- You're playing Apocalypse World but not necessarily after an apocalypse. And with the following modifications to the rules:
- There are no playbooks.
- There is no weird. Maybe.
- Each starting character has Cool, Hard, Hot and Sharp. Two of them are at =0, one's at +1 and the other's at -1.
- There might be other stats that not everyone has. Moves might summon those into existence. They start at -2.
- You mark experience and earn advances as in AW. Only, the number of bubbles you have to fill between levels is variable.
- You'll start the game having taken two advances beyond being a blank slate: For each of these, you'll add one or more bubbles to your advancement track.
- When you take an advancement, if it's +1 to a stat with a max +2, you'll add one bubble. If it's something else, you'll ask the table. Tell them what you're taking, ask for help revising the nature of the advance if you're unsure of anything. The other players will either tell you how many bubbles they think that's worth or tell you it breaks the game.
- If even one player thinks it's breaking the game, have a discussion; revise your advance until no one thinks that. Then mark a number of bubbles equal to the average of what your friends think, rounding up.
Does this have legs?