Horsies of Happiland playtest discussion

edited February 2011 in Out-Of-Game
Hey all! I wanted start an out of game discussion for the current Horsies of Happiland playtest game. Any comments, questions or whatever you may have are invited. Peanut gallery comments are welcome too! The game's a little... off the hook, so don't be shy talking about it.

Comments

• I love the badgers. Also, my history with narrative-focused RPG's is mostly this game and several games of Apocalypse World here on Snail's Pace, so the mood is a little different here.
  • Hah! Yeah, I'd say it's a bit different.

Yeah, Happiland seems replete with badgers for some reason. It might say something about the inner workings of my mind, but I don't know what.
  • I just completely lost it over the "Horsies are bigger than faeries" threat.
  • edited February 2011
    "Glue!" And several bottles of some strong glue are produced.
    Do you know where glue comes from, boys and girls?
  • This game is completely demented.
  • So how terrible are we supposed to be? I've got this idea, but I don't want to cross anybody's lines.
  • Christopher - nice!
    Trevis - Thank you. Sincerely, thank you very much.
    Max - Good question! I suggest you use these guidelines for this particular game of HoH.
    - Remember that we're playing in public.
    - Focus on your version of the character, what he wants and what his attitudes are. Don't be vile just for the sake of being vile.
    - The game really requires vivid description for both good things and bad things. If you feel the need to draw a veil, it may be best to simply avoid that action.
    - When in doubt ask! Whisper me and/or the other players and we'll talk about it.
  • Good advice, thanks. I think Winddasher is more sinister than vile, so I'll go that route.
  • Man, I'm not sure if I should call for another Stormclouds roll in Max's current thread. What do you guys think?
  • I don't know how Sparkle works, so let me know, and we'll make it shine.
  • Let's get your scene moved a little bit first. Then SPARKLE!!!!!
  • There must be a lot of Jennifers around here. Can't say for sure, but I'd guess it's under 30.
  • Whoops! The little girl riding Rainbow Smiles is Jessica. My bad.