[The Island] Inside Relay [Rh 4.5] [Ga 4.7] [Pi 4.6]

245

Comments

  • edited December 2012
    Diving forward, between where they were standing when you attacked, puts you either head-first into a workbench or up on top of it, totally exposed. So I assume you're either diving right or diving left. Either seems reasonable, it depends which of the two guards you want to be exposed to -- the one that just got knocked backwards or the other. So let me know. Anyway, there's shit all over the place here and while you do get clear of the gal's fire, you've slammed your knee into something really hard. Your lower leg goes all numb for a few seconds (which might be through the end of the combat) but then it starts to ache. You'll need to see how bad it is later.

    Who's doing what? What these two guards are doing depends in part on which way Rhyme dived -- though the gal is thrown back and will either stay down or take a sec getting up, depending on how bad it is.
  • [Gabe]

    Gabe stands there, hands at his sides like he's shocked, a non-combatant. His right hand is near his stun-gun, but he' waiting to see for a way to help Rhyme, whether by drawing fire or healing him.
  • edited December 2012
    Gabe, keep in the game. I'm okay for now, but Merry's down and bleedin'. Mark xp if you go after her.
  • edited December 2012
    So, I'm fine with rollin' up onto the workbench. I mean, the fire I'm avoiding is random fire as the girl goes down, right? She just took a burst of fire from an assault rifle at point blank range, she's not going to be tracking me for at least a second, I don't care how good her armor is. So I just need t' get clear, and up there on the bench is behind her natural arc of fire. Prob'ly I jam my knee on the edge of the bench as I went up.

    That does leave me exposed, though. And I see Merry, from here, not good. But the brother with the gun there, I'm sort of behind him for at least half a second, so I reach for him, I hook my right arm 'round his neck, and I grab at his gun with my free hand, tryin' to control the gunfire. The idea is I get him in a partial facelock, disarm him or force the gun off in a useless direction, and haul him right back and up off his feet.

    That'll wrench his neck hard, and from there I can switch to a stranglehold, use him as a shield, even expose his throat for a knife if I have to, though I'm trying real hard not to kill anybody. It's hella difficult when they got all this armor.

    So, it's reflex: hook, grab for th' gun, drag.
  • Seize by force, I'm thinkin':

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+3 )

    There might be a +1 to that roll from readin' the sitch. Your call whether that adds in or not.

    Also, I'm hopin' you'll be real nice and say he can't bring his gun around this fast while we're all close up an intimate like this. I'm inside his gun's range tags, after all.
  • edited December 2012
    So, I'm dealing like 1-harm with my hands, wrenching his neck and all that. He's got armor on, though, so even inflicting terrible harm prob'ly won't do nothin', so skip that. I'll take the other three options. These two are fucking impressed and frightened, I take little harm (plus my 1-armor from my jacket), and I take definite hold of this guy.

    Y'think that last part would let me get his gun away from him? If so, I might use that free hand to get out my knife and make some threats. Or does this guy have a knife or pistol, any kinda backup weapon?
  • Right, Rhyme, you're on the workbench, you've grabbed this guy. He's fighting back but he clearly can't use his weapon to shoot you, though he could either shoot outward at other people or maybe use it as a club against you. I'm not sure that you're taking the time to do a thorough inventory -- he's got shit strapped to him all over, but you're sure at the least that he's got a pistol holstered. Only, he's pretty frightened. Even trained and experienced, he doesn't normally see people fight like you've been. He's shouting and struggling, trying to get away from you. His partner isn't going to be particularly impressed, dismayed or frightened because you've seized this fella, though -- she's not aware enough of you just now to be. You are pretty occupied now, grappling with this guard. If you let a hand go, he's going to exploit that.

    What now?

    Gabe, in addition to all the stuff that you're observing right here, you can hear loud noises above, up the stairs. You might note that MB had an arrow aimed down the room toward Rhyme but has turned around and is aiming up the stairs.

    What now, to you too?
  • [Gabe]

    Gabe had hoped that, well, this fight wouldn't happen. But it is presently happening and he just saw Merry get shot and Rhyme is playing pattycake with a dude with a bunch of guns. This is a rotten development, if only Rhyme had let Gabe talk to them! But no, he had to go and insert his authority and cause trouble. For a flicker of a second, Gabe considers just healing Merry. I mean, Healing Touch means touching and touching Merry is always nice. But it would be more like quickly groping and praying, which is inefficient and unsatisfying. Plus, there's this whole, other girl with an assault rifle who will jack us all up if Gabe plays grab-ass and doesn't help.

    So yeah, Gabe flicks out his stun-gun and he'll go for the heavily armored girl. This is most likely going to suck. He just hopes it sucks for her, not for him. Any help from Rhyme would be rather awesome.
  • [Gabe]
    Seizing the female guard's consciousness by Force?
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • [Gabe]

    Let's have Gabe suffer little harm annnnd take definite hold of it.
  • Gotta make this quick. I get the stranglehold and throw out a leg in order to flip this thing and get him belly down on the workbench, me on top. If it's a good hold, he's unconscious in less'n a dozen seconds. Or maybe Gabe turns around and give him a shock before then, but either way.

    Since I have definite hold of him, this is probably going aggro, trying to knock him out:

    #DiceRoller( 2d6+3 )

    I threaten just 1-harm I think, but since I've got him in a stranglehold at this point, that should probably avoid his armor.
  • OK, Gabe you're sprinting down to the shot woman and can close that distance pretty quickly, but not instantly. So she's also starting to recover, getting her feet under her and bringing her rifle up toward Rhyme around the time you get there.

    At the same time, Rhyme's wrestling with the man, who is struggling, but was also successfully seized. He's certainly in a position that his armor can be ignored, as noted. And he's tempted to just give in, but he knows that his support should be here any second and he just needs to keep you occupied long enough for the broader engagement to start up. So he's risking himself and just sucking up the 1AP harm, gasping and struggling for breath, trying to keep you from cutting of circulation to his head.

    And it's then that Gabe's gotten into position behind and to the side of the woman and is applying the bare metal electrodes of the stun-gun to her jaw. She's only aware of you at the last second and tries to fend you off using the but of her rifle as a club, but it's too late. You've zapped her and she's down and you've avoided harm. But Gabe, the world is swimming and everything is tinted a bit green. I'm going to need you to roll to act under fire if you want to stay coherent.

    And finally, and I almost feel bad about this, but the guy Rhyme's wrestling with still has his rifle in an awkward grasp and watched you, Gabe, take his sister out. He's unloading the rest of his clip in your direction. His aim is for shit, given the treatment that Rhyme's giving him, but still, spray of bullets. Please make another roll to avoid this fire.
  • [Gabe]

    AUF to stay coherent:
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )

    AUF vs. guard's shots:
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )

    (any help would be appreciated)
  • [Gabe]

    Looks like Gabe is coherent, but hit by bullets.
  • Well, I can help. Though, really? I've seized hold of this guy, chosen definite hold, and he can still unload a clip into Gabe? Plus, I've got him on his belly on the work bench, head pointed away from the room. How does he even see what's going on?

    Help: #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • edited January 2013
    So the last fifteen or whatever bullets go scattering off into the side of the room. It makes a hell of a racket and off, far enough from you guys that it doesn't matter, there are explosions of concrete chips flying through the air as the bullets penetrate the building's foundation wall. Gabe, you can see Rhyme pulling and leaning on the shooter, jerking him this way and that to foul his shots. That process has caused him to loosen his degree of control over the guard's body and that might grow into a whole new problem. But hey, between the guy's inability to aim, Rhyme's help and your jumping back out of the way (even if it means falling on your ass) you avoid taking any rounds! But shit, you landed right onto your med kit, crushing it badly. You don't have time to investigate right now, of course, but mark off two stock, OK?
  • [Gabe]

    Gabe scrambles up to stand after the guard-lady clocked him. He shakes his head, still woozy, "Thanks, Rhyme." He heads over to Merry immediately, checking her out. She took some hits, right? If he has a second, he'll lay some hands on her, she's a much more important fighter than he is right now.
  • [Gabe]

    Healing Touch on Merry (if allowed)
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+1 )
  • [Gabe]

    Acting Under Fire from Merry's brain (if needed)
    #DiceRoller( 2d6+2 )
  • Gabe, you're rushing across the room to Merry. Whatever's happening behind you, that's behind you. Rhyme can take care of himself, yeah? When you get there, she's lying in a pool of blood, panting, her eyes look funny. But you can tell it's not so bad, really. Describe to us what it's like as you deftly reach into the maelstrom and heal her up. (I recall that you had a specific description of what that's like, but the only thing I could find is what it's like when you open your brain...)
  • edited January 2013
    I just spend my last hold to take this guy and "kill, disable or disarm them (MC’s choice)". I think I'm probably by now positioned to just finish what I've started and disable him, but if I have to break his neck or something, or if I'm for some reason only able to disarm him, that's your call.
  • edited January 2013
    [Gabe]

    Gabe sees the blood and he stumbles over, forgetting his own pain. He drops to his knees beside her, digging through his kit and talking the whole time, "Oh Merry, you were so beautiful just now. You know, I'm not much for the fighting and the shooting, but you, you're a vision, a dancer. We're going to fix you up now, it's going to be okay, don't worry." He stops to look to make sure and yes, there is just a little to be salvaged, the kit is almost trashed. This was the Vet's kit, the bag, the stimpacks, the whole thing, nearly ruined. He slides his head under the strap and lays it aside, then gently works Merry over to lie on her back, assessing the injuries.

    With a soft caress, Gabe puts his right hand on one of Merry's and places it on her flat belly, her center. He takes his left hand and looks down at her with an encouraging smile and strokes her cheek, moving his hand past to cradle her head. Then he closes his eyes and says to her while he pulls on the maelstrom, "C'mon, Merry, you're going to be alright. You can pull through this and make yourself better, I'll guide you. I know your heart and you are beautiful inside and out. Come back to us now, good and strong, we need you. I need you to help me find my sister. It's okay, Merry, the pain will flow away, just concentrate on me and push it out, find my voice and pull yourself out of this hurt, baby."
  • ( It's a little late, but all told you did good, so still mark xp, Gabe. )
  • To expand, when I'm spending that hold, I'm thinking in terms of I have him in this stranglehold, and he's resisting it somewhat, but I'm point toward that as reasoning for overcoming his resistance and putting him to sleep, rather than killing him here and now.

    And as long as he's out somehow, I'll roll off and check the woman (check if she's dead, unconscious, or just stunned).
  • Rhyme, good thing you're indomitable, you could feel him slipping around under you, moving more than you'd like, but you manage to cut his circulation down to a trickle and he goes out like a light. As you climb off him, thinking of his partner, you realize that he won't stay out long. Even now, blood's flowing into his brain again. You want to do something more permanent? He's totally at your mercy. So I'll let you decide what you want to do regarding these two.

    Gabe, you watch the hole in Merry's shoulder seal up as you do your thing. Or maybe you're not paying attention right as it seals up but you look back after the fact and there's just this puckered red circle of a scar. "You been needing Merry to find your sister?"

    The fighting on the stairs will start in earnest now, but I have to figure out who's where.
  • edited January 2013
    [Gabe]

    Gabe can't help himself, he's so overjoyed to see Merry and hear her talking after far too long silent that he brushes a stray hair out of her face, then bends down to give her a solid kiss. It is more a kiss of joy than lust, but he lingers a bit after, whispering, "Welcome back, Merry. Yes, my sister Pandora. Can you, uhm, stand now?" He'll try to help her up, looking around to assess the threats.
  • edited January 2013
    Well, I'm rolling off of him, and like I said, I'm making sure the woman is down for the moment. And I'm snatching their pistols and sending those sliding off across the floor toward that fenced area I passed earlier, and also I'm just grabbing their assault rifles.

    While I'm doing that, I see Merry's up, so I'm going, "Gabe! Give these two a chillstab, something that'll keep 'em down! Fraze, grab Cassa and get over here! Find Pandora!"

    And I'm running past, back toward the stairs. Really my idea's to open negotiations, 'specially now we have some hostages. Right now, maybe a burst suppressive fire up the open stairwell will stave off a firefight for a few seconds? You'll have to say what's going on.
  • edited January 2013
    [Gabe]

    Gabe finishes helping Merry up, noticing that she smells nice. But Rhyme's yelling and so he looks up, "I'm running low, man, need to save that for, you know, hurt people." He heads over with the stun-gun, "Should I zap them both?"
  • edited January 2013
    "If that'll do it!"

    Though, I thought we had decided that the stock was not damaged? But hey, electrocute them or whatever, you're the doctor. All I can do is punch them or shoot them.
  • (Gabe, I thought we decided your kit was safe too. Or at least that's how it should have turned out, though you didn't answer earlier when we were talking about it in the OOC thread. That OK? You're welcome to zap them instead, save your meds.)

    Merry is fine; a little shaken, but she accepts your help getting her up, Gabe. But sadly, she loses interest in you and starts frowning up at the stairway where the gunfire is erupting. But that's OK, you're heading over to the end of the room anyway, right?

    Rhyme, as you secure their weapons, you note that the guy you deprived of consciousness had his pistol sort of in hand when he passed out. You can even manage to get the pistols under the fence and into a position that would be difficult to access (without keys).

    As the two of you sort of exchange places, Fraze is attempting to draw Cassa back and away but she's got this automatic pistol out and she's just fired off five or six rounds up the steps. MB took a shot too and a guy, dressed like the two guards that were down here (and the folks that took Pandora -- did you see them Gabe? I suppose you must have but I haven't gone back to check yet) is wounded on the steps, the others have withdrawn for the moment, but it won't last.
Sign In or Register to comment.