[IaWA - IG] The Mansion

edited November 2007 in In-Game
scene 1
Sigismund, Bergen

The old house, once a seat of nobility, has long been in ruins. The stone walls still stand, laid up with expert design and lasting strength, but the wooden beams supporting the roof and floors have mostly given way, fallen in and rotting in a jumble on the ground floor. The windows are open holes, the front door hangs off its frame (the others soft and swollen, sealing their portals). Laid open to the elements, stone shell is alive with wet, organic scents, the corners filled with dirt and fungus.

The place has an evil reputation, beginning with the untimely demise of the nobles that once lived there and continuing in the form of unsettling events, up to and including the present day. Bergen would not venture near, particularly in the night, but (as he walked home from the way house) he believes that he heard cries from the vicinity, and he now noses around the perimeter, looking for a sign of someone in distress.

Comments

  • edited November 2007
    Bergen, being a man of good heart, is drawn by what sounds like a man's cry of pain and surprise, is if a severe wound was suddenly inflicted. He is cautious in his approach, who knows what bandits or worse might be at work but he is not one to ignore the plight of another.
  • Grace (infuencing others) - Challenge if winning initial roll - Ilsa and your daughter murdered me!

    #DiceRoller( 1d4 )
    #DiceRoller( 1d10 )
  • He is cautious in his approach, who knows what bandits or worse might be at work but he is not one to ignore the plight of another.
    Bergen knows the reputation of this place, and he has heard and seen strange things here, before. Bandits, indeed, should be the least of his problems ... it is said that a devil dwells here, and he has seen indistinct horrors at these walls before.

    Good of heart though he might be, he searches the woods well before approaching the house, and what he finds (or fails to find) confirms his suspicions. His woodsman's eye reveals no sign at all of recent passage, so nothing natural could be within. Anything crying out is surely either beyond his help or attempting to lure him to his doom.

    #DiceRoller(1d10)
    #DiceRoller(1d8)
  • Being a Fur-Trapper

    #DiceRoller(1d10)
    #DiceRoller(1d8)
  • edited November 2007
    Give

    Despite the evidence of his eyes, Bergen considers that an innocent may have been borne into the mansion by some foul creature, and be in need of assistance. Too good of heart to pass by, he ventures in, muttering a prayer for protection from evil.
  • Coming through what once must have been a pleasant garden, flowers run wild to give what might make a pleasant rendezvous for lovers, he comes closer to the foundation where stones have given way and there is a sinkhole of a sort as the earth collapses into what was a cellar. Someone distracted and without a bright sun or at least goodly moon on clear night could easily not see this pit and its danger. Still no sign of the source of that cry.

    What is this he spies lying on the steeply sloped earth leading down into darkness? A glint of buttons, a hat? Why he's seen that hat before, that was the hat of the traveller who was all too interested in his precious girl, what was his name? Orn, something Orn. He left the area suddenly after hanging about too long, good riddance Bergen had thought. But his hat, buttons torn from a vest, and what is that deeper down - are those bones?

    Whispers he hears then, seeking to tell him something he does not want to hear, does not believe, of how a traveller was murdered by a treacherous innkeeper and the girl who works with her to lure such as he to his doom. Not alone are my remains here, not alone at all. How many travellers have gone on and never been seen again? If he does not block it out, he sees a vision of Ilsa walking Sigismund into this decaying bower, speaking of how Wanda wishes to meet him, he blind to the knife as she slips it from her apron and into his side in a swift move that is not the deed of one new to such moves, crying out and falling down into the very pit, his hat coming loose halfway down.

    If he hears these whispers of the dead and does not block out these visions, he will believe it so, that his daughter and Ilsa conspired to murder this man for his horse and what wealth he had with him.
  • Grace (infuencing others) - Challenge if winning initial roll - Ilsa and your daughter murdered me!

    #DiceRoller( 1d4 )
    #DiceRoller( 1d10 )
  • he will believe it so, that his daughter and Ilsa conspired to murder this man for his horse and what wealth he had with him.
    Memories of Wanda's kindness flood Bergen's memory. He can't believe she could do such a thing.
  • Wanda: Influencing Others (d8, d6) - Bergen knows his daughter did not do this.

    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Ilsa, Influencing Others

    #DiceRoller(1d10)
    #DiceRoller(1d6)

    Bergen, Asserting Self

    #DiceRoller(1d12)
    #DiceRoller(1d4)
  • Ilsa is a kind woman, foreign to such things, and - realizing this - Bergen is proof against devilish influence, his prayer coming more clearly to his lips as he backs away, fleeing the foul place.
  • Grace (infuencing others) - Challenge if winning initial roll - Bergen, Ilsa and your daughter murdered Sigismund.

    #DiceRoller( 1d4 )
    #DiceRoller( 1d10 )
  • Ilsa, Influencing Others

    #DiceRoller(1d10)
    #DiceRoller(1d6)

    Bergen, Asserting Self

    #DiceRoller(1d12)
    #DiceRoller(1d4 )
  • Freeing himself from the tangled innards of the tumbled-down mansion, Bergen breaks away into the trees, monstrous images dancing in his head. But he knows them for a lie, and - as he recovers - he dismisses them, taking away only evidence of the devils' powers of deceit.
  • Sigismund puts more effort into his challenge, if knowing Wanda's role is unclear, Ilsa's role is clearer and Bergen should see that without doubt.
    (striking self from owe list, now not one it at all)

    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    added to the 5 from above.
  • ^ This roll is invalid. Refer to OOG thread.
  • right you are, Sigismund was beaten and won't oppose Bergen leaving.
Sign In or Register to comment.