[Dungeon World] Diana the Ranger

Diana - the female, first-level, neutral, human, ranger with animal eyes (like a panther), a bald head, (mismatched) travelling clothes (and leather armor) and a lithe body

Listen, I can't get involved. I've got work to do. It's not that I like the Empire; I hate it -- but there's nothing I can do about it right now....Look, I can take you as far as Anchorhead...

Str:9 (=0) Dex:15 (+1) Con:13 (+1) Int:11 (=0) Wis:17 (+2) Cha:8 (-1)

HP: 10 / 16

base damge = d8

xp: 5 (Ovid parleyed me into parleying the Bakunawa, looting the temple, giving Sal her choice, attempting to shoot gargoyles, attempting to shoot gargoyles)

L1 = (aiding the donkey, tracking back to missing companions, discerning realities for Ovid, tracking the croc to it's lair, looting the croc lair, spouting lore about the short sword, discerning our tactical situation, discerning realities at the temple, spouting lore regarding a hair-brained scheme, spouting lore regarding skeletal abominations)

Moves:

When you aid an animal or spirit of the wild, gain XP.

When you Make Camp in a dungeon or city, you don’t need to consume a ration.

When you follow a trail of clues left behind by passing creatures, roll+Wis. On a hit, you follow the creature’s trail until there’s a significant change in its direction or mode of travel. On a 10+, you also choose 1:
• Gain an impression of the target as accurate as if you were able to observe them briefly from several yards away
• Determine what caused the trail to end

When you attack a defenseless or surprised enemy at range, you can choose to deal your damage or name your target and roll+Dex.
• Head – 10+: Maximum damage; 7-9: Next move against them is at +1.
• Arms – 10+: As 7-9, plus your damage; 7-9: The target deals -your level damage.
• Legs – 10+: As 7-9, plus your damage; 7-9: +1 to Defy Danger and Make a Saving Throw against them ongoing.

When you speak a command to your animal companion roll+Loyalty. On a hit, it does as you say and grants you the benefit of the Trick of your choice. On a 7-9, it also gives in to one of its natures.

My wild empathy means I can speak with and understand animals.

Gear: (load = 6)
hunter's bow - Near, Far, 1 Weight
bundle of arrows - 3 Ammo, 1 Weight
leather armor - 1 Armor, Worn, 1 Weight
knife - Hand, 1 Weight
Ancient Shortsword (Close, Precise, 8 Gold, 1 Weight)

Bonds :
• I have guided _Ovid_ before and they owe me for it.
• _Astrafel_ is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
• _Ovid_ has no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
• _Siggrun_ does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.

Elohiir the fighter: +1
Ovid the wizard: +3
Astrafel the bard: +1
Siggrun the Cleric: +1

Animal Companion:
Cougar named Tuk-Tuk
• Brave
• A skilled tracker. Trick: +1 forward to follow a trail.
• Loyalty +1
• Forager. Trick: Find 2 rations of food.
• Vicious. Nature: Kill

Diana -- as a member of The Wild Alliance, feels a lot of peer-pressure to go to the capital, bring down the evil overlords, and free the enslaved animals at the grand circus. But she knows she's not ready for that. Unlike the other dumb kids in her (recently classified terrorist) organization, she actually plans to do something useful with her life. So, she's left home with Tuk-Tuk to learn the ways of the world and perhaps gain allies for her climactic battle against The Man. It'll be a long and winding road...

Comments