[Stars Without Number] Pitch

edited September 2011 in Pitch
I'd love to get a game of Stars Without Number going. I'm amazed by the flood of adventure ideas found in the system. Anyone looking to play?

Pitch summary

Stars Without Number. Great sandbox space RPG. Free pdf available here (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=86467)
Optimistic universe, think latest Star Trek movie rather than a dystopian future of evil
Number of players: 1-3
GM posting frequency: twice weekly
Game duration: I can GM for two months. If everyone is still having fun then, perhaps someone else could take over, and I would jump in as a player.
Sandbox style.

The intro

You are grad students, huddled into seats as your ship plummets.

Six hour earlier you'd run into unexpected paperwork before boarding: "The undersigned understands that landing on Tartarus is inherently hazardous and historically has 1 in 50 chance of a fatal crash..." Someone had taken a pen, crossed out the "50" and written "20" above.

"It's the most lethal atmosphere in the universe," the spike haired pilot had said. "It dissolves everything except rock. I could let a gallon of it loose in here, and it would kill you all, toast the station's life support, and then burn a hole out through the hull. Great stuff! I'm on my last run - they only let us take five. In two weeks I'll be rich."

The passenger area was small and every seat was filled. It had taken a large science grant to get seats for you. Two attractive management consultants chatted about past exotic vacations as the ship shook and fell; A squad of private security troopers, surrounded by ammunition, were silent, watching everyone out of habit. A dozen low class workers stared at their feet. The air smelled of rock grit.

You are coming to Tartarus to record and analyses an apparent alien tomb found deep under Tartarus's underground mining colony.

A loud impact shook the cabin.

"Uh, yeah. That was uh perfectly normal." said the pilot over the intercom.

Interest?

If you'd like to play, let me know:
1) Psi, Expert, Warrior or GM?
2) What's something you've seen that makes PBF games go well?

Otherwise, advice, comments, and discussion welcome.

Comments