[AW] Amiette - The Hocus

edited June 2012 in Out-Of-Game

Amiette

Woman, dead eyes, pale face, slight body, High formal wear (wedding dresses with veils, always white, though often yellowing, or greying, and dirty)

Pale skin, with pale blue/grey eyes and pale blonde hair. Amiette is not an albino, but gives the impression of being faded and colorless, especially since she wears near-white clothing nearly all the time. She sometimes punches it up with smears of black soot, or, well, no one asks what the red stuff is. They just count their freinds, family and children and sigh in relief. She's a slight, delicate-looking woman, Maybe 5'3" You know those lizards who use their neck frills to appear bigger? Maybe that's what the big dresses are about.

She's definitely odd, almost relentlessly cheerful, except for moments where she stops, stares into space and looks terribly sad. She's prone to making strange observations and saying cryptic things to people at odd moments in the conversation. She apparently has no filter and very little sense of appropriate boundaries. Calls the maelstrom "the smoke."

Stats: Cool +1, Hard +2, Hot +1, Sharp 0, Weird +3

Moves:

Basic Moves.

Fortunes: fortune, surplus and want all depend on your followers. At the beginning of the session, roll+fortune. On a 10+, your followers have surplus. On a 7–9, they have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, they are in want. If their surplus lists barter, like 1-barter or 2-barter, that’s your personal share.

Charismatic: Use weird to manipulate

Seeing Souls:To help or hinder, roll+ weird instead of +Hx

Casual Brain Receptivity: When you read someone, roll+wierd instead of roll+sharp. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don't have to interact.

Deep Brain Scan: When you have time and physical intimacy with someone -- mutual intimacy like holding them in your arms, or 1-sided intimacy like they're restrained to a table--you can read them more deeply than normal. Roll + weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. While you're reading them, spend your hold to ask their player questions, 1 for 1.
  • what was your character's lowest moment?
  • for what does your character crave forgiveness and of whom?
  • what are your characters secret pains?
  • in what ways are your characters mind and soul vulnerable?
On a miss, you inflict 1 harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

In-Brain Puppet Strings: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone, mutual or one-sided, you can plant a command inside their mind. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9 hold 1. At your will, not matter the circumstances you can spend your hold 1 for 1:
  • inflict one harm (ap)
  • they take -1 right now
If they fulfill your command, that counts for all your remaining hold. On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

Direct-brain whisper projection: you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro, without going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don't have to interact. If your victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).

Healing Touch

Hocus Special If you and another character have sex, you each hold 1. Either of you can spend your hold any time to help or interfere with the other, at a distance or despite any barriers that would normally prevent it.

Brainer Special: If you and another character have sex, you automatically do a deep brain scan on them, whether you have the move or not. Roll+weird as normal. However the MC chooses which questions the other character's player answers.

Gear:
Hidden knives (2-harm, hand, infinite)
Violation Glove
Pain wave projector
oddments worth 5-barter.
Wedding dresses as mentioned above, with veils. A very tough corset (1-armor. Posture is important!)

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Images.

Kind of going for a miss havisham/zombie bride sort of look. Something between this

Link to original artist

and this

more images.
    Good hair/face/neck.

good eyes

If someone were to play Ami, it would be Amanda Seyfried. Here's a couple of very quick and dirty photo manipulations.

• edited November 2012
    Hx with folks

Ambrose: (+1) Ah, when the poet sleeps. All his secrets does he keep? Did you know that I was there? What fascinating underwear! (updated end of session 3, rollover)

Bones: (+1) A hard and brittle name for someone so soft. Your stuggles with your gift are fascinating and beautiful. I've been watching you secretly for some time. (Reset end of session 4)

Grekkor: (+3) He thinks I'm the prettiest! (updated for end of session 2)

Alonzo: (+1)

Winter: (+2)
  • edited February 2013
    xp:

+1 in scene 1.1, reading Bones.
    +1 in scene 1.1, Opening Brain
    +1 in scene 1.1, reading Lala
    +1 in scene 1.1, reading Bones again...
    +1 in scene 1.2, reading Lala
    -----> Advance: In-Brain puppet strings.
    +1 in scene 1.2, sex move, deep brain scan on lala.
    +1 in scene 1.2, reading Corbett
    +1 in scene 1.2, interfering with brain strings on Corbett
    +1 in scene 1.3, reading Winona
    +1 in scene 1.4, opening Brain
    -----> Advance: Direct brain whisper projection.
    +1 in scene 1.5, reading Harridan
    +1 in scene 2.1, reading Joe's Girl
    +1 in scene 2.1, deep brain scan, Grekkor
    +1 in scene 2.1, cutting strings, Grekkor
    +1 in scene 3.6, seducing Roark
    -----> Advance: Move from another book: Deep Insights +1 weird.
    +1 from rolling Hx over with Ambrose, end of session 3
    +1 in scene 4.1, reading Ba
    +1 in scene 4.2, acting under fire to reach Ba.
    +1 in scene 4.2, cutting Ba's strings
    +1 in scene 4.2, reading Melody
    ----->Advance: Move from another book: Healing Touch
    +1 to find Bones 4.3
    +1 to open brain in clearing 4.4
    +1 to read Logic 4.4
    +1 to read Stripes 4.5
    +1 to read Bones 4.5
    -----> Advance: +1 Cool
    +1 to read Scourge 4.5
    +1 to AUF from thoughts of Ambrose 4.5
    +1 Hx reset on Bones for session 4
    +1 Loveletter roll 5.0
    +1 reading logic 5.0
    -----> Advance: +1 Hard
    +1 sex with Logic 5.0
    +1 reading Chigger 5.0
    +1 Avoiding Trundlerock's punch 5.0
    +1 Stringing Trundlerock 5.0
    +1 Reading One Thumb 5.0
    -----> Advance: Advanced Moves:Read a person, Seduce/Manipulate, Open my Brain
    +1 reading Raven 5.0
    +1 Stringing Raven 5.0
    +1 reading Logic
    +1 reading Manx 5.1
    +1 reading Jin 5.1
    -----> Advance: +1 Hard
    +1 Direct Brain Whisper Jin 5.1
    +1 Reading Wolf 5.2
    +1 Deep brain scan
    +1 manipulating Winter.
    +1 mainpulating G-string
    -----> Advance: Change playbook: Hocus
    +1 manipulate Winter 7.0
    +1 manipulate Winter 7.1
    +1 manipulate (Charisma) 8.0
    +1 healing touch on Easton 8.1
    +1 Augury 8.1
    -----> Advance:
  • edited January 2013
    Followers:

(choices are provisional at the moment.)

Current profile:

10 followers (outside of PC's)

Fortune +1
    Surplus: 0-barter, +augury, + insight
    Want: judgement

By default you have around 20 followers, loyal to you but not fanatical. They have their own lives apart from you, integrated in the local population (fortune+1 surplus: 1-barter want: desertion).

Your followers, taken as a body, constitute a powerful psychic antenna.
    Surplus: +augury.

Your followers are rigorous and argumentative. Surplus: +insight.

Your followers aren’t really yours, more like you’re theirs. Want: judgment
    instead of want: desertion.

You have few followers, 10 or fewer. Surplus: -1barter.
  • Posted by: orklordAmiette

You're a freaky looking thing, aren't you? Do you like to provoke or is this something just off about you?

What does everyone in the hold think about you generally?
    Looks at you blankly, then down at herself, smoothing the dress as if checking for a stain. A new stain. Looks back up, cocking her head.

"You don' think I'm pretty?

Sighs.

"Well for goodness sake, you didn't have to say so. Now if someone gives me a dog, I'll have no choice but to name it "Frustration." That just isn't fair. Poor dog."

"The others, most of them, seem to think I'm going to get in their head or hurt them somehow, as if I spend all my time just obsessed with every pedestrian thought that crosses their little minds. (high voice ) "Oh no, now she knows I want to fuck her!" (sigh ) As if that weren't obvious. As if I like all the noise in the smoke. That's rather unkind, don't you think? At least they can turn it off. People think such funny things. It's not like I'm mean to anyone. I just "give them the creeps." The creeps! I've never even had any creeps, and I if I had I certainly wouldn't give them way so freely."
  • Posted by: orklord Amiette

Who was the first person you rode into death? That you fell into while they were going. What happened?
    It was Mama. When I had seen the fear and hatred she had for me I tried so hard to make up for it. I became... perfect. As perfect as a little girl can be. I thought maybe if I could be exactly what Mama wanted, showed her how good I was, she wouldn't hate me or be afraid of me anymore. She had gotten so cranky too. Always asking me strange questions with a fearful look in her eye, like I should know the answers, or that she was afraid I knew them. But I didn't. Okay, I knew about her being special freinds with Mr. Corbett, but that was because he kept thinking about... them.

She didn't touch me anymore though. And I couldn't tell if anything had changed or, what else I could do to make her love me again. Finally when I was 12 I decided I would risk finding out. So I snuck into her room and touched her like I did before, falling into her. But something went wrong. I remember the screams, the noise getting so loud, the smoke in my throat, the confusion, like the first time I lost myself in the smoke. I did feel it though, anger, fear, guilt, which got more an more hysterical until I blacked out.

I woke up on the floor, a trail of blood from my nose had crusted on my cheek. When I looked at her, Mama had her eyes open and empty. I remember looking across her into the big piece of mirror that she had and seeing that my eyes looked the same.

(Scene 1.1)
  • Added some new pics.
  • It's sickening, the pure rush it gives you, the power and the complete abandon of taking him like this. Heal 1 Harm. You quickly snip the strings with trained accuracy, its too easy now, you know how Harridan works. You know how he does it, you even know how you could do it better. Take +1 Forward on Stringing Puppets.
  • edited February 2013
    I''m thinking of the following people as followers for Amiette:

Sable (Wolf's pack)
    Raven (ex-Red House hooker)
    Logic (sorceror?)
    Corbett (hardholder adviser)
    Chin (ex-Red House hooker)
    Fleece (shepherd)
    Trundlerock (ganger)
    Roark (hold worker)
    Whisper (former follower of Never)
    Spurlock (Gray)
    Jin (Wolf's pack) (didn't count against your ten)