[pitch] The Apocalypse World Pitch Strikes Back

edited January 2011 in Pitch

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'm in if you'll have me. Was interested in an ice setting, nearly ran a game in an icy setting which died due to the holidays and work, so I got some ideas worth bringing I hope.

Think that's about as much gaming as I can handle though.
  • I'm in. And I *do* want to hog a spot. :)

Weird technology means what?

Horror turned up sounds good. Do you have examples of things we'd see in play?
  • The ice station from "The Thing" 100 years later.... muahahah! Bad place for a hardhold, mister.
  • edited January 2011
  • Frozen old psychiatric hospital on a hill near a graveyard and the nuclear plant on the horizon, of course, still steaming.
  • What if aliens came, devastated the Earth and left. So they left critters and technological detritus?
  • Uck. Post alien apocalypse... nasty. Don't think I've seen that before.
  • I suppose this isn't affected by the setting so much, I'd like to play a Brainer.
  • Allow me to suggest the violation glove.
  • edited January 2011
  • Posted By: Michael LoyMight be a little slow, since it's the weekend?
    *sigh*
  • Don't think I'd like to see aliens, but having the wreckage and aftermath of that war.. holy hell.
  • I think huge!, unprecedented destruction all frozen over in ice forever is pretty compelling.
  • I'm down. I've read the AW book but I haven't played yet so I might be a little slow at the start though.

Icy horror... maybe blighted Alaskan tundra. What about McCarthy's The Road, unknown event, forest burning and trees collapsing. Crazy bastards running around eating people.
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
  • Picturing some huge steaming de-icing machinery. Either around a holding, or some mobile thing they use to carve holes or tunnels. People in some rubberized weird suits and steaming nozzles connected to the huge machine spray the ice off of living spaces and machines like you might de-ice a plane. Ice grows all over everything and it's a constant battle to keep it down.
  • I was totally imagining my Brainer gear to be alien tech, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Maybe we're someplace like Yellowstone that's geothermally active. We get heat from underneath and have heated green houses to grow foods.
  • edited January 2011
    Green houses, that makes sense, yes. Could see brainer gear as remnant alien tech, so with the savvyhead's stuff. He can use the stuff but it's very much weird.

What's the surface like? Snowing? I see blizzards which create thick ice over everything (Ever watch deadliest catch? They were always using sledgehammers (and steam in my apocalypse)to smash inches of ice off the machinery which had accumulated just overnight) What makes us have to deal with the weather? Trade? Danger? What makes us go outside?
  • edited January 2011
  • Sounds like we're cold enough that there's probably no lakes with liquid water at the surface, and probably the oceans are frigid, it would take immense time to freeze them so I don't think that's happened. We can be coastal, maybe? I like yellowstone but there's really not much around there but wilderness. Would be a very wild place probably but I keep picturing heavy industry type stuff.