can set that up, I'll try to ask him if he knows anything about Jean."

    Did I teach Jean? Or just your son(s) -- I don't recall where we talked about that.
  • Sure.

    As you round the corner to the front lawn, you get full view of a showdown happening right there. Mo and Cedar have taken up cover behind a turned-over stall. Mo's got her weapon aimed at this Rough Rider, his name is Panzer, who's got this crying lady held up at gunpoint. Mo's screaming at him, all, "Let her fucking go, Panzer!" And, he's all like, "Fuck you! I ain't going to the dungeon over this shit!"

    What shit?

    Well, there's a couple bodies, all shot up and bloodied, scattered throughout the market. The immediate vicinity looks a wreck. Stalls and tables knocked over, carts tumped, goods strung across the field. On the far side of the market, you see some residents, your peeps, holed up and taking cover far enough away to not get shot, but still have a good view of the scene going down.

    Any questions? What do you two do?
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    Yes, you recognize the hostage. It's a girl named Granola who you usually see hanging around the market trying to sell these lousy quilts she sews from various segments of old clothes and blankets. She's awfully plain looking, but frightened out of her wits.

    Panzer is a grunt. He's usually getting himself in trouble, but usually doesn't cause problems as far as murderin' and all that. But, you wouldn't put it past him to get himself in the thick of it seein' as how he tends to act before he thinks. He doesn't see you or Spector at the moment. His eyes are trained on Mo's gun. Although, you can tell he's gripping that pistol he's got a little harder than you'd like.

    Who's in control?

    Panzer's in control right now if anyone gives a shit about Granola. If not, Mo probably is, as she hasn't noticed you yet. You're not seeing much else. This is between Mo and Panzer right now.

    What's my enemy's true position?

    Panzer gets mad when he's hungry and his idea of civilized society goes right out the fucking window. Looks like the gunned down civilians were farmers here to trade.
  • I'm looking non-threatening and approaching the downed civilians. Maybe they're still alive.
  • Spector, if you come closer to the bodies, which are not too far from Panzer, he's going to notice you and it might complicate things. He's definitely not going to let you just waltz up there. You wanna go anyway and see what he says about it?
Sign In or Register to comment.