[HoH] Rainbow Smiles - We don't need no singing badgers!

edited February 2011 in In-Game
The sound is the first thing you notice. You're just minding your own business, chewing on some sweet grass in the meadow, when your ears are... well, they're having a bad day. It sounds like a dozen tiny, angry voices being drowned in butterscotch. Yeah, imagine that for a minute. You look around for the source of the disruption and, after a few moments, you see movement coming in your direction. Badgers.

Not just any badgers, mind, Happy Dewdrop Badgers. Seven of them. Coming right at you. In some sort of dance line, walking on their back paws, one front paw on the shoulder of the badger in front of them, the other making a jazz-hands motion in the air. The front badger, Dandelion (Yeah, 'cause he's got a big yellow dandelion on his chest. Good guess.) sees you. He's clearly excited, and most likely going to lead the whole lot of them over here to talk to you, if you don't do something about it. Right now.

Comments

• Rainbow Smiles :) will prance over to the Happy Dewdrop Badgers, and trot in a circle around them.

"Hey! Hey badgers! What gives with the dancing?"
  • They stop dancing when you get there.

"Won't you join us, Rainbow Smiles?"
    "Hey, HEY, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "What are you doing Rainbow Smiles?"
    "It's a beautiful day, isn't it, Rainbow Smiles?"
    "We have nylon straps, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "We're going to make gumdrop bracelets, Rainbow Smiles!"

They all speak in a syrupy-sweet-singsong, all at once. The pattern of their speech is such that they all get to your name at the same time and it is sung in butterscotch harmony with jazz hands.

Except for one. "Hey look, a purple flower!" They turn to him as one, "Peeeeter!"
  • "Heck yes I want to dance!" Rainbow Smiles will start prancing around and rearing back and kicking his front legs in the air.
  • Are you trying to join the dance line, or are you just going to dance alongside them?
  • I am dancing alongside them! My horsie hooves are sparkling in the sunshine as I kick them around.
  • Are you looking to accomplish anything in particular, or do you just want to hang with the badgers for a bit?
  • I want us to have a fun time, laughing and dancing together!
  • After a few minutes of atonal butterscotch music and jazz hands:

"We've got to find some gumdrops, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "Come with us, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "You have pretty stars, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "Join the dance line, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "The gumdrops are this way, Rainbow Smiles!"
    "Maybe we could make one for you too, Rainbow Smiles!"
    Jazz hands
    "OH! Butterflies!"

... "Peeeter."

Then the dance line starts heading back the way you came. The rearmost badger pats his shoulder, "Come on!"
  • Rainbow Smiles will gently place his hooves on the badgers shoulders and conga off with them to the Gumdrop Garden.
  • Okay, now that? That is a Nuzzle roll, my man. Badgers are short, so if you don't want to step on Tulip the whole way down to Gumdrop Garden, you've got to roll for it. Rainbows/Nuzzle.

Unless, of course, you would rather just trample her. Then you can bust out your Stormclouds dice.
  • edited February 2011
    I am rolling Rainbows/Nuzzle!
  • #DiceRoller( 5d6 )
  • edited February 2011
    Wait, I understand the dice now.

#DiceRoller( 3d6 )
  • Oh, jeez, you would fail that roll.

You put your front hooves on Tulip's shoulders, ever so carefully. The dance line begins to make its way toward Gumdrop Gardens. You kick first one hoof, and then the other up in horsey equivalent of jazz hands. It's difficult, strenuous, even, to keep your weight all on your back legs like this, but you enjoy the dance. As you continue on, one of your hooves slips a little and you instinctively push your front hooves down to catch yourself.

Down on Tulip.

Down... through... Tulip.

Your right hoof was on her shoulder, left in the air, so it's not as bad as it could be, but she's not well. Your hoof seems to have cut into her. She's lying in front of you, a ragged tear in her pink fur runs from her right shoulder down across the stylized logo on her belly, to the crotch of her stubby rear legs. A thick liquidy substance, a darker purple-red color (maybe raspberry jelly?) has spilled out through the tear; you have a fair amount of it on your foot, in fact.

"...Rainbow... Smiles? Did... did we make it to Gumd...drop?"

The dance line doesn't seem to have noticed, and is slowly continuing on its way.
  • edited February 2011
    "Tulip, you look tired!" Rainbow Smiles whinnies. "And you've gotten awful messy! You're such a silly badger." Rainbow Smiles will nuzzles her and licks her clean.

"Yum! I love jam!" Rainbow Smiles will inspect the tear. "Looks like you have a tear in your fur, Tulip. Don't worry. This horsie fixes dollies in his spare time!" Rainbow Smiles pulls an extremely long needle with a black thread out of... somewhere.

Rainbows/Nuzzle
  • #DiceRoller( 3d6 )
  • Nice! That's a win. Your card - "Catch a strain of carousel music from somewhere nearby / 2".

You stitch Tulip up real good. It takes you a little while, and the dance line has moved off around a bend. As you work you find that you're feeling a little bit lightheaded and your vision is swimming a little bit. It's really rather fun.

But! Nevermind that, you're done. Tulip now has a long black line where you patched her back together. You can't help but think it looks sort of... badass.
  • "Not a bad sewing job if I do say so myself! Do you like it, Tulip?"
  • Tulip looks down at her torso, then back up at you. Her eyes are wide and sad. "Yes. Thank you, Rainbow Smiles." Her voice is lifeless. Less butterscotchy. "We should catch up with the others, but I don't feel like dancing anymore."
  • "You don't have to dance, Tulip! You can ride on my back!" says Rainbow Smiles, bending down for Tulip to get on.
  • Tulip climbs up with some difficulty - badgers haven't the inborn equestrian aptitude of little girls. A few minutes trot and you catch up with the danceline of Happy Dewdrop Badgers just as they arrive at Gumdrop Garden. The butterscotch tune ends with a climax confluence of "Gumdrop GAAAAAAArdens!" and a particularly vigorous group jazz handsing.

Dandelion: "Okay, everybody! Let's get those bracelets made! Nylon Straps!"
    "Straps!" And several score lengths of woven day-glow nylon are produced.
    "Glue!"
    "Glue!" And several bottles of some strong glue are produced.

The badgers begin happily fashioning bracelets by gluing gumdrops onto the straps of nylon. You are invited to join.
  • I cannot join, I have no hands! However, I will dance around the gumdrop bracelet making circle, singing a song, with Tulip still on my back unless she protests

"We'll make the gumdrop bracelets
    To show that we are friends
    Singing the gumdrop song
    Until the very end!"
  • After a time, Dandelion frowns at you, then gathers the others in a huddle. After a few moments of whispering, there is a decisive jazz-handsing, and they all run off in different directions. Except Dandelion, who casually turns back in your general direction and casually clasps his front paws behind his back and casually strolls around in a casually aimless way, while whistling a casual little tune.
  • edited February 2011
    "Wait where is everyone going? There is plenty more fun and smiles to be had!"
  • Dandelion: "What? Oh, nothing. Just... whistling." Big grin. Shifty eyes.
  • "Well I think *someone* is being a sneaky sneak."
  • Bret, would you like to try to prise Dandelion's secret from him with a Whinny/Rainbows roll?
  • Oh, sure. "Pretty pretty pretty please tell me?" Rainbow Smiles bats his long eyelashes.

#DiceRoller( 3d6 )
  • Dandelion busts into a huge grin. "OKAY!!!! We're making you a collar! The others are gathering bigger gumdrops and we have this!" He holds up a large, black circle of nylon. "We thought you'd like it." Big grin.
  • "Wow! This is going to be the prettiest collar in all of Happiland!"