[The Menagerie] Big Game Lodge Meetin' Time (Wi2.1, Sh2.1, Ta2.1, Ni2.1, Kr2.1, Ma2.2)

145791015

Comments

  • To let Wilson go. She can join or not, I don't care.
  • Kray:

    The rest of the Slicebits have lowered their weapons for the time being. They're still ready for a fight, and looking grim, but they're trickling towards the door now, their eyes on you the whole while. Bonaduce's already pushed her way out the door, and you can hear her calling. "What the fuck are you waiting for? Get the fuck out here, lardass!"

    Tavi:

    Quoth blinks at you. And then you see it. It's only a flash, only a moment, but you see it, and I'm sure you'll treasure it for all time.

    She's afraid of you.

    Then she's all composed, all proper business and death and torture.

    She lowers her blade from Wilson's neck, and then steps a few feet away from Wilson.

    "It was a matter of duty," she says. "Her man killed my superior. I was doing as you would have." She looks at Wilson, and the wound she carved into Wilson's face. For a moment, she looks like she's going to say something, and then she turns back to Tavi.

    "I will fight your man now. Duty. If I live, then we will see." She starts striding towards the door.

    Nickel:

    A hand clamps on your shoulder from behind.

    "We're getting the fuck outta here, kid," comes a voice from behind gritted teeth.

    Shade:

    (My sincere apologies here, I don't know how but somehow I thought you were on a holding pattern.)

    Jumpdunch catches the scarfsarong, and stares at it, a bit shocked for a moment. You can tell he desperately wants to just run it across his skin, right there and then. But then he's up and moving.

    "You got it, babe," he says. He throws you a smile and a wink. Then he's up and moving.

    Quoth lets go of Wilson, but he was already moving towards her. She's keeping her eyes on the door as she moves, and she's not paying attention to anything else. She's not expecting it at all when he grabs her from behind, wrapping his arms around her torso and lifting her up off the ground. The spike of bone protruding where his hand should be is pressed up against her arm, and you see its serrated edge begin to draw pinpricks of blood.

    "You were gonna hurt my woman's woman, you bitch," he snarls.

    Then he looks to you, Shade.

    "What do you want me to do with her?"

    Quoth is struggling against Jumpdunch's bear-like embrace.
  • Man:

    You're coming up to the Big Game Lodge, and as you are, you hear a gunshot from that direction. Probably not entirely abnormal for the Big Game Lodge, but probably not entirely normal, either.

    By the time you get there, you're already passing a fair number of people who have clearly left the place, and in a hurry. Some of them are watching the building, as if it might burst into flames at any moment. Others are just fleeing.

    Coming out of the door, you see Bonaduce, somewhat disheveled and not wearing as many clothes as normal. And really, really pissed.

    Do you know Bonaduce? How well?

    You hear her comment about "lardass", too.
  • edited February 2011
    Posted By: Brendan ConwayA hand clamps on your shoulder from behind.
    I jump from fright, totally shocked and already full of worry and adrenaline from the fight going on, from the glimpse of joy I experienced only moments before and the horror of knowing someone just died here in front of me and not knowing who.

    I'd forgotten all about the man at the door.

    Out of reflex I weakly cry out and go limp, hoping he'll just let go, sometimes strong people won't bother someone so weak. But then I remember, he's here for me and I don't know this man. I'm trying to fall out of his grasp and appear helpless as I reach for something sharp in my pockets. Maybe it's the blood in the air or something, I'd normally just give in to someone like this.

    I fumble for something with which to defend myself, most of my knives have been already lost throughout the day, but I find something, a broken jigsaw blade, sharpened and lashed to an insect-chitin handle. It tears at the lining of my jacket as I try to free it.

    I'm terrified of where he might be taking me, If he hasn't let go of me I'm swinging it wildly up at him in blind self-defense.

    "Nickel, don't! Why are you.... please... please just let me go."
  • edited February 2011
    I know Bonaduce. I was there when she lost her eye to a spider crab, when the swarm migrated into 12th Street Station from their nests in the Burrows. Many tunnels were undermined by the crabs' digging, and Bonaduce, Macintosh, and I were isolated by a collapse. Then there was fighting, and Bonaduce lost her eye. Macintosh died.

    Now Bonaduce and I drink together, sometimes, and she tells me about the visions she sees through her missing eye. She says I am more understanding about this than most.

    I reach the door, and I assess what lies beyond. I ask Bonaduce: "What happened?" ♂
  • I think I'll read the sitch as I peer into the lodge:

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • Note: I've slightly edited my above post. Didn't feel right. Still doesn't... Nickel doesn't know what to do.
  • edited February 2011
    Let's try:

    - Who's in control here?

    - Who is most dangerous to me?

    - Hm ... I guess just: What should I look out for?

    Oh, and that's xp (5), for some improvement or another.

    image image
  • Is the man grabbing Nickel making an effort to blend in with the other people filtering out, or will it be noticeable that she's being grabbed?
  • Oooh, wow. Choices, choices. "Thanks, Jump, but I think Kray can take it from here." I look at the blood trail on Wilson's face and don't know whether I'm freezing or on fire. "Let her go. If she survives Kray, then... 'we will see'."
  • I don't know yet if this is a gunfight or what. I have this nice shotgun, but who goes into a gunfight with only one weapon? Whatever Kipper had -- I'm taking it. Then I'm going outside to see how this is going to work.

    Yelling out to the Slicebits; Bonaduce in particular, "Alright -- so how're we going to die today?"
  • I had the same question re: Nickel

    I'm momentarily struck by Quoth's words. I suppose she's right.

    I consider Wilson and her bloody face.

    "Hey Cap. You okay?" I would offer her something to wipe her face with, but I seem to be a bit short of cloth at the moment.

    I turn and scan the place just as Jumpdunch grabs Quoth.
  • "Nothing a shower won't fix. I think Quoth and I could have settled this, but I appreciate your...exuberance. It's good to have you with us." I go for a hug, possibly forgetting I'm liable to bleed on Tavi.
  • edited February 2011
    Nickel:

    Go aggro, intent is to get him to let you go? That's what it sounds like to me.

    Man:
    Posted By: Michael Loy- Who's in control here?
    I'm not sure anyone is, really, but I'm going to say Kray, who you probably see striding towards the door behind Bonaduce, with a bunch of armed men following. He's in control because they all want to kill him, so where he goes, they go.
    Posted By: Michael Loy- Who is most dangerous to me?
    To you? Hmmm. Probably the Slicebits as a group, both in the sense of stray fire as they're taking down Kray, and in the sense of deciding that their anger concerns all of the Menagerie. Frankly, you, Tavi, and Kray are the three who are most likely to provoke a combative response from them, purely from your appearance and abilities, so keep that in mind.
    Posted By: Michael Loy- Hm ... I guess just: What should I look out for?
    Look out for getting involved. Yeah, there may be stray fire and it's going to be dangerous in the area while this fight is going on (and there clearly is going to be a fight), but as long as you don't get involved, stay out of it, you'll be fine. And probably Kray will be too. Maybe.


    Bonaduce glares at you with her one eye. "Get the fuck outta my way, Man," she says. "It's not your business. It's between that lardass and the Slicebits. You get involved, you get dead."

    She reaches a point about 20 feet out from the Big Game Lodge, and then turns around and waits for Kray and her men to emerge.

    Wilson:
    Posted By: Max BIs the man grabbing Nickel making an effort to blend in with the other people filtering out, or will it be noticeable that she's being grabbed?
    He's probably trying to blend in with the crowd and the general hubbub. But if Nickel screams and/or tries to stab him, that'll probably stand out. Regardless, if you want to notice, I'm fine with just saying you do.

    Shade:

    Jumpdunch lets Quoth go the instant you give him the word. Quoth's feet pad on the ground. For a moment, everyone watching catches the look she throws at Jumpdunch - his days are numbered - and then she's with the rest of the Slicebits, heading out to deal with Kray.

    Kray:

    As you loot Kipper's body, the other Slicebits' stares become ever more filled with hate, but they're willing to wait until they get outside to end you. You probably find a knife or two, nothing special, and an SMG. He may have bigger guns, but it doesn't look like he brought them tonight.

    When you get outside and bellow those words to Bonaduce, she grimly smiles. "We aren't going to die at all, fucktard. That's all you."

    The Slicebits are circling around you, Kray. Once the circle is closed, you're not sure if they're going to come one at a time, or if they're just going to attack all at once. You doing anything until they're ready?

    Tavi:

    Same answer that I gave Wilson.
  • Again I'm just swinging my blade without thinking, just crying out sounding something like an angry cat, not especially loud but the sound of my voice is definitely different than most of the other people around here.

    Go aggro #DiceRoller(2d6-2)
  • Can I get over there in time to help Nickel, or will I be arriving after she's failed the go aggro and making a separate move?
  • edited February 2011
    Go ahead and help, if you so desire, Wilson. I'm cool with that.

    ETA: Just make sure you actually say what you're doing. Racing over, grabbing the guy, whatever.
  • What does it look like the Slicebits are intending? If they're enclosing me in a circle, I assume they're not just going to open fire -- Polish firing-squad style, right? They must be getting ready to slice bits offa me, yeah? So I tuck Kipper's SMG into my belt.

    "I have to admit...you kids have heart. Any of you survive this and need a job afterwards, come see me -- we'll put something together."

    And then I start with Bonaduce -- I heft my ax, walk in her direction and hack her in half. Then I'll move left around the circle, taking time to do this right. I don't feel like I have to kill anyone, but I damn well have have to disable all of them. And I'm certainly not pulling my punches. I suppose that moving will get very difficult once they swarm me so I'll just try to maintain the ability to pivot.
  • The plan is to quickly filter through the crowd, and grab Nickel's hand. "There you are. I told you everything was going to be fine, didn't I?"
    Help Nickel:

    #DiceRoller( 2d6 )
  • edited February 2011
    I consider involving myself in Kray's fight. I decide not to. I do not think Kray is in serious danger, and all involved seem willing to resolve this amongst themselves. I assume that things will settle down soon, and I enter Big Game.

    [Aaaand so much for my read a sitch.]

    There is a man in the doorway. He seems to be in a confrontation with Wilson and that child, Nickle. I reach for him. He is wearing a vest of cured leather, and I hook fingers under it, at the back of the neck, pulling him to me. ♂
  • I think what I'm trying to do here is a seize by force, but maybe it's actually a go aggro. I'm not being subtle, though - if he's at all aware of his surroundings, he probably notices a Man open the door (people tend to notice Man).

    Regardless, roll+hard:

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+3 )

    And if you'd be interested in counting this as helping Nickle also, I'll roll for that. I'm 'helping', but maybe I'm not helping her with her specific go aggro. Apply the roll, or not. (It's likely to be a pretty bad roll.)

    #DiceRoller( 2d6-1 )
  • edited February 2011
    Gripping the back of his vest, I pull the man into me, pivot, and drive him face first into the frame of the door. Then I throw him out.

    I nod to Brackenberry and enter. ♂

    (If a seize, everything except taking definite hold. If going aggro ... I suppose I want to maul him a bit and send him on his way, or else he takes 1-harm from my hands.)

    image image
  • Well, that came out better than it could have. I walk over to Wilson, throw my arms around her, hug her close. "I'd have killed them all," I whisper in her ear, tears starting but not flowing. "I still might, unless you tell me not to. So don't tell me not to." I kiss the side of her face, her ear, the corner of her mouth. "I'll be with you when I'm finished with Crine. Try not to get killed in the meantime."

    "Jump? Shall we?" I take the scarfsarong, not taking it from him but leading him out with it. A polite nod to Man, and we step over the fellow she... he... what the? Anyway. That person Man just thumped.
  • We've got Wilson over trying to Help Nickel, not sure she's huggable at the moment.
  • It sounds to me like my roll failed, so I didn't make it in time, but Man did. If that's the case, I return the hug, and lock eyes with Shade long enough for her to be sure that I'm not telling her not to. "Like I said, take care of your business, and we'll catch up later." I squeeze her close, and then proceed over to Nickel.
  • Posted By: Max BI didn't make it in time, but Man did. If that's the case, I return the hug, and lock eyes with Shade long enough for her to be sure that I'm not telling her not to. "Like I said, take care of your business, and we'll catch up later." I squeeze her close, and then proceed over to Nickel.
    Oh yeah that makes sense, you had to get up and extract yourself from the throng of people. Maybe from down on the ground you got a glimpse of what was happening with me but just couldn't get there in time. Failed to get an opportunity to help rather than got there and failed in helping. That makes a lot of sense.
  • I'll hug Wilson back when she hugs me. Screw the blood. "I know you could have, but I couldn't let her carve up your face. We have enough ugly in the group already."

    I let go of her and head across the place to where Nickel is.

    I'll wait to respond until we know what happens with that dude that was grabbing her.
  • Kray:
    Posted By: Christopher Weeks
    And then I start with Bonaduce -- I heft my ax, walk in her direction and hack her in half. Then I'll move left around the circle, taking time to do this right. I don't feel like Ihave tokill anyone, but I damn well have have to disable all of them. And I'm certainly not pulling my punches. I suppose that moving will get very difficult once they swarm me so I'll just try to maintain the ability to pivot.
    First off, that's awesome.

    Second off, I'm going to interpret this as a seize by force, against them as a gang. I don't think their intent was all that honorable...maybe they would've done the one-at-a-time thing for a couple of them, but then they would've all tackled you. But you start moving first, before any of them stepped up to do the job. And as a result, they're all kind of taken by surprise, and immediately react by rushing in around you and trying to beat you down.

    Small gang, I said. They're probably using melee weapons like you, because they circled around you and I see them as being smart enough to know they're bad enough shots that they'd hit each other.

    Roll for the seize. I'm assuming what you're seizing here is something like "the situation". Or "dominance". You're seizing unequivocal control of who's won the fight. Something like that. Right?

    Nickel:

    You're stabbing up at the guy who's got his hand on you, but he catches your wrist with his other hand, and then he carries you bodily through the crowd towards a wall, where he beats your hand against the wall until you drop the knife.

    "None of that, now!" he says. He's got a firm grip on you, Nickel. He's wrapped one arm around your neck, and the other is pinning one of your arms around your back.

    That is, until he sees Wilson, pressing through the crowd, clearly trying to get to you. You think he recognizes her by the tone in his voice as he curses under his breath.

    "Fuck," he says. "You've got fuckin' friends now?"

    The hand that had been pinning your arm behind you releases you, and you think he's probably going for another weapon at his side. He's pulling you towards the door, then, when he spins at the sound of Man entering the place, clearly making a beeline for him.

    "Fuck!" He lifts the gun over your shoulder to point it at Man, opening fire as he approaches. The shots are painful as they sound in your ears. He's shooting through the people who are still trying to get out, aiming at Man. Many of them scream or drop flat, though you think he may catch one or two people with a bullet.

    Man:

    There you go, you got your seize by force, but I think it's probably a different situation than you expected. If you want to revise your options you may, and if you want to use a different weapon on him, you may as well. Right now, I was assuming you were using hand-to-hand for 1-harm. Inflict terrible harm would bring it up to 2. He's using a 2-harm pistol, which, against suffer little harm and your armor, would be down to -1 harm on your harm move. And he'd be impressed and awed and whatnot.

    That what you want?

    Tavi, Shade, and Wilson:

    I think that you were probably about done with your words and your hugging when the shots ring out from the guy, and it probably catches your attention. Although, Shade, if you want, it's perfectly fair to say that maybe you slipped out before the shots fired, so you're on your way to Crine's now.
  • edited February 2011
    If he wants to attack me, that's fine - it's an understandable reaction. But it doesn't really change what I'm doing. Grab him, smash him into something convenient, throw him out.

    If he's unarmored, maybe not the terrible harm. I'm assuming that he's got some kind of protection, since he's walking around armed.


    See below.
  • edited February 2011
    Posted By: Brendan Conway
    "None of that, now!" he says. He's got a firm grip on you, Nickel. He's wrapped one arm around your neck, and the other is pinning one of your arms around your back.
    "Ok ok ok I'm sorry.... ok... " is all I can plead at this moment, but then he drops me roughly to the ground. The sudden sound of the gunshots stings my ears... I hate guns so much, I'm not sure who he's shooting at through the people except he said something about friends.

    If the guy's not already down or... something by the time I can stand, I'm going to reach up and put my hands on his, pushing the gun upwards, "Ok.. ok I'll come with you.. please stop shooting... JUST STOP IT!" I plead at him, shouting through the noise and the hurt in my ears.

    I don't need anyone dying at the point of this gun, not for me.

    (I assume that would be manipulating but he may already be wounded or something as a result of Man's action)
Sign In or Register to comment.