[Chateau] People and Places of the Chateau

edited November 2010 in Out-Of-Game
For my own purposes, to keep my shit straight. I'm keeping a list of PCs, NPCs I've named and you've named, and places here. If I'm missing something (and I probably am), just post a reply and let me know.

Cast of PCs:

Marlene - Max Brustkern

Gritch - Brendan Conway
June - Brendan Conway

Uncle Lars - Michael Loy
Di - Michael Loy

Navarre - Charlton Wilbur

Spector - Christopher Weeks

Sketch - Trevis Martin

NPCs named:

Uncle's family:

Kirk
Mo
James - Dead.
Jean
Molly - his old pup.

Rough Riders:
Kirk's Platoon:
Kirk
Exit

Royal's Squad:
Royal
Pellet
Hale
Vegas
Avocado Jones

Shag's Squad:
Tao
B
Hurley
Coors
Shag

Chat's Squad:
Chat
Saddle
Dandruff
Rum
Dremmer
Gummy

Fleece's Platoon:
Fleece
Gettys - Fleece's Second - Injured.

Threader's Squad:
Threader

Barker's Squad:
Barker - also runs a canteen.
Pete
Rothschild

Lala's Squad:
Lala
Putrid
Rufe

Mo's Scouts:
Mo
Cedar - Mo's Second.
Violetta - Captured.

Staff
Princy - assistant to Uncle
Daff - Machine Shop/Motor Pool
Wisher - Machine Shop
Rice - Quartermaster - Badly injured.
Crutch - 'surgeon' general
Omie - Radioman

Mimi and her girls:

White

Mimi - Dead.
Kettle - Dead.
Rest of the Girls - Dead.

Marlene's family:

Jimmy
Timmy
Vera
Sarah

Close to PCs:

Ruby

Pamming

Mox
Spc. Tammy M. Jackson

Balls - Ghostly.

Imam - scavenger and keen on Marlene.

Motown - collector of musics

Other:
Dog Head - Ghostly.

Frankie

Wise

Witch - ?

Sheena Bella - Spirit.

Millions

Armistead
Mae
Kylie
Penny

Matilda - Dead.
Newton - Dead.
Bondo - Dead.
Seville - Dead.

Narrows:

Torch
Priss

God's hold:

God
Robin Williams

Fuse
Fauna

Trey's gang:

Trey
Chok
Hugo
Rousseau

Baby Duck's gang:
Baby Duck
Wally
Amy
Needles

Dead Rough Riders:

Tum Tum - Dead.
Pipes - Dead.
Wheat - Dead.
Bingo - Dead.
Panzer - Dead.
Screen - Dead.
Flush - Dead.
Boo - Dead.
Bowdy - Dead.

From ze Flashbacks:

Millions
Trey

Gash
Jackabacka

Polk
Clot
Ik

Fox
Wire
Buzz
Max - Cash - Formerly-Max
Ta

... more coming soon ...

Some Places

The Chateau - Obviously.

Minehead - Near God's prison. If he's moved into that area, it's likely under siege.

Narrows - Small camp for traders passing through, and where many Riders keep their families. Torch runs the front-end of the camp, a bar and gas repository.

Backwater - Small town of around 20 or so, living off of industrial remains. Walters usually led the people, but no tribute lately.

Milltown - We'll get there. Crude farming. Run by Millions.

Brockway - Farming town; they traded whatever they could grow for whatever they couldn't. Marco is the official leader of Brockway.

Ogdenville - Used to have a mine, and nobody quite had the tech to run it anymore, but the old mine gift shop supplied shinies doled out very slowly in trade. You'd be amazed at what kind of Hocus Pocus people would make out of a cheap plastic toy, just because none will ever be manufactured again.

North Haverbrook - Was mainly a source of metal, scraps and a lot of hardware. At one point, they had had an extensive public transportation system, but it hadn't even been functional for a good part of Before, and now it was slowly being re-purposed as bullets or whatever else people wanted from metal.

Nimitz - Abandoned (well, not really) aircraft carrier. Lots of bad stuff being generated there.

Comments

• Do you want the ones from flashbacks too?

Millions
    Trey

Gash
    Jackabacka

Polk
    Clot
    Ik

Fox
    Wire
    Buzz
    Max
  • Added some places.
  • Added some. Organized it a bit.

Lemme know if I'm missing someone. I probably am.
  • Added some flashback NPCs. Who else am I missing?
  • Cash is Formerly-Max; Ta is the other ghost.
  • In places...Mine? Dog Head's former 'hold? Or is that too demolished to count now?
  • I don't know. What's left of Mine?
  • Added some NPCs pertaining to God.
  • Add in Minehead, maybe. It's been mentioned incidentally as a place not too far from God's abandoned prison. We know nothing more about it, though, so it maybe doesn't require notation yet.

However, we do have a nameless town that's pretty near the Chateau, distinct it that it's a way stop for people heading to market and that it's where a fair number of Riders keep family. That's probably worth mention. It needs a name, so ... Narrows?
  • Added Baby Duck's gang.
  • Further divided up the Rough Riders for better organization.
  • edited January 2011
  • Holy shit! Nice map!
  • edited December 2010
    Raft Gangs:

- The Argos (Don't ask me, it's something Ay Em came up with, some picture book he found, the whole thing was Argo Nots but Argos is what we use) are supposed to come up later but wanted to do some trade with the Mocs (another crew) before they did.

- Di's tattoos are twisting, spiraling patterns that run from wrist to bicep. They're an abstract map of the rivers, lakes, and coastline around here. Distorted and entirely out of scale, of course, but still accurate: if you know how to read the patterns, each stretch of river or coastline clearly indicates length and bearing. This is one of a few designs frequently used by the gangs to signify membership, some of the others being less obviously practical.

- The raft gangs are a kind of a combination of urban street gangs and waterborne gypsies. They're generally young people (teens and twenties) who've abandoned their homes in the holds for one reason or another and banded together to wander on the rivers and lakes.

- They're excellent scavengers, overall, but they've been known to supplement that income with mildly unsavory means, like thievery and prostitution. They're not specially dangerous, though - they'll defend themselves viciously, but they generally are more interested in keeping safe than in scoring profit, so they don't often turn to raiding and such.

- They usually move on sometime in their twenties. Many resettle in holdings, and that actually serves an important function by keeping fresh blood moving around among the various holds. Others move up to more serious gangs, joining up with guys like Uncle and Baby Duck, and are a major source of recruitment. There's probably a good number of Rough Riders with raft tattoos, mixed in at random.

- I think it'd be slightly hilarious if a guy like Sketch, who's stuck around with the gangs into his late twenties, is called OG by the others. Maybe that's just me, though.

- They're wanderers, so they're not specially territorial. There's lots of different crews, and they do occasionally fight over stupid shit, but they're usually on reasonably peaceable terms. There might be a lot of cross-pollination, where a guy might change crews multiple times in the course of his time with the rafts.

- They wander far: they aren't just a fixture of this particular area, by any means. A given raft might stick to certain stretches of river and coast, but the cross-pollination thing could still mean a specific rafter moves hundreds and hundreds of miles before he resettles or joins a professional gang.
  • Added Trey's gang.
  • I don't think Princy has a squad - I think he's a ... a thing. I don't know what you call it. But he answers to Uncle and doesn't actually have his own command? Royal was supposed to run Kirk's third squad.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, you're right. Princy's like a little XO or something. Forgot about Royal.

ETA: Didn't see Royal's name when I did a search, but I've added him none-the-less, as well as filled out his squad a little more.
  • Oh, just saw that ^. The reason you didn't see Royal was because 'Royal' is incorrect. It's Regal, who's mentioned in passing on the first page of 'Battle of the Chateau'. My mistake, there.
  • edited January 2011
    I tweaked the map in my post up there just a touch. The mountain right near the Chateau (with Minehead and the prison on its north face) wasn't very legible, which'd been bugging me. I threw it into higher relief.