[MH-OOC] Season 2 OOC Thread

edited April 2013 in Out-Of-Game
Okay so I've decided to make a new ooc thread here.

We need to do highlights real quick to let's check our strings. I think whoever has the most on you is who highlights.

Anyone have specific ideas about where to start, scene wise?

I figure either a week or two weeks before Christmas break, so the second week of December. School is out on the 21st. You're on your second quarter classes which would be different from your first quarter ones. Finals for those are coming up. Temperatures are pretty cold.

Comments

• How is Holly's arm? It feels like enough time has passed for her to be back to normal, right?

Teddy and Nyx have 2 strings on Holly. I choose Nyx. Highlight me, Nyx!

As for scenes, I'd like to have a scene with Nyx and Holly, maybe a double date where Nyx is with Aubrey and Holly was talked into going with uhm, some new somewhat interesting guy from homeroom that we haven't seen maybe?
  • Holly, would you like to be dark?
  • Double date sounds fun. Too bad Aubreys bro isn't a little older.
  • Looks like Nula highlights Nyx.
  • Yeah, healing time is about 12 weeks. So she would have it back by now, though only just. Maybe two weeks ago?

Sheldon Fisher and Darrell Whitaker are the only two guys from Homeroom we haven't seen anything of. Darrell is disaffected and worked at the thrift store that Holly (used to?) get her things from. Sheldon is the only black kid in homeroom, but he does books and has a car and wouldn't take his shirt off to go swimming.
  • I think Teddy has the most strings (3) on Nula. So please highlight Nula, Teddy.

For Nula I don't really have any specific ideas. There's probably been a lot of changes for Nula in the last few months. Like who moved in to keep an eye on Dominic? One of his family members? Do they know about Nula? Do they believe that she's Dominic's granddaughter? Do they like her? And then there's Jarrod/James. How'd that go? Did Nula tell Jarrod about James? Are Jarrod and Nula still together? Did James have to leave?

And how's that whole werewolf thing going?

We left Nula in a kind of dark place, and I think that's interesting. Maybe she's having trouble adjusting to being a wolf. Maybe everything's kind of falling apart with Dominic and his family and James/Jarrod. Maybe she's been getting in trouble, losing her temper. Teddy and Nyx both know that Nula is a werewolf now since they heard her say it. So what have they done about that? She probably dropped out of the swim team kind of abruptly. I guess exploring any of these things would be interesting to me!
  • edited April 2013
    It's funny you mention that. I was certainly entertaining the idea of one of Dominic's kids showing up. Are you saying though, that Nula moved out?

Or does she just go to James/Jarrod's when the obligatory change comes up? (Just for info I was thinking you can change at other times but it's kind of a really angry and or intentional thing, and you can more or less think in wolf form. Only when there is a full moon do you go 'moon-mad' and can't really remember the event.)

If you don't have an opinion that's cool. I have enough to work with.
  • Nyx is happy with Aubrey, kind of avoiding the woods, for now. He's probably acting like he and Nula are friends they've shared something, but he won't bring up anything. Like its in the past.

He's reached an equilibrium for the moment, but just a little push could take him in any of a number of ways.
  • I don't think Nula would move out. Unless one of Dominic's kids moved in and threw a huge fit about her being there. Which is possible. I mean, showing up at your Dad's to find out some foreign teenage girl has been living with him and they've been telling everyone she's his granddaughter? But I think she'd try to stay at Dominic's if at all possible, unless it was somehow hurting Dominic. If she had to move out, I'm not sure where she'd go? James/Jarrod's? That apartment Amy's family rents?

Regardless, she'd probably still be going to James/Jarrod's when there's a full moon. I don't think she's changed outside of the full moon yet. But I like that plan for how it would work!
  • Nyx, I want to say Dark. Does that work for you?
  • Sure thing.
  • edited April 2013
    Or does she just go to James/Jarrod's when the obligatory change comes up? (Just for info I was thinking you can change at other times but it's kind of a really angry and or intentional thing, and you can more or less think in wolf form. Only when there is a full moon do you go 'moon-mad' and can't really remember the event.)

If you don't have an opinion that's cool. I have enough to work with.
    That's just Darkest Self, isn't it? Following all the rules for that, including the MC using the Darkest Self MC move on a full moon.

I'm pretty sure I have the most strings on Holly, Rich. Five Strings, not two.

Trevis, when you scratched the idea of an epilogue thread, you said you'd do it in love letters. What happens with that?
  • Nula clearly has the most Strings on Teddy.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted By: Michael LoyI'm pretty sure I have the most strings on Holly, Rich. Five Strings, not two.
    You're a better bookeeper than I, so probably. I wonder how I fell off the wagon on that. OK, so highlight me then.

Hey MC, you know, maybe we start with Holly in school the day *of* the double date? Been forever since we had a scene in class. Maybe a scene in homeroom? Holly could be trying to talk to Nyx about it without getting in trouble or something. :)
  • Kinda slammed today, folks. Sorry for the delay.
  • So, yes. I have 5 Strings on Holly, 3 on Nula, none on Nyx. Nula has 5 Strings on Teddy, way more than anyone else, so she'll highlight Teddy. And I highlight Holly and apparently Nula.

Holly, highlight Volatile.

Nula, highlight Dark.
    I figure either a week or two weeks before Christmas break, so the second week of December. School is out on the 21st. You're on your second quarter classes which would be different from your first quarter ones. Finals for those are coming up.
    So school is out on the 21st, the Friday before Christmas. That school week (17th-21st) is finals week, and it is now sometime in the week before that (10th-14th). Are we saying it's early in the week, so that there's most of a normal week of school, followed by finals?

There could be a Winter Dance or something, the weekend before finals. Also, Teddy's dad might show up around Christmas time. Or he might not! I think Teddy believes he might, and that's the important thing, either way.
    Sheldon Fisher and Darrell Whitaker are the only two guys from Homeroom we haven't seen anything of. Darrell is disaffected and worked at the thrift store that Holly (used to?) get her things from. Sheldon is the only black kid in homeroom, but he does books and has a car and wouldn't take his shirt off to go swimming.
    It could also be a new guy, transferred in between seasons, who may or may not be evil. Just saying.

To check, we still have the same homeroom, with the same teacher and seating and everything?
  • edited April 2013
    Nyx is happy with Aubrey, kind of avoiding the woods, for now.
    How much is he avoiding the woods? Did he ever go back after raising Aubrey? I'm specifically wondering about the supernatural black knife Cross used to try to kill Myrii and Teddy. When last we saw it, it was at Nyx's hideout, but Nyx wasn't aware of that. If he hasn't been back, then it might still be there if it hasn't been reclaimed by the forces of darkness.
  • If we're talking about kickers, maybe Teddy's in the middle of doing a task for the King. In the past few months, she's become his emissary, so what does that mean? What kinds of things does he want from her? Maybe while Holly and Nyx are whispering in class, Teddy's late, trying to finish something and get to school before the end of homeroom, kind of flip-flopping where she and Nyx were last season.
  • Nyx hasn't been back there.

Regarding the students, classes in MH are unrealistically small, I think you can introduce a number of new students who become "interesting" during the course of play, or even come from other classes than homeroom of course.
  • This is still a thing! I know you guys have been waiting. I've been having to move a bunch of data this week but it should calm down.

I'll be off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get starting stuff up no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, same homeroom. This is only the end of second quarter. And we do have other homerooms full of people so having another guy for Holly is no big deal.... though Holly dating the only black kid in homeroom has a certain appeal.
  • Whoops, sorry! Teddy, highlight Cold.
  • Posted By: trevis Holly dating the only black kid in homeroom has a certain appeal.
    sounds good to me!
  • Highlights:

Nyx, Highlight Hot.
    Holly, Highlight Cold.
    Teddy, Highlight Volitile
    Nula, Highlight Volitile.
  • I adore every one of these love letters!

This was soooo worth the wait!
  • Yeah, how 'bout that? Presents this morning.
  • Geez louise, I wrote a novel. Sorry about that!

I'll add present stuff tonight!
  • That was a great novel! I feel so sorry for poor Nula.
  • blown away by the new Nula pic. That's the same model! And in a forest and super, duper sad. Wow.
  • I'm being slow working through the love letter portion. I won't get to the actual happening-right-now situation until tomorrow, I'm afraid.
  • It was all a lot to throw at you guys.

I probably could have done just as well sticking with action and asking as we went.