[The Menagerie] Big Game Lodge Meetin' Time (Wi2.1, Sh2.1, Ta2.1, Ni2.1, Kr2.1, Ma2.2)

2456715

Comments

  • They make bongs out of gourds and old bottles and pipes and stuff. They're all over the place in the recreational complexes like this. turning them up is super-easy. Using them effectively through a creepy leather mask is another thing. So, I'll dig up a bong that the team can pass around, but I normally macerate natural drugs and soak them in solvent and then drink it. This old shit, Pine-Sol -- whatever the fuck that is works great but grain alcohol works in a pinch.
  • I'll try some of Kray's liquid delivery system if he lets me, as an attempt at solidarity, or bonding, or something, but one swig is probably enough to turn me back to the bong.
  • It's clear I don't really like how Wilson keeps touching me, I pull my arm away and take a step back as she lets go. Probably we are a mirror at that moment, recoiling from each other. It probably looks funny from the outside.

    I try to keep composed and nod my head in response to Wilson's questions. "It hurts but I'm ok.... Uh-huh... Tavi gave me some food,"

    It looks like she's going to speak to the group so I go back to rejoin Tavi.
  • edited January 2011
    Posted By: Max B...but since Kray probably isn't carrying crocus juice (doesn't seem like Rabbit would just give out canteens of the stuff) she'll see if he's got anything else.
    Well, Rabbit might not....but....


    So, at this point, everybody's sitting at the bar. Normally, there's a small, separated room in the back that you claim. It's got a table, and it's nice enough. A curtain made of boar-hide that you can pull across the doorway, which at least muffles the noise of the crowd, and makes sure no one can overhear. But you're at the bar, for the moment; the one problem with that back room is that it's hard to get service there when Silver's so tied up at the bar. A few of the hunters of 12th Street probably scooted off their stools pronto upon hearing your approach. Common courtesy for the Menagerie, of course, although you also think they might be Bendrix's boys, so there might be more going on there, him giving his hunters orders to give you some consideration for taking down the mandiboar today, or maybe they're just hoping to get on your good side, get a slice of boar for themselves. Anyway, they join into the bustle throughout the rest of the lodge, the rowdy drinking, the friendly punching. Darts, using sharpened shrapnel and wasp stingers. A common game where everybody takes a talon from the day's hunt and rakes it across a hunk of wood, and whoever's talon leaves the deepest gash wins a drink (and of course, since the hunk of wood is all pitted and gashed and scored at this point, everybody's allowed to argue and scream and eventually hit each other, it's really good fun).

    Kipper's here, with Quoth. Quoth has had her eyes on you since you've come in, but Kipper seems to be paying attention to the buxom woman sitting on his lap, some girl named Yonder.

    Silver approaches upon hearing the call for drugs. "Yeah, I got some shrooms. But I also have some good stuff, if you're interested. Made a deal with someone, don't want to say who, but, let's just say, this stuff will knock you on your ass. In a good way, of course." She spies the bag of moss, too. "Oh, and I can probably give you some rolling papers for that stuff, if you want, although you might have to share." She throws a smile your way, Wilson.

    ETA:
    Posted By: Christopher WeeksThey make bongs out of gourds and old bottles and pipes and stuff. They're all over the place in the recreational complexes like this. turning them up is super-easy. Using them effectively through a creepy leather mask is another thing. So, I'll dig up a bong that the team can pass around, but I normally macerate natural drugs and soak them in solvent and then drink it. This old shit, Pine-Sol -- whatever the fuck that is works great but grain alcohol works in a pinch.
    That also works great.

    Silver says, "Oh, if you want a quality head-gourd, I've got some stashed up in the back for exclusive use. It'll cost you a bit, but it's high-quality gear."
  • We should have 2-barter from the last time we did a gig. I'll offer 1-barter to Silver. "How much will this get us?" I'm looking for use of the head gourd and some of the "good stuff" if I can get those both for 1. If the bag of moss is enough for the crew and Silver, then she can have some of that as well. I indicate Bendrix's guys that gave up their seats. "Those guys helped keep the mess from turning into a free-for-all, so they're eating on me tonight." This is assumed to come from the mandiboar we brought in, hopefully without other arrangement required. There should be enough to feed us and them and still have plenty to sell, the thing was huge. I try to find a nice drumstick-shaped piece, and ask Silver for one if I need to. I take it over to Quoth. "It's my job to make sure my crew gets what they kill, but I know this place is bigger than us. You're a hard man, and you're too good at what we do for me to want you as an enemy."
  • I want to manipulate quoth. I want him to be cool with us, and open to working with us in the future. I offer him the ritual sharing of a kill; I hold the drumstick up. If he takes hold, we both take a big bite, and that makes us buddies, or coworkers, or at least not hating each other.

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • All right, 1 XP from rolling hot, and 1 from Nickel gets me an advance. What to take...
  • Posted By: Max BAll right, 1 XP from rolling hot, and 1 from Nickel gets me an advance. What to take...
    Unnatural lust transfixion.


    Just wanted to say, Quoth is a chick.

    I also want to clarify exactly what the leverage is for that manipulate. It's not just the drumstick of boar meat, right? It's something else, something more intangible. What is it? Camaraderie? You said sharing the meat will sort of set you up as coworkers. I'm trying to see if we can make this more explicitly stated into something that you want Quoth to do, you know? Do you want Quoth to join you for a hit of the drugs? Do you want Quoth to drop her grudge against you?
  • "Tavi? Why... why is Wilson being so friendly with that girl? I didn't think she was so important."
  • "She's the dangerous one, kiddo, If Wilson can get her on our side, it keeps a knife from our backs. Besides we gotta work with folks sometimes. Gotta know we can count on them."

    I've been remembering my rush from earlier and giving Quoth a smoldering look and smile across the room. I'd be interested in being even more friendly than Wilson.
  • I stare at Quoth, following Tavi's eye. Dangerous yes I can tell she's dangerous now that Tavi mentions, her hand inches ever so slightly closer to her knife even here. Like she's ready for trouble. Yes I've seen her around 12th street station from time to time, trying to think back on anything I may have heard her say or do, who I've seen her with, who she likes, who she hates. Where she sleeps.

    I must know something about her, she's from my town, Everybody eats... Quoth...

    Tavi can probably be helping me with this if she likes.
  • Everybody eats... #DiceRoller( 2d6-1 )
  • (xp) 5 for an advance. Will choose shortly.
  • My reading comprehension on the whole mandiboar thread is so bad. Yeah, I want her camaraderie, and I'm offering ours. If she wants to join in on the drugs, great. If she wants to join in on what follows, greater, but at that point I should probably be using Seduce instead of Manipulate.
  • Tell me what you want to know, Nickel.
  • (Waiting to see if I'm helped, too, but)

    What or who does she love best?
  • (at -1, you don't want my help.)
  • Quoth loves the kill. And not just in the sense of actually ending the life of another creature (although that is absolutely included). It's that moment of pure dominance, when she is totally in control, and the victim is not, and she does whatever she wants. You probably know this from having seen her with lovers, and having heard stories of her hunting. She's the one who likes to do the precise kills on Kipper's team. And she's the one who does what she wants to her men or women, whether in her bed or theirs.
  • As I remember, I shudder and look away from Quoth, reaching to put my arm around Tavi's neck and bury my head against her. Now I remember, I have seen her before. I've seen her kill and love it. I don't want her to look at me.

    Tavi feels me shaking my head slightly and my relatively pleasant mood has evaporated.
  • It kind of annoys me that Crine had to schedule something so that I can't join the Menagerie in a free-for-all this evening, and I very seriously consider skipping the appointment. But a girl doesn't get repeat customers doing that, so I smoke just a little and maybe do some light dancing. It occurs to me that most of these hunters are also daylighters, and might know her, so I'll ask around about Abondo. "Anyone seen her? Is she okay?" I'll ask Quoth and Kipper and their mob too -- nicely, of course.
  • edited January 2011
    My head still pressed against her, peering about form time to time, I see Shade preparing to head off to her engagement (I'm sure it's come up) "Hey... hey Tavi, can't we walk Shade down to the deeps? She shouldn't walk alone at night right?"

    That is if Tavi hasn't got up by now to join the fun.

    I just want to get away from Quoth.
  • Nickel's sudden clinging certainly distracts me from Quoth.

    "Hey, what's the matter? She's usually okay."

    Reading Nickel again

    #DiceRoller(2d6+1)
  • Can I help her read me? Cause I would very much like her to understand my discomfort. Think I'm sending enough signals.
  • Totally, go for it.
  • Helping Tavi. #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )
  • edited January 2011
    Okay, so, Nickel, exactly what are you doing to help? Just looking soulfully at Tavi?

    Tavi, you get your question.
  • Kind of figure I have been helping her know how I feel leading up to the move, but really, I'm just softly tugging at her and obviously uncomfortable with Quoth. She knows I'm not used to so many people probably and there nearly was a fight earlier.

    I'm also whispering to myself, "Please let's just go..." not realizing I'm speaking aloud.
  • "What are you really feeling?"

    Is Shade getting ready to go then? Or is it going to be a bit?
  • edited January 2011
    I feel nervous being around Quoth, like she'll realize I was watching her. But she got me thinking about the violence earlier today. It was most of these same people present and it's making me think about what happened.

    EDIT: That was a little too extreme before, Nickel is uncomfortable but not like terrified. She's with Tavi after all.
Sign In or Register to comment.