New Features

edited October 2007 in Site Matters
I've just added two new extensions. I haven't used them much before, so I'm not sure of everything, but here's the deal:

Notify:
If you go into your account page, maybe, you can set up to get emails from certain threads, maybe? I'll post back with better instructions.

Tags:
With the number of games around that use multiple threads, the main page is getting kinda crazy. I like to browse that way, but it's getting a bit difficult to find things. I'm not sure that there's a way to clean up the main page, but Tags should make things easier to find. People who start threads (and anyone who wants them in old threads they've started) can add a descriptor to their discussion, which they can then search for. We should probably have some protocols for this. Use the name of the system you're using, like "Beast Hunters" or "In a Wicked Age", plus if you want to, a tag for your specific game. Make sure you use the same spelling between tags. Maybe it'd be cool to add other tags, like "playtest" and so on?

Sorry it's taken so long to get this done. I hope this works for people, and as always, don't hesitate to suggest changes, or complain about problems.

Comments

• Tags looks pretty good. I've set up all the IaWA threads with a shared tag. All you have to do is click on one of those tags to get the IaWA threads separated out. And there's the Recent Tags sidebar to make that even easier.
  • Thanks Simon, this should really help.