[AW] Some Fool Done Gone and Fucked Up

edited November 2010 in In-Game
Di, there you are kneeling over a face you recognize from your past. It's Spector. He's in shock, shuddering and about to die. The packaging from a series of first aid kit supplies are scattered all about him, like he went through and used up just about everything trying to stabilize himself. The Spector you knew clearly was never prepared to work in the field.

Mox puts a hand on your shoulder.

"Di, you know this guy? We're going to have to stabilize him. He's bleeding out. What's with all the cuts? Looks like he got ripped to shreds by a pack of wolves."

Mox drops your kit to the floor with a loud thud!. He starts digging through it, face in the duffel.

"Tell me what you need."

Jackson has been acting strange. She's looking around erratically.

What do you do?
«134

Comments

  • I read the sitch. I'm like, what on earth is Spector doing here, and these wounds are obviously recent. So I have my knife out, and I'm cutting open his red-soaked overalls to get a better idea of what we have to deal with, and I'm telling Mox: injectable tourniquet, meatmesh, reddener, have a couple chillstabs ready in case he gets lively.

    But for that I'm on automatic (done it before, y'know?), and I'm also shooting glances around the deck of the ship, making sure nothing is sneaking up on us. If nothing presents itself, I check his wounds and work out what I want to do.
  • #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )
  • Q1: What should I be on the lookout for?
    Q2: What's my enemy's true position?

    I'm taking these holistically. Horrible monsters and Spector's wounds are both worthy subjects.

    Q3: What's my best escape route?

    I mean that straightforwardly, as in running away from this place.
  • edited November 2010
    Q1: What should I be on the lookout for?

    You should be on the lookout for Spector's serious trauma. He's an inch away from bleeding out entirely.

    Q2: What's my enemy's true position?

    Your enemy's true position is near an open stairwell that leads up to the deck. Something is coming up the stairwell.

    Q3: What's my best escape route?

    Off the side of the deck. Like, jumping off. Straight into the water. And, maybe swimming to your little boat.

    Mox is sorting through the kit and laying out the supplies in ready order for you.

    What do you want to do?
  • June, you're watching it all go down from your position through the circular sight of your binoculars. What the hell? Someone else here besides those things and the Admiral?

    And, holy fuck. Is that Spc. Jackson with them?

    How would you like to proceed?
  • I'm unable to think for a moment. The past few days, I could scarcely allow myself to contemplate the potential that others might still be alive. Even after seeing Tammy's vacated pod, I could only let myself believe she'd been torn to pieces, murdered, something. Training took over; I was alone, in a hostile environment.

    I'm not entirely sure how to react to finding others. Tammy's alive? And with others? They look strange. Why is the one wearing a poncho?

    Every nerve in my body is aching for me to go to them and hug them. But training stays with you, and I raise my gun. I don't know what's happened here. I can't afford to take any chances.

    Keeping them in my sights, I call out.

    "Get down on the ground! Hands where I can see them!"
  • Oh, gah.

    "Uh, there's someone over in that stairwell. Keep an eye on it? Tammy?"

    Ok, stabilizing Spector. Really quick, possibly. I tap the injectable tourniquet to settle the liquid, and I pick a couple of veins. He's bleeding a lot, so the trick is to staunch the bloodflow without putting him into cardiac arrest or causing him irreparable brain damage. Avoiding gangrene would be nice, too.

    "Stab him, Mox."

    Yeah, he'll be wanting some narcotics, while this is in effect. I inject him up, swab down the wounds, and spray some meatmesh into his most obvious holes. We'll worry about prettying him up if he survives.
  • edited November 2010
    Great, let's see the roll, Di.

    And, then you hear the voice of someone telling you to put your hands up!
  • I am so ignoring her.

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+4 )

    That's 3 stock, Spector. You better not die on me.
  • edited November 2010
    To use an angel kit to stabilize and heal someone at 9:00 or past: roll+stock spent. On a hit, they will stabilize and heal to 6:00.
    But the MC will choose 2 (on a 7–9):
    • even narcostabbed, they fight you; you’re acting under fire.
    • stabilizing them eats up your stock; spend 1-stock more.


    Spector, you come out of it, and someone's over top of you. At first, you think it's more of those things.

    Di, he's fucking fighting you. Mox is screaming.

    "I can't hold him!"

    Show me the roll!
  • June, they all just ignore you, clearly focused on whatever they are doing there.
  • "So stab him again!"

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • Breathing slows, hands steady. Training takes over. I fire a few warning shots off to the side, where they're unlikely to ricochet back and hit them.

    "I said DOWN ON THE GROUND! NOW!"
  • edited November 2010
    Manipulate with threat of violence? Go aggro?
  • Fuck. Spector's going nuts. He takes the end of his magnum and he's swinging it about. It hits you right in the fucking head, Di. That'll be 1-harm to the face.

    Then, Mox stabs him and Spector calms down, relaxing from the drugs.

    Spector, you realize it's Di over you.
  • Or, are you going aggro?
  • They're the same for me, so I'm gonna manipulate with threat of violence.

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • "Di?"

    ...

    "What the fuck...where am I?"
  • Huh. I get xp with both carrot and stick.

    I lurch back from Spector, one hand reflexively going to my face, the other waving around a bit with the site injector, and I'm:

    "What the ... Spector! Man!"

    But he looks like he's not going to die right now, so I shoot a look back at that stairwell, put down the site injector next to my knife, and, well. I'm on the ground as is, so I put my hands up.

    "Ok. Ok! Get down guys. Medic! Don't shoot! Geeze."
  • Out the side of my mouth:

    "You're on a boat! A giant boat in the river? What are you doing here? What happened to you? And lay still. There's someone pointing an assault rifle at us."
  • edited November 2010
    (Assuming that Di's crew does the same...)

    Alright. Situation in hand. For the moment.

    "Identify yourselves! Names, rank if you got it! What are you doing on the...the..." My tongue flaps in my mouth for a minute while I try to remember the name of the boat where I know I spent the last few months...years?...of my life. Nothing comes to me. "What are you doing on the carrier?"
  • edited November 2010
    You can't remember. :) Muahahaha.

    And, yes. Both Mox and Jackson get down.

    Jackson's shouting her name.

    "I'm Tammy! Tammy Jackson!"

    She doesn't seem to recognize you at all.
  • I lie still, at least for a bit. "Salvage mission, trying to gather equipment to kit out my lab with medical facilities. There's a population of degenerates in the bowels of the ship. And my fucking ride left. By the way, I'm feeling great; you're a life-saver! Why are we being assaulted?"
  • edited November 2010
    "My name is Spector, I'm the local agronomist. Who're you?"
  • Di, you see Mox has gotten down, but he's pulling out a weapon discreetly. What's he carrying? A pistol? Knife? Machete?
  • "Who I am isn't at stake right now. Why are you on this boat? And I want your full name, Mr. Spector." Agronomist? I don't remember there being any agronomists on board the...the... Goddammit, this is going to drive me mad.
  • I sit up so I can see my interlocutor. "I'm here on a salvage mission -- looking to bring medical equipment from this haunted wreck back to our little slice of civilization. I've just been fucked up right good and these kind folks are patching me together. And for the life of me, I can't imagine why you -- young lady, would have a problem with that."
  • Probably a good-sized knife, much like mine. Guns don't have much utility use, y'know?

    To Spector: "Yeah, well, stay still like I said. You've got enough narcotics in you, you could be dead and feeling pretty good. You're going to need some bandaging, some stitches. And I have no idea what's going on, at this point."

    Is June a ways off still? I'm figuring I'm shouting over a distance: "I'm Di! He's Mox! We're medics, looking for ... looking for supplies!"
  • "You're looting the carrier? What kind of an idea is that? It's illegal, not to mention that there's hostiles all over this place!" For a moment, I feel like letting out a giggle. The fact that I mentioned illegality in the same sentence as I referenced these...things...as hostiles just seems oddly funny to me. Or it could be the nerves.

    Lock it down, June.

    "Are you even members of the military? Military medics? Are you civilians?"
Sign In or Register to comment.