Let's Talk!

edited February 2008 in Audience
I started this audience thread because I wanted to say that the responses so far have been amazing. Arrows which turn into plant-creatures? That's chilling.

Comments

• I like the idea of just play with no safety net.

For PbP games I'm starting to realize that everyone needs to have strong powers of Content Authority.
    Something like Universalis.

Yet this open format does almost the same thing. Basically saying, we trust you so much we don't need rules. Just play.
  • Posted By: rugrsi
    For PbP games I'm starting to realize that everyone needs to have strong powers of Content Authority.
    That's an interesting observation. I think I agree, although I'm pretty sure the right game could prove us both wrong.

Usually I'm pretty suspicious of "freeform" play, which is part of why I started this experiment. Oddly, I'm liking it so far, but I think the drawbacks might start to become more obvious later in the game. We'll see, I guess.
  • I'd usually recommend setting a theme and genre at the start of something like this, to prevent the next post being about robot-eating space monkeys or suchlike, but I'm happy with deliberately not doing that for now. I guess the PBP-style of it makes it easier to trust one another to not miss or contradict already-established facts, and to be a bit more respectful of other peoples ownership of the story. But we'll see!
  • Vince, click on the above Universalis link and see what you think of those pbp rules.
  • I love this game. Play more everyone!
  • Take that Simon! In your FACE!