[Ashen Snow] Two Hits [Gr 7.3] [Ami 7.3]

edited January 2013 in In-Game
Grekkor,

Its early morning when a couple things happen. First, Chack and Fuse come running in and split up. Chack is heading to the bleachers and waking up some of the old Pryers. Fuse is dashing up towards you. He bows low, follows forms just barely and waits for permission to speak. He has blood under his left eye and he's breathing hard.

Second, Amiette walks into the Gym from inside the hold. She sees you and Wolf.

Amiette,

You enter The Gym, it is maybe 5 AM. Grekkor and Wolf are both there, impatiently waiting. There seems to be a bit of excitement, not your fault, you think, as one young Pryer is waking up several of his fellows.

What do you do?

Comments

  • I go to Grekkor and Wolf, paying little attention to the Pryers.

    I bow, slightly.

    "Good morning Mr. Wolf, Mr. Grekkor. I apologize for your considerable wait, I was only just informed you were seeking for me. How may I be of service?"
  • RusRus
    edited January 2013
    [Grekkor][3pm][4xp]

    Amiette's eyes suddenly unsettle Grekkor.
    This has never been an issue for him, and yet, now-- they seem so dangerous; merciless?
    How is she capable of mercy when those eyes say only death. Why did he not notice this before? What has Alonzo done to him.

    He, despite himself, takes her arrival as a bad omen.
    "It's Bones. Harridan has her mind."
  • Wolf rouses, his eyes are bloodshot, he didn't sleep, he looks worn. So does Sable, but less so.

    With a rough voice, Wolf adds, "I don't know how, but she wrote us a note that said 'Help. Tell W. Strings. Jin plus me.' She'd handed it to one of the pack. I went in to check on Emmy and she yelled at me not to touch her. That's when I knew."

    Grekkor, Chack has woken up about a dozen Pryers and they're arming up, throwing on some piecemeal armor, too.
  • [Grekkor]
    "Amiette, when you're done, bring Bones here, to the baths. It is safe here. Wolf, unless you need my help, excuse me."
    He moves over to Chack. Happy to distance from Amiette.
    He clamps a hand on Chack's shoulder. Gearing up for battle, just what he needed to clear his mind.
    "Chack, report. What can I do to help."
  • Grekkor,

    Fuse follows you over when you address Chack. Chack is sliding a pair of beat-up pre-fall shoulder pads that he restrung with leather thongs by hand last year and straps on his thump-stick and bows (with correct form), "Norvell offered jingle for the Bondservant's safe return. We went to ShantyTown and asked their guard where she was. He said she just finished sucking his cock. I demanded he, uhm, shut his filthy mouth. He said I should go eat my own... he cursed back at me. So I hit him. Then Omie saw another one of them and they came in and started fighting, too. 'Zona told me to come get more Pryers, teach them a lesson!"

    Amiette,

    Wolf relieved to see you, but not happy. He's not your buggest fan, it seems, "Come with me, ma'am, I'll drive ya to where Emmy is." He leads you out of The Gym where the redheaded Mac is waiting in their dune buggy. Evidently Sable called ahead and he just pulled round. Wolf takes the front seat and you and Sable are in the back. You get the feeling these three have been sitting vigil all night, waiting for some way to help Emmy. Sable, while tired, is sitting right next to you, her body language is not hostile, but she does seem a little guarded around you, unsure, maybe a little worried.

    What do you do?
  • Grekkor,

    Go here.
  • It's like going numb, really, when Grekkor says it. And beyond that he seems rather put off with me. What have I done now? Usually he seems fascinated, almost worshipful. But he has been spending time with Alonzo, who is, I think, not a fan of mine since I challenged him.

    I turn to Wolf for the explanation and get it. I feel cold and the blood seems to actually drain out of my face. And... angry too? Yes... angry. Harridan has gone too far. I follow Wolf out. I think of Winter. In order to cut Emmy's strings and save her I will have to withdraw my protection from Winter.

    I get into the buggy.

    "Mr. Wolf... Emmy and Jin cannot see me or know I am coming. If Harridan is watching through them he will try to kill them or use them. And last night I did what I could to protect Miss Winter's mind from invasion, which I will have to withdraw... is that plan still intact?"
  • Wolf is evidently talking to someone on his radio, he ignores your question and then you're riding in the buggy, which is loud. Sable leans close enough to talk without being easily overheard and answers, "The plan to meet Harridan tomorrow is not going to happen. Harridan strung two of the pack, he violated the contract first. I think Winter will be safe enough now. Emmy is more important, right? I mean, you don't love Winter, do you?"
  • I look at Sable. If they are not going, then Winter isn't going? She wouldn't try on her own, would she? I'm not sure.

    "I love Emmy, of course she is more important." I pause. "You are abandoning us I take it?"
  • Sable flicks a glance to Wolf, then quirks a frown, "It's still under discussion. This development put a wrinkle in plans. But that's what he wants to do, just pull up and go." Outside, you see the dune buggy is zipping along, making a bee line for an abandoned and ruined church, the steeple appears under the headlights.

    Sable finally gives you a solid look, she's not much on eye contact with anyone, "Emmy wanted us all to stay here. I'm not much for planting roots. I hear you've been here awhile. How do they? Well, how do they treat people who are different?"
  • edited January 2013
    I raise an eyebrow.

    "I've lived in the Element all my life. That is not an easy question to answer. Taken as a whole, it depends on the difference you are talking about I suppose. Different like Emmy, well enough. They even sort of venerate her, really. Not that she would let any of them be close to her. Different like the Pryers... they respect them. Different like me... well..." I look down. "Even if I did not have the history I do, my understanding is 'brainers' aren't well thought of in most places. Even your Alpha, there, who comes from an especially tolerant community I understand, doesn't think well of me. People are afraid, you see."

    I look over to her again.

    "Or did you mean different in some other way?"
  • Mac slows down a bit and starts easing the buggy through some rough patches of asphalt. Wolf's talking to him. Sable scootches in closer, throws an arm around you, all pals-like, but its so she can whisper in your ear, "Wolf doesn't hate Brainers. He doesn't think anyone is good enough for Emmy. So, its more like he doesn't approve of you."

    She sounds like she was trying to encourage you, maybe? Then she continues, "Me? I'm scared of you, I'm scared of anyone who can see who I really am instead of who I choose to be. And yeah, I meant different in some other way. But in my experience, my different is closer to yours than Emmy or the Pryers. At least you have magic powers, though, right?"
  • Mac is driving the dune buggy right up on that old church. Off to the left of the road, you can see the hold clearly in the light, it is nearly dawn. The earth is slowly starting to warm, it is going to be a muggy day. Sable seems to think her magic powers comment was rhetorical and starts to ease her arm from around you, sitting back up. Do you say anything to her?

    You see three people near the church's side door when you drive up. One of them, a dark-haired woman in khaki shorts, probably Emmy, slams the door shut right as you come up. You recognize one of the members of Wolf's pack and also, Rothschild, a guy from Amy's Mountain. You've got a bit of a past with Rothschild, don't you? What's he think about you?
  • I reach up an touch Sable's hand, still looking at her.

    "Yes... I have powers, but, Miss Sable, If no one can see who you really are, how will they really love you? To love is to be vulnerable." I pause, then murmur "And Mr. Wolf is quite right. No one is good enough for Emmy. "

    Rothschild... my heart twinges when I see him. A bit of a past indeed. He was one of those brave souls that decided to be a lover. Maybe the first one I thought I really loved. And I thought, for a while, it might become more. This was...maybe four or five years ago? The whole affair was a matter of a few weeks.

    We were crazy for each other in the beginning, our natural chemistry was quite strong. He actually began discussing being formally attached. We had kept it secret at first. His family didn't like me at all, of course. I was... not acceptable. I remember when I heard him arguing with one of his brothers and his mother who treated me with barely disguised contempt. I was a freak... and she didn't want any freak grandchildren. He swore it didn't matter. He was the first one I learned to do the feedback loop with, as a lover. He used to tell me my eyes were beautiful. My stupid, creepy, dead eyes. My power hurt him one night, and suddenly he seemed more distant. He came back and made love to me so tenderly that my hope was encouraged. Until the next morning when I woke alone with a note saying only that he was sorry. He left for the mountain that day.

    That crushed me for quite a long time. His family, which is fairly large for these times, was quite active in spreading terrible rumors about me.

    What does he think of me? I don't know, now. He swore I was the love of his life at one point, but it seems I wasn't the girl for him.
  • When you tell Sable about being vulnerable, she says nothing in return, just staring ahead at the driver, reflecting.

    Rothschild turns to see the buggy, but the headlights blind him. Mac pulls the buggy up and you see another member of Wolf's pack there.

    Wolf say over the engine noise, "Mac, leave it runnin." He turns in his seat to look at you, Amiette, "Alright. Emmy said you could unstring folks. She's able to communicate, but she didn't want him to see. What are our threats here? What do you suggest?" Mac gives Wolf an odd look when he puts this in your hands, more or less.
  • I bow my head for a moment to think.

    This is where Never would have been useful. She could have isolated them from the smoke.

    I look back up.

    "I can cut strings. But if he's watching through them and sees me coming he will likely try to kill them. Once I cut the strings on one, he will likely kill the other. If we knock them out, likewise, he will probably kill at least one of them, assuming we are trying a rescue."

    I pause for a moment, biting my lip.

    "There are two options I can think of to save them both. I... I think I can isolate Emmy and Mr. Jin from the smoke and cut off Harridan's access to them... and then I can possibly cut the strings or Emmy can, inside our bubble, so to speak. To do that I would need to use the pack. I'd need the power of your minds in the smoke, with the attendant risks of course, should I fail.

    "The other option is simpler."


    I look into Wolf's eyes, the ones so like Emmy's.

    "You go in and address Harridan though Emmy or Jin... and offer him me for them. Of the people in the Element, he wants me the most. I can confirm when he has withdrawn the strings."
  • edited January 2013
    Wolf flicks a glance at Mac beside him, then back to Sable. He turns to look over towards the elder Nuff. You can tell this is a tough decision, playing the odds in his head. Blood or pack?

    Sable breaks in, "We will all help, Amiette. We're a pack, we won't sacrifice either member if there is hope of saving both." Mac nods. Wolf frowns slightly, but agrees. In short order, he calls the rest of the pack on the radio, Jersey and Scar both. They all agree to it.

    While you're waiting for Scar and Jersey to arrive, you notice Nuff is trying to get rid of Rothschild, but he walks over to the buggy. Over to you. "Hey Amiette, its been a while. What, uh, what are you cooking up with these guys? Everything alright?"
  • edited January 2013
    I close my eyes again, for a moment. Of all the people I didn't need to run into at a critical time. It was so long ago, I didn't expect that it would hurt so much to see him. But I can't erase the time we were together.

    My eyes flick open and I look at him, still very handsome, and I look over what I can see of his body, wondering how much it has changed. I give him a smile, my face feeling rather masklike.

    "I've barely thought of it, Mr. Rothschild. I suppose it has indeed. I hope your family is well. I'm afraid things aren't very good at all. We're in the midst of attempting to save our hold and humanity in general from a megalomaniacal monster of a brainer nearly as frightening and horrible as I am. Do excuse us, won't you?"

    Oh dear. That was rather more venom than I intended.
  • It doesn't seem much has changed, maybe he's packed on a little more muscle. Evidently he's doing well for Amy in her mountain.

    Rothschild closes his eyes when you lash out, a subtle flinch from him, you know. He nods, then opens up his eyes, "I deserved that, Ami. But we both know you aren't a monster, alright? Something's wrong with Bones, I know. Tell me how I can help."

    Jersey comes riding up on his cycle now, Scar on the back. As they're coming up, Scar pushes herself off the back while Jersey is angling it around to drop a kickstand. She jogs up, concern writ large on her face. Jersey is there moments later. The pack has been gathered for your Augury, it seems Rothschild wants to be part of it if you'll have him.

    What do you do?
  • He's quite right, my own fear... and whatever, is no excuse for being rude.

    "I apologize Ro... Mr. Rothschild., I shouldn't be unkind. If you wish to help, and are willing to let me... uh... borrow your mind, then by all means, join us."

    That works out well actually. Rothy's... Mr. Rothschild's mind has been attuned to mine before. I do wish for more help, but we'd best do this now.

    I explain to the newly arrived, with Mr. Wolf's help of course, what I intend to do. I assume they agree.

    We stand in a circle, our hands linked, just outside the church's door. I look around, knowing they're all going to feel me and each other in a moment. Mr. Rothschild is on one side of me, holding my left hand. Mr. Wolf is on the other.

    "'Once I establish the connection between us, find your place around the perimeter of the church. Mr. Wolf and I will enter it. Remember, keep yourselves open, this is for your comrades."

    I look into the eyes of each person in turn. Once I get to Mr. Wolf I nod and bow my head , and, after a moment, begin reaching my power through them, letting us mix, letting their minds amplify my own. Stray memories and thoughts bleed through us together as I try to manipulate the smoke itself. I'm drawing will straight from that place in me that loves Emmy.
  • Augury

    #DiceRoller(2d6+3)
  • The... harmonic is strange. I've never been connected to so many minds at once, only one at a time. I adjust the strands of smoke as they roll through us feeling them lock together and pulse as if we were one being, one creature. Our circle breaks. Wolf and I remain by the doors but we're also walking around the church, taking up positions. It's like I... we... can see, hear and think through all of us at once as we pick the best spots for us to stop, to touch the seemingly ancient stone.

    The building has a presence in the smoke, which surprises us. We can see the smoke as it flows through the world, around and through this building. We can see the two threads of smoke reaching from far away and penetrating the structure. It is struggling a little with the natural presence of this building in the smoke. The.... flavor/color/taste of it. The vibration of it. It has a weak charge.

    We touch the building together. Our Amiette self and our Wolf self setting our hands against the door, as we set our other hands at the other critical points in the building's flow. We alter our energy to match the charge of this place, pour something of our love into it and we can see it begin to softly glow in the smoke, to force the rest of the maelstrom to flow around it, outside of it. The only smoke being that of the building itself and ourselves.

    We isolate and protect the space within the church from the maelstrom. It will persist for a while, without us actively maintaining it. It is stable and contained, no bleeding.

    Once we feel the stability of the sanctuary, with a profound breath, we gently let go of our communal self. I become an 'I' again, though I can still feel the others in the background.

    I shudder out my breath, my hand still against the door. I'm trembling . I blink my eyes open...and my vision has changed. I still see the smoke on things, in the shape of things. Not clearly, but the regular world is dimmer too. There is no glass to check my eyes.

    I look at Wolf and nod... feeling strange that he should be a being separate from me again.

    We enter the church.
  • While you're walking to the church, answer me this, Amiette.

    If you had to choose between Raven or Fleece, who would you save?
  • Amiette, please go here.
  • Oh dear... What a terrible choice. Either way I would be haunted by the one I couldn't save. And the child is the one who we should want to save.. But my relationship with Raven is deeper. I think I would save the child. I do love children. And it is what should be done. But my selfishness... I am frightened that when put to the test I would not. I hope I don't have to make that choice.
Sign In or Register to comment.