[MH] So, about that body you wanted... [Nx 3.4]

edited January 2013 in In-Game
Teddy leaves your little hidey-hole there Nyx. And Aubrey's leaning against your side.

"I wish you two wouldn't fight." she says, quietly.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    [Nyx]

"Yeah... me too." I sit with her, quiet and calm. The adrenaline spent sparring with Teddy draining. I hold her and nuzzle her cheek, feeling close and trying to feel the passion we shared. So many other concerns get in the way of true feelings and I don't want to let them fade.

"What will you do," I ask between soft kisses, "when you live again? Will you be you?"
  • She shifts into your arms, and kisses you back.

After you ask your question: "I think so. Sort of. I mean, can I really be me without my own body? But I would be mostly me I guess. That's... that's better than nothing, right? So... um... what do you think?"
  • [Nyx]

I close my arms around Aubrey, smelling her hair and enjoying the touch of her soft skin on my cheek.

"Does this mean I'm going to be dating Jen Ronconi? How do we explain that? You'll be in her body right? You won't be able to go back to your place... live your life... her family is being destroyed by what happened, her mom is full of hate. Maybe if Jen woke up... even if she's a little different... it might be better for everyone."

Everyone except Jen... I try not to think about it.

"But I'll be here for you, I'll be the one who knows, who understands. I'm here for you, I promised."
  • "I don't know any of that. God... I don't know if I can stand it. But what choice is there? My body is dead. If I try to get back into it... I don't know. I'll be some kind of zombie I guess." Her eyes start welling up. "I want to be me, but I want to be alive too." She pulls back and looks at you. "What would you do?"
  • edited January 2013
    [Nyx]

I think about it, leaning back against the stones, arms around her as we lean there together. Finally I disentangle myself and stand up to walk around the place... I extend a hand to her to crawl down to the forest floor outside. I hear the birds calling and I want us to hear them, for her to hear them and feel the wind... can she feel it? I think she can.

Once we're out there on the soft mossy ground near the stream I look off into the distance, letting my ears hear the sound of the water over the rocks. I smile a warm and caring smile at her and gently say, "if... I found myself in an impossible situation..." I walk with her, slowly along the bank of the stream, "I would need to make the best of it, make something good of it. Make it worthwhile Aubrey. You don't need to be human to be you, to be alive like everyone else. I met you like this, learned to care about you like this, love you like this! I don't think that taking Jen's body is... what you could call wrong, it's gray... if you make good of it then it's good. If you take her place to live again then make it a great life that you... and that Jen would be proud to live. If you choose to remain here... then that's your choice and I'm here for you. I know..."

My mind races, what am I saying? I've never had to bare my heart to a girl like this, I hope my meaning comes out as i intend.

"I love the Aubrey that I met in these woods, I accept you for what you are and I don't need anything more... but your life isn't mine Aubrey unless you give it to me. I will help you any way I can and I hope... I'm a part of it."

Maybe she can tell, I hope she stays... what, a ghost? Am I being selfish? Do I want her for myself?

I want to tell her to stay but... it's not for me to choose. Is it?
  • She's looking at you, looking a little watery again. "You love me? Really?" She leans in and gives you a soft kiss.

"I love you, too. I promise we'll be together, no matter what. Together forever."

She looks down at the stream.

"But... what do I do if I stay out here? I can't see my friends or family. I can't go to college, or... or get married or have kids. I don't... I just want to do the normal stuff, you know." She looks up. "I don't think I can stay like this. At least with a body I could do those things. Should... should I try to get back in my own body or get into Jen's?"
  • [Nyx]

I kiss her, warming when she makes me a promise I didn't even ask for. It glows in my chest and I feel warm and light.

"Only you know what your magic can do, Aubrey... Myrii has kept your body safe but I don't think you'll be really... alive that way. If you want to live I think... uh... you may need to borrow Jen... uh..." It's impossible, the words coming out of our mouths and it's hard to believe I'm saying this, "but you need to be prepared for a new life. I don't think you'll be Aubrey any more... to anyone but me. I don't know if you can even tell Teddy about this... she might not understand."
  • edited January 2013
    Her face falls

"Really? You don't think so?" She shuffles. "The thing is, I can't really do magic like this. It's taking magic just to keep me together, I can feel the magic dissipating off that ring." She looks up. "I need people to do the ritual. You could, but it would be easier, um, less likely to go wrong, with more. Is there.... is there anyone else you would trust?"
  • [Nyx]

I see her disappointment. I stop and face her, looking into her eyes, "hey... hey don't be down Aubrey. How many people get to choose their fate like this? This is amazing! If you think about it."

I think though, who do I trust?

"Guess maybe Teddy is someone we both trust, but I don't know what she'll think of this... maybe..." I think even Nula might help, she's not human right? I won't need to explain too much, but it's not like she likes me or how she would feel about interfering with Jen.

Oddly, Holly doesn't even occur to me. She seems too pure to involve in something like this. She's too human.

"I have someone else I might be able to ask."
  • She shakes her head at your attempt to put a positive spin on things, her face doesn't get any brighter. I mean the option she wants seems to be off the table.

But she looks up when you say you have someone else you can ask.

"Really? Who? We need to know soon, Nyx, and I need my book."
  • [Nyx]

"Where is your book?" I hate to see her look so disappointed... I melt a little bit and suggest, "Look.. Aubrey if you want to try to get back in your own body then let's do it. It's yours right? Nobody knows you're dead... if it works out you can go home."

"I can go ask for help and... try and get your book."
  • "I don't know yet. I dont' think we'll get more than one shot... but either way I need help and the book. "

She sighs.

"It's in my bedroom in the nightstand. It was my grandmothers, and it has a false bottom in the cabinet part. That's where I keep it. My parents keep a key in one of those fake rocks in the garden. The third one from the end.... should I go with you?"
  • [Nyx]

"No, no Aubrey you stay safe and out of sight. I don't know what will happen if someone sees you," and I'm worried about Teddy, the promise burns in my chest like a knife... my promise to Nula... "I'll get it and be back soon as I can. I may... need to stop and ask for some help..."

Sometimes I wish I kept my phone working.

I kiss her and head back into town again. Again. This time to Aubrey's house.

Is Nula's on the way? Or Teddys house? Or.... there's too many places I need to be. Focus Nyx.

Get the book. The rest is up to luck.