This is the out-of-character thread for the group playtesting The Scalopus Project
. (In-Character thread here
Thanks to UserClone, Niko, and LlamaNerds for joining me in the first-ever play of my game!
Please email me at gamesonthetable [at] gmail, and I'll send you the PDF of the game.
|== About the Game ==|
The game uses the Lady Blackbird system. Once you have the PDF, please
- familiarize yourself with the story and setting
- look through the 5 characters and decide who you'd like to be
One thing you'll notice is that I've created some Event cards
(last page of the PDF). Though you probably won't require these cards, I'm willing to test them. So, if you ever want to use one in the game, just say, "I'd like to use an Event card" and I'll randomly choose one. I had intended them as aids for people who may not be accustomed to story games. But who knows? Maybe they're also fun for experienced story gamers. That's why we're playtesting.
|== What I Want From You ==|
I'm trusting you to play this game as well as it can be played.
As we go, please provide feedback
about the game. If you think of something that might help to improve it, let me know in this thread, or by email. Things I'm particularly interested in are:
- Are the characters balanced?
- Are the characters interesting and fun to play?
- Are there any Traits, Keys, or Secrets that tend to go unused? What would be good replacements?
- Do you like the Event cards?
- Is there any information missing that should be included in the PDF?
- Does the story work for you? Would you change anything? Would you add anything?
Please try to post at least once per day
so we can get through this at a good pace.
|== What You Get From Me ==|
1. Hopefully a fun roleplaying experience.
2. Playtester credits in the final PDF.
|== My Content Requests ==|
In our game, please avoid any content that is
- sexual, or
- mentally disturbing.
I like a clean, creative game.
(Sorry for the long post. I'll post the link to the IC thread when I have it. Once you've read this, please post to check in.)