[AW] Winona - The Hoarder

edited June 2012 in Out-Of-Game
Name:
Winona "Napoleon" Rockefeller Morgan-Chase

Look:
Winona "Napoleon" Rockefeller Morgan-Chase (of the Dunbar Morgan-Chases, naturally) is a fabulous woman. She wears decaying luxe armored sexy scroungewear (think one of those armored corsets the book goes on about, but it's seen better days, it's a little threadbare, and all the original silver hardware has been replaced with whatever she can find, but isn't it still just lovely? Also, a tulle-y petticoat type skirt when inside (and a longer embellished one for pretecting her slinky body outside) and some tall, brown leather boots that are simply divine.) Out in the dust, once-colorful scarves cover all but her hungry eyes, but in appropriate confines, they're removed to reveal an eager face.

Stats:
Winona mostly avoids trouble. She's better than most at sneaking, talking, or thinking her way out of it, and she's simply too strange for a lot of people to mess with. If physical violence is called for, she's probably in over her head.
Cool+1 Hard-2 Hot+1 Sharp+3 Weird+2

Hx:
Ambrose =0
If I could wrap him up and take him home with me, that would be divine. He has everything a man needs, except me. We'd be simply fabulous together.
Amiette - Hx -1 + Rich (+1) = 0
Bones - Hx +1 + Poor (-1) = 0
Grekkor +1
We've fought shoulder to shoulder, and I could have learned much about the man, if I had bothered. His ideas are high-minded, but his clothes are so...common.
Never - Hx =0 + Poor (-1) = -1

Moves:
Acquisitive eye: when you see, hear about, or otherwise come to know of a thing you want, roll+weird. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7–9, ask 2:
• How can I make this mine?
• Who will stand in my way?
• Will my hoard accept it?
• Who will try to take it from me once it’s mine?
• What is this truly worth?
On a miss, your face and body language betray your interest in the thing to anyone who’s paying attention.

Sticky fingers: when you give someone a gift, roll +Weird. On a 10+, it comes back to you within a week. On a 7-9, it comes back to you eventually, with strings attached. On a miss, you can never own it again.

Gear:
Shabby armored corset (1-armor)

Hoard:
The hoard is a trove of things that probably stopped being luxe well before the golden age was actually over, but don't tell Winona. She'll hear nothing of the sort. To her, everything it spits forth, whether it's a shabby dress that was a little too gaudy even in its day, a dog-eared copy of "Fun with Dick and Jane," or a faded collection of naughty linotypes, is the highest example of the delightful excess of the golden age.
The hoard is in a weird cave that you'd swear is different every time you go in. Above the entrance hangs a sign that says "Napoleon's" in small incandescent marquee lights, not that there's anything to power them.
The hoard contains:
pretty things
fetish objects, art & mementos
clothing

The hoard is:
Meticulous (same condition instead of perfect condition, since nothing in the hoard is perfect to begin with.)
Beautiful

XP: [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Improvement:
__ get +1 weird (max weird+3)
_x get +1 sharp (max sharp+3)
_x get +1 sharp (max sharp+3)
__ get +1 cool (max cool+2)
__ get +1 hot (max hot+2)
__ get a new hoarder move
__ get a new hoarder move
__ add an option to your hoard
__ get a move from another playbook
__ get a move from another playbook
The ungiven future:
__ get +1 to any stat (max stat+3)
__ retire your character (to safety)
__ create a second character to play
__ change your character to a new type
__ choose 3 basic moves and advance them.
__ advance the other 4 basic moves.

Comments

• A cave is just fine. Lots of them after the quakes. We'll start off in a stable place.

Got a picture in mind for her?
  • I'm looking for one. Think maybe Helena Bonham Carter running a circus that nobody else can see.
  • I'm taking +1 Sharp for my first advance.
  • I'm taking +1 Sharp for my second advance.