[MH] Nula the Werewolf

red
edited July 2012 in Out-Of-Game

The Werewolf

Nula Volkov

Nula is the new girl in school, having moved in with her grandpa over the summer. She is bright and friendly and occasionally strangely naive, but there is also a sadness in her eyes that never seems to go away.

Hot =1, Cold +1, Volatile -1, Dark +1

Moves

Howl at the Moon
When bathed in moonlight, add 2 to your Dark stat.

Heightened Senses
When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. Whenever you first act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your roll. • On a 7-9, ask one:
• Where’s my best escape route or way in?
• Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
• What’s their secret weakness?
• What poses the biggest threat to me?
• Who’s in control here?

Their Word
People can steal your Selkie pelt, but never destroy it. When someone withholds your pelt and demands you do something for them before they’ll give it back, carry 1 forward to doing that. If they don’t return your pelt, take a String on them.

Ocean’s Breath
When you feel homesick, roll with cold. On a 10 up, choose one:
• the ocean brings forth something that it thinks will make you feel better
• the ocean takes away something that it thinks is bothering you.
On a 7-9, choose one of those options above, but the ocean doesn't understand the human world very well and causes serious or unexplainable damage in the process.

Siren Song
When you’re soaking wet, you can sing a haunting song and roll with cold. On a 10 up, all who hear it stumble entranced toward you, though a character that takes harm will stop suddenly and gain the Condition dazed. On a 7-9, all who hear it stumble entranced toward you until they would face harm or physical danger, and then they choose:
• press forward and take the harm,
• or stop suddenly and gain the Condition dazed.

Salt
Whenever your tears mix with water, roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose someone you want to see. They show up, with or without reason. On a 7-9 they still do, but they have the Condition drained and they bring trouble with them.

Darkest Self

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them.

Comments

• red
    edited July 2012

Some More Details

There is a story that the selkies use as a grave warning for their young. It is a story of a selkie who yearned for the surface world until she finally left her watery home, shed her seal skin, and set foot on the ground. When a young man fell in love with the beautiful selkie woman, she foolishly told him what she was. In return, he stole her pelt, taking away her ability to return to the sea that called to her. She bore him a child, who she loved dearly, but she could not ignore the call of the sea, and she was never truly happy. So years later when she stumbled upon her hidden pelt, she was overcome with longing to return to her selkie family. She abandoned her human one, returning to the ocean, only to realize that she could never return to her human husband and child. She was forever cursed to be torn between two worlds, belonging to neither. She became a shadow of her former self, fading quietly like a ghost, until she died.

Except, for Nula, it was more than just a story. That selkie was her grandmother, and while it frightened the rest of the young selkies, Nula couldn’t stop wondering about the surface world. What had called so strongly to her grandmother and would her own curiosity about the surface fade away like the others said it would?

When the waves whispered to her that her grandmother’s human child still lived, she followed them to the harbor of (insert town name here). The waves told her how the child, now an old man, often came down to the shore to watch the waves. She waited with the waves until she saw him, tall and sad. He looked longingly at the sea as she looked longingly at the surface.

A year went by before the surface coaxed her from the sea to to follow her grandmother’s doomed footsteps. When the old man came to the shore one summer morning, he was greeted by a girl, a young, haunting version of his lost mother, wrapped in tangled hair and seaweed.

He took Nula home, listened to her story and his mother’s story, silent trembling tears dripping off his wrinkled cheeks. His name was Dominic Volkov. He lived alone, his wife had died years ago. His children and grandchildren had moved far away. He agreed to let Nula live with him, for as long as she wanted. He enrolled her in school and tried to explain the mysteries of his world as she tried to explain the mysteries of hers.

Nula is bright and curious, eager to learn about this new world and the people who live in it. The sea calls plaintively to her and at times the homesickness is almost more than she can bear. But she is determined to see for herself what exists outside the ocean and to comfort a lonely old man who has suffered enough at the hand of the sea. She is excited for school to start, to learn and to meet new people. Although she hasn’t totally disregarded the warning in her grandmother’s story. She is keeping her true identity a secret (except for Dominic of course), calling Dominic her grandpa (as he insisted) and adopting his last name to appear as his granddaughter.
  • red
    edited February 2013
    XP: [x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [>]

Advancement

__ Take another Werewolf move.
    __ Take another Werewolf move.
    __ Take a move from another Skin.
    __ Take a move from another Skin.
    __ You belong to a Wolf Pack.
    __ Add 1 to Hot (max 3).
    __ Add 1 to Cold (max 3).
    __ Add 1 to Volatile (max 3).
    __ Add 1 to Dark (max 3).

Season Advances:
    x Change your character’s Skin.
    __ Rewrite your Sex Move.
    __ Rewrite your Darkest Self.
    __ Retire your character and start a new one.
    __ Gain 2 of the Growing Up moves.
  • red
    edited May 2013

Strings

Teddy: 5
    Nyx: 2
    Holly: 0

2 Strings on Dominic (Nula 1.1)(Nula 2.2)
    1 String on Jarrod (Nula 2.6)
    1 String on Ashley (Nula 3.2)
    1 String on Dierdre
  • red
    edited May 2013

Conditions

Terrified (Nu. 2.1.1)
    Full of Herself (Nu. 2.6)
    Drained (Nu.2.6)
    Terrified (Nu. 3.3)
  • edited October 2012
    bump

(I was looking for you, and you'd drifted off the front page.)

-edit-

And then I remember that I have links to all the other PCs in my own character sheet thread.
  • Alright. Got my xp all figured out. I should've taken 2 more advances. So I took +1 Hot and the Selkie move Salt.
  • red
    edited February 2013
    For my next advance, I'm going to officially change my skin to Werewolf!

MC, I think I'll probably lose Outer Skin and Their Word, right? Anything else?
  • Exciting! What moves are you taking?
  • I took Howl at the Moon and Heightened Senses!
  • You would loose outer skin I think. But I don't know about Their Word. I could see keeping it, still being attached to the pelt itself. So it's up to you on that. Everything else is good, though you're going to be an odd werewolf.
  • Yeah I think it'd be interesting to keep Their Word. She would definitely be attached to her pelt still. And yes, she is going to be such an odd werewolf. I am so excited. :)
  • Nula: Season 2