[AW] Session 3 Letters to the Players

edited November 2010 in Out-Of-Game
Dear Marlene,
What a day, huh? You gotta look at the silver lining though, right? Your kids are safe and fed. What about that gun Timmy wants? You still need to get that for him. And, Sarah. She’s talking to ghosts now? Like they’re friends. What’s up with that? Do you think Jimmy’s going to sleep well after seeing that dead body? Imam’s warm to you. That’s interesting. He’s come over to the barge and he’s having dinner. Playing with the kids. He brought them toys even. They’re not still in the packaging, but that’s ok right? :) And, dessert. Oh man. Six boxes of Jello pudding. Being in good with a guy who might be one of the best scavengers around is a good thing. But, did dinner go well? Does he like you? And, now, this whole hospital thing, riding out with Spector and Tum Tum’s squad trying to find this so-called hospital full of supplies. You’re taking Barney right? Did Uncle hook you up with fuel? What do you owe him for that?

Marlene, please roll+sharp. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
• Dinner with Imam went well and you have a good feeling he’ll be coming around more if you want him to, and with gifts likely... of course, he’ll probably be wanting something in exchange sometime soon. Go ahead and you get 2-barter worth of gifts if you choose this one. And, potential for more in the future.
• Barney is running smoothly and isn’t going to give you problems on the way back from the ‘hospital’ especially considering you’re traveling near God’s prison - and you don’t even realize it.
• Tum Tum is alive and you aren’t pinned down inside, where the hospital is, with the rest of his squad with them looking to you as their leader.
• Baby Duck and his gang have been looking for you. Revenge. But, they haven’t found out where your family is yet.
On a miss, choose 1 anyway, but not the one about Tum Tum being alive. He’s dead now. And, you’re there with the rest of his squad.
Love and kisses, your MC

Dear Uncle,
Holy shit. Your hold has had enough action for a year, let alone one day. You woke up to it. And, you might be going to bed with it. You’ve got quite a bit on your plate yeah? Fleece and his bid for the Chateau, Jean has ran away and joined up with some weird guy named God, and everyone inside the Chateau seems to be going nuts, trying to murder, rape or torture each other. Mo’s off scouting, and Violetta’s gone with her in order to find out more information about the layout of God’s hold.

So, Uncle, please roll+hard. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 3:
• Only one person from Mo’s scouting party comes back. They were ambushed. Oh, and it ain’t Mo who comes back. You tell me who.
• A crackle came over the radio. It’s Violetta, right before she had been captured. She tried getting the intel out, but the radio signal got cut. She’s could still be alive, or not. But, she certainly ain't coming back on her own.
• The meeting with Fleece didn’t go well. You tried to put him in his place, but times are changing and Fleece’s men are loyal to him. You’re now locked down in a brutal siege between his men and your men, led by Kirk. I mean, like right now. Tell me the setup.
• Pamming’s staying with you at the Chateau until things get safe. Only, you’ve noticed she’s been despondent, detached and clearly depressed. And, talking to her has only made it worse. You suspect she may be suicidal.
On a miss, I’ll choose 3 for you and one will probably be with Fleece and I’ll tell you how things are going down.
Love and kisses, your MC

Dear Spector,
Wouldn’t it be nice if things were simple? Just you and Pamming, enjoying life up on the mountain with your goats and your herbs and your tea? Just you and the kid. The kid? Is Pamming pregnant? I don’t know. Maybe. Uncle all but demanded she stay with him while you’re out on your recon with Marlene to find this hospital thing. Where is life headed for you? What do you want? What are your intentions with Pamming? What if she does have a child in there? What if she doesn’t want it? And, what the hell is up with you and Navarre?

Spector, please roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
• You’re not cut off from Marlene and Tum Tum’s squad inside where this hospital is located. Good for you. You are not alone.
• Someone has come to you with information about Jean. It’s good information. And, it’s something you should have known all along.
• Pamming hasn’t had the abortion.
• That kid, Frankie. He’s captured. He’s at the Chateau. And, he’s at your mercy.
On a miss, you don’t get shit and all the bad shit comes true.
Love and kisses, your MC

Dear Gritch,
Man, it seems like you’re the odd man out. You’re certainly the weirdest of the bunch, even compared to Spector. I mean, is it just me, or does everyone just totally feel kind of distant from you? Well, except maybe for that Navarre kid. So, what’s up with Dog Head? Is he your ally now? You guys seemed to work really well together against that crazy spirit in the maelstrom. What was her name? Sheena Bella? Why’d she want a kid? Anyways, I’m concerned because you’re throwing yourself on bombs and getting pretty brazen about scanning people’s souls willy nilly. What happens if Dog Head gets control? Anyways, rest up buddy because Mimi set it up so you and White would have the next 36 hours to buddy up. Will she see something in you? I don’t know.

Gritch, please roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
• Is this the Florence Nightingale Syndrome or what? White is keen on you and you didn’t even have to implant the suggestion into her mind. Better thank Mimi, and Seville for bringing that bomb to blow you up. No sex yet though. Let’s save that for the game.
• That pain grenade you lost? Someone brings it right to you. No strings attached.
• Wise. You know where she’s at and what she’s up to. It ain’t good.
• Dog Head’s been trying to communicate with you. He knows why God wanted you. And, he’s willing to let you in on it.
On miss, you wake up somewhere random. And, the shit you see is not going to be pretty. Did you make this mess?
Love and kisses, your MC

Dear Navarre,
Getting bust up ain’t fun, but at least you’re used to it right? Add some new scars to your face. At least when you wake up after passing out with some amazing sex with Violetta, before she went off into the hornet’s nest, she’s left you a little gift. It’s your book, lying in the spot where she was earlier. Is Ruby out of your life now? Violetta seems to be into you and she also appears to be in Uncle’s good graces considering the circumstances. How do you feel about that? You had to consider killing the weird ass fuck on the hilltop, but it turns out you’re not held to that bargain anymore. What’s up with you and him anyways? It’s been 36 hours and you’re feeling good. Princy’s got your guns back to you and life seems so full of possibilities when that’s happened. Right?

Navarre, please roll+hard for me. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
• You’ve stumbled on some random medical supplies. Good for you. You can start with your first aid kit full and ready to go.
• One of the Rough Riders (you name her) - well, her baby girl got sick and came to you since Crutch is off duty for the most part. You saved her. Congrats. She owes you a favor. Anything. Anytime.
• Someone comes to you and tells you all the juicy details about why Ruby was working for Mimi. And, she comes crawling back to you. You can decide whether to take her back or not.
• You notice word has spread of your heroism at the hot air balloon firefight. Must've been Tum Tum telling stories. The Rough Riders are starting to respect you, and most of the ones you've run into are even calling you Navarre.
On a miss, those drugs were too good. You’re fucking addicted now. We’ll talk about the custom move. :)
Love and kisses, your MC

Oh, and for everyone:

Dear Residents of the Chateau,
You’ve noticed yourself feverish, having swollen glands, and generally feeling awful.

Roll+Cool.
On 10+, it goes away after a day or so. No biggie.
On 7-9, it’s persistent. This ain't good.
On a miss, it's gotten worse. Good luck.
Love and kisses, your MC

Comments

• Letters are up. This officially marks the beginnings of session 3. Start using your new highlights. And, make your rolls for the letter here. We'll set up scenes based on the results.
  • Ahem.

#DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, Mo's fine. Everything else, true. Gotta watch out for my girl.

Ah, I have to describe the siege. I'll edit that in.
  • Hoo boy. (LOVE IT!)

#DiceRoller( 2d6+3 )
  • edited November 2010
    Really? Really, dice? That's how you want to play it? Really?

(Love letters do not ever count for rolling highlighted stats, right?)

Oh, and I'm assuming we're all supposed to roll+cool, as per the bottom, too.

#DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • Sure they do. He said, right up there.
  • Does "Residents of the Chateau" include me? And is that roll+0?
  • #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )
  • Well, he said start using new highlights. Wasn't sure if that was a reference to our reactions to these events (as in, everybody start using your new highlights to deal with this shit), or if that specifically referred to these rolls.
  • I'm cut off from Marlene and Tum Tum. You know why? 'Cause fuck you...that's why. ;-)
  • Oh wait, I gotta roll+cool too.

#DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • Huh. Well, xp (4), or I think so.
  • Here's Sharp:
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 ) (highlighted for 3)
    and here's Cool:
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+0 ) (highlighted for 4)

As for the questions my roll choices don't address (Timmy, etc.) do I just answer those?
  • edited November 2010
    Though, clarification: are the residents of the Chateau me, Gritch, and Navarre (since we're residing in the Chateau), or does that really just mean everybody?

-edit-

Oh. Christopher asked that already.
  • Also, fuck a duck.
  • edited November 2010
    God, Marlene. Thanks for killing Tum Tum. (c;
  • Well shit, no wonder I'm cut off from him.
  • Yeah, wow, are these rolls going well for us.
  • It means everyone! Sorry for the confusion.
  • Here's the love letter roll: #DiceRoller( 2d6+3 )

And the how-sick-am-I-really roll: #DiceRoller( 2d6-1 )
  • For the illness: #DiceRoller( 2d6-1 )
  • I got the best rolls...a ten and a five?

Also, the love letters were great.
  • Seconded. And yeah, boy did these letters cause some shit.
  • I'm trying to pick between Imam and Baby Duck. If I don't pick Imam, is he just like "fuck you forever" or can we still be friends, just not more, and not with gifts? I was kind of thinking "Stay away from Baby Duck" would be a good Obligation gig if I move to operator, but if he catches up now, I can figure out something else.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, lemme answer some of these questions.
    Posted By: Brendan Conway(Love letters do not ever count for rolling highlighted stats, right?)
    I don't see why not. *shrug* Works just like beginning of session moves I'm thinking, and those mark XP.
    Posted By: Christopher WeeksDoes "Residents of the Chateau" include me? And is that roll+0?
    Includes everyone (by Residents, I meant players, people falling under Uncle's wing, etc...). Sorry for the confusion, guys.
    Posted By: Max BAs for the questions my roll choices don't address (Timmy, etc.) do I just answer those?
    Yes, answer those for me. Some of the questions were just me thinking outloud, so I'm curious. I wanted to remind you about Timmy's request because I love it when my NPCs have guns in their possession, and especially when those NPCs are kids.
    Posted By: Max BIf I don't pick Imam, is he just like "fuck you forever" or can we still be friends, just not more, and not with gifts?
    It's like something went horribly wrong, he took his gifts and left. He probably won't talk to you again as far as "personal" stuff. He's a businessman though. If you want to talk business, etc... Plus, you can always make an attempt to repair that relationship. But, if you don't choose that, it's an affront to Imam.

So, maybe not "fuck you forever" but definitely "well, fuck her then".
  • You should totally have a nice dinner and screw the rest of it. (c:
  • Posted By: Michael LoyYou should totally have a nice dinner and screw the rest of it. (c:
    I agree.
  • That's what I was thinking too. :)
  • A woman's gotta support her children. Being a single mom at the Chateau is hard work. And, if she can get a little help, well, don't blame her for taking it. ;)