Charisma: 16 (+2)

Max HP: 18
Current HP: 15
Base damage: d8
Load: 17

Alignment: Neutral
Species: Halfling

Level: 2

A bit about me: Bug was born a street rat, the son of a cutpurse and a traveling merchant. Bug's mom was the cutpurse, Bug's dad was the merchant. Bug's never known his dad, but he hears he's a swell fellow. Bug's mom is still around, but they're not beat buddies or anything. Its his mom, so nobody better mess with her. But they don't exactly see eye to eye, since he's watched her piss away their savings over and over trying to be a "legitimate businesswoman" or somesuch, then she blows it on a risky investment or some new tariff or a bigger guild rubs her out. So he's taken on his own, made some friends who go out exploring.

Bug likes shiny things and he likes sneaking places without people seeing and taking their shiny things. He's got a peculiar sense of ownership and really doesn't want things like wealth or fame. He likes challenges, doing things nobody else could do or proving himself when the odds are against him. Bug likes spending money on friends to show that he likes them, because that's what money's for, spending. Any money you hold either makes yo a target for a better thief or a target for some big guild or Imperial to come bully you.

While Bug does steal alot of things. He often gives them back when he's done with them.

• edited February 2013

Halfling Species Move
    When you attack with a ranged weapon, deal +2 damage.

Trap Expert
    When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.
    *On a 10+, hold 3.
    *On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions:
    • Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?

Tricks of the Trade
    When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll+DEX.
    * On a 10+, you do it, no problem.
    * On a 7–9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between suspicion, danger, or cost.

When you attack a surprised or defenseless enemy with a melee weapon, you can choose to deal your damage or roll+DEX.
    * On a 10+ choose two.
    * On a 7–9 choose one.
    • You don’t get into melee with them
    • You deal your damage+1d6
    • You create an advantage, +1 forward to you or an ally acting on it
    • Reduce their armor by 1 until they repair it

Flexible Morals
    When someone tries to detect your alignment you can tell them any alignment you like.

You’ve mastered the care and use of a poison. Choose a poison from the list below; that poison is no longer dangerous for you to use. You also start with three uses of the poison you choose. Whenever you have time to gather materials and a safe place to brew you can make three uses of the poison you choose for free. Note that some poisons are applied, meaning you have to carefully apply it to the target or something they eat or drink. Touch poisons just need to touch the target, they can even be used on the blade of a weapon.
    • Oil of Tagit (applied): The target falls into a light sleep
    • Bloodweed (touch): The target deals -1d4 damage ongoing until cured
    • Goldenroot (applied): The target treats the next creature they see as a trusted ally, until proved otherwise
    • Serpent’s Tears (touch): Anyone dealing damage to the target rolls twice and takes the better result.

Advanced Moves:

When you’re outnumbered, you have +1 armor.
  • edited June 2013
    Experience Points
    (X) (X) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

(11 Total Earned)
    1.2 - missed H&S on goblin
    1.2 - missed DD from burning goblin
    1.2 - missed H&S on goblin
    1.2 - missed Discerning Realities on goblin corpse
    End of session XP (3 from questions, 1 from alignment, 1 from resolving bond with Brandon)
    1.3 - missed H&S on ghoul
    1.3 - missed Con roll to defend comrades

Tiernon (nitrosyncretic ) has my back when things go wrong.
    Brandon (Tiger) and Bucan know incriminating details about me.
    Brandon is in constant danger. I will keep him safe.
    This thingy I have here is totally mine!
    Brandon and I have a con running.

Tiernon: 1
    Brandon: 2
    Bucan: 1

Load is 9+Str.
    One dungeon rations (4 uses, 1 weight)
    Leather armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
    Adventuring gear (1 weight)
    3 uses of Serpent's Tears (my chosen poison)
    10 coins

Dagger (Hand, 1 weight) and short sword (Close, 1 weight)

Ranged Weapon:
    3 throwing knives (Hand, 1 weight)
  • Which poison is it you've mastered?
  • I like Serpent's Tears quite a bit.
  • I'd go for the "Tiernon has your back bond." As a hedge wizard, there was a time when Tiernon had dealings with Bug and may have helped him out of a scrape -- maybe rescuing him from a village and getting into trouble himself with the villagers for it.
  • Don't forget gear. And please write down your racial move, so I don't forget.
  • Done and done.
  • Oh, sorry. You can't actually take the bond, "I stole something from Tiernon, Brandon and Bucan."

Bonds do have to be one-person. I figure you can sort out which one you most importantly stole something from by way of that thingy you have.
  • Fixed. I stole something from Bucan.
  • Okay, my intention was that, since you didn't seem to have a definite pick on who to have stolen from (in particular), the weird bond with "this thingy" would be a placeholder. So, you'd be able to sort that out in play, at which point you resolve that bond and turn it into the "stole from so-and-so" bond. (And get a free xp, to boot, since that special bond was set to resolve immediately, rather than at end of session.)

If you definitely want to pick Bucan, then I think ditch the thingy and sort out if that's something you stole from Bucan in the past, or if you still have it, that kind of thing.
  • Oh well... now I understand. Let me erase the stolen bond and keep the thingy.
  • edited February 2013
    When Bug levels up to 2nd level, he:
    * raises his Charisma by one point
    * gains the Advanced Move of
    When you’re outnumbered, you have +1 armor.
  • I'd like to resolve my bond of
    Brandon and I have a con running

since we're dungeon delving and that doesn't seem like it will ever see play.
    If that's ok, then 1 XP for me and then I add:

Brandon is in constant danger. I will keep him safe.
  • I wanted to mention, but kept forgetting. You picked a bow for gear, and you picked that over, I think, a set of 3 throwing knives. You haven't used the bow yet, but you did attempt to throw a dagger a little bit ago ... would you like to hand wave and trade for the throwing knives?
  • Oh, we'll, I wasn't sure what I got while escaping the goblins. I'll take the daggers, sure.