[BPRD] Table Talk Mission Three

edited December 2012 in Out-Of-Game
Please use this thread to discuss mission three (or talk Out of Character).

Comments

• Posted By: TwopointzeroShould there be a new table talk? I have a couple of questions:

* should there be new highlights?

* I was asked what Joe tells the group. Does this mean of the detail expressly mentioned ("a string of murders of visitors in Canyon de Chelly")? Or is this asking me to provide some further elaboratio like "I pass around the photos of the three college students killed while hiking in the canyon that I had sent to the BPRD from the Navajo Nation Police"?

* more of a comment: the scene setup looks like it utilized my mentor move automatically.
  • edited December 2012
    Yes. Please. New highlights. Penelope, you do mine.
  • Dr. Eaton, please highlight Tough.
  • Joe, please highlight Penny.
  • edited December 2012
    Penny, please highlight weird.

Blake, please highlight Joe.
  • Norwood, I was thinking Joe only has the bare facts, so the question was more - does he color it or give the details as is

It did trigger your mentor move, but go ahead and roll it to get more details, since I barely gave you much to go on.
  • From what I can tell Chinle Muni is the closest airport. About 14 miles west. But there's also Window Rock to the south and Shanostee to the East (around 30 miles each). Sure, they're small.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinle_Municipal_Airport
  • Oh, well, your searching skills surpass mine! Cool, then Farmington to Chinnle Muni!
  • "... is my presence going to be a problem for your organization?"

I somehow skipped over this. I guess Joe was preoccupied. I'd say from our histories that there is a begrudging acceptance that your an exceptional kind of ghost.
  • Blake and Joe still need highlights from players. Then I will do highlights.
  • Joe highlight tough.

Penny, highlight Blake
  • Blake, let's see you be Charming. :)
  • Blake, highlight Cool
    Dr. Eaton, highlight Cool
    Joe, highlight Sharp
    Penny, please highlight Charm
  • Tough
    Cool
    ... You people hate me.
  • That's a fair point.
    Dr Eaton, highlight Sharp.
  • edited December 2012
    Well, I wouldn't necessarily have minded fucking up everything for everybody with (A) tons of collateral damage and (B) well-meaning but worse-than-useless "help".

But sure, okay. Sharp. And collateral damage.
  • These new monsters are kind of terrifying already. Just please don't make them mountain lions. :)
  • THEY ARE SUPER MOUNTAIN LIONS!

rowr
  • Nightmares. Gee thanks.
  • DON'T LOOK KELSEY!

Super Mountain Lion PIC
  • IT'S A TRAP!

For real, I don't even know what to do with myself right now. That is adorable.
  • edited December 2012
    Back in the other mission, I asked if - like this game's manipulate move - the read a person move should only work on people (unless you have a move like Dark Negotiator that lets you manipulate monsters). You said that was right, MC.

Penny's been reading a monster right here, though. Her Telepathy move doesn't cover monsters, it's still limited to people.
  • Erk, you're right. I'm sorry I flipped on that, that's not cool. I apologize for that!

OK, I feel like a do-over is too far gone. What's the best way to fix this? Give me a pass for this one and the no Reading monsters sticks? hat way Dark Negotiator isn't a gimped move. I think that's probably it. Thoughts?

Orrr... we could make Kelsey record herself singing Christmas carols and email it to each of us!

(sorry)
  • Oh boy. I can promise you that me singing would make things much, much worse. Hahaha.

Yeah sorry about that. I should have been more clear when I asked Rich why I was asking.
  • Well, I don't really care. You could even choose to view Read a Person as a more natural extension of Investigate a Mystery, not Manipulate Somebody, in which case, having it apply to humans and monsters equally would be fine. That just depends on how you think that sort of thing should work in this game. I don't think that would hurt Dark Negotiator in any way, since it didn't cover reading monsters in the first place ... that's a whole other thing for this game.

And there's no need to fix anything. I just wanted to call it out for the sake of consistency.
  • The new thread is untagged, Rich.
  • Thanks, Michael. I'd tagged it the night before when I started the thread, but then it timed out and I didn't check it the tags were lost. Fixed now.
  • I miss this game!!
  • Why have we stalled out? Should we end scene with Penny's revelation and you guys talk out of character to figure out where to go next?