[Psi*Run] OOC Thread

edited July 2013 in Out-Of-Game
Let's talk about PCs, rules and AFK stuff here.

Comments

• Psi*Run is on sale as part of the Bundle of Holding deal going on for the next 9 days!

http://bundleofholding.com/index/current
  • Rich: You mention descriptions, what are your thoughts on a character portrait? (We can still post images, right?)
  • Character portraits are AWESOME, Marshall!

That's something you can't do easily at the table (which is what Psi*Run was written for originally) and that's something we can do here. Great idea.
  • edited August 2013
    Runner
    Aparent Age: 24
    Psi Powers: Mind Control, I can make people do what I want or make them into my minions.
    When I look in the mirror, I see: a young man about 24 of ambiguous racial stock with a crooked nose and tattoos wearing mint green hospital scrubs and sneakers with no socks. The tattoos are sleeves and on my chest. My dark hair is buzzed short and my eyes are bright green and intense. There seems to be a spot of blood on the canvass of my right sneaker. I think it may be my blood but I don't know why I think that.

I have Questions:
    Q1: Why does it feel so good to control another person?
    A1:
    Q2: What do these tattoos all over my chest and arms mean?
    A2:
    Q3: Why is there blood on my shoe?
    A3:
    Q4: I don't think I have ever been a father but why am I worried about my children?
    A4:
    Q5: What is my real name?
    A5:

• edited July 2013

Barco, I think.
    Apparent age: 20 something
    Psi Powers: I'm so slippery, like I was rubbed down with oil.
    When I see my reflection I see a young man, scared. Light glints off my shiny skin and short cropped hair. My blue scrubs say Barco on the left breast and my rubber, no slip shoes are all blue cotton and white rubber. I try to put on a brave face but it can't quite hide the uncertainty.

I have Questions:
    Q1: Why can't I wipe this sh*t off?!?
    A1:
    Q2: Why don't I like being touched?
    A2:
    Q3: Why are my scrubs different from the other runners' ?
    A3:
    Q4: I know Francisco well help me, who's Francisco?
    A4:
    Q5: Why does the runner with the green eyes seem so familiar?
    A5:
    Q6:
    A6:
  • hey guys, going to add in one more player - Jarad. Jarad and I played a rocking OD&D game over Twitter as well as some amazing face-to-face games. Welcome Jarad!
  • Thanks, Rich! Hi everybody!

I'm kind of ripping off the BBC series Misfits with this character. If people have issues with his power, let me know and I'll change it. I can imagine it might be a pain to manage.

1. Casey
    2. Whenever I touch someone, skin to skin, I travel to a random point in their past or future until I lose physical contact with them.
    3. Casey is in his late teens, an African-American male with bushy hair and long sideburns, washed-out blue eyes, chestnut-colored skin (slightly reddish-brown), medium build. He is very tall (about 6'3). He normally wears a light, white undershirt and blue gym pants with sandals. When his power activates, he disappears for the duration of the "jump." His image distorts, and there's a loud sonic boom and a chill in the air. When he returns, his appearance is followed by an uncomfortable wave of heat.
    4. Can I change the future or the past when I step out of time?
    Who keeps trying to kill me when I travel to a different time?
    Why do I remember a family sometimes when I was born an orphan?
    Why do I have this love letter from Sarah asking me to meet her when I don't know a Sarah?
  • edited July 2013
    penday

1. Someone called me Pen-day. I think that's a nickname

2. I see it all. The pulsing of electricity behind walls, the waves of sound coming from the phone ringing, the warmer air slipping in from outside. Sometimes all the extra input overwhelms me.

3. When I look in the mirror, I see a rough teen with brown skin and eyes and and black hair with odd-looking glasses.

4. I have questions...
    Next, write down on your Runner sheet at least 4 and up to 6 questions, things your Runner is curious about. Don’t think up the answers now! During play, you or the other players will answer these questions.

Q1 What can't I see?
    Q2 What happens when I see too much?
    Q2 Why am I missing my left pinky finger?
    Q3 Why do I have half a tattoo on my chest?
  • Runner, approximate age is mid 20's. Female. Medium brown hair that falls just past the shoulders. It's straight. My eyes are brown. I'm average height, and I am wearing khaki's and a long sleeve purple henley shirt.

These questions have a grip on me, they're all I can remember.

1) I have a piece of paper in my pocket with a number on it, I have no idea what it is.
    2) Why don't my shoes fit?
    3) I have a long ragged scar on my stomach. What is it from?
    4) Where is Jeremy? And more importantly, who is he?
    5) Why is it that when I look at a place, say the next street corner, if I concentrate really hard, I can shift myself to that spot?

*psi ability is teleportation*
  • Nice work, everyone! I'll read over these tonight and provide any feedback. Then we'll post them in the official thread and I will post up scene one! Hopefully we can kick this off tomorrow!

Keep in mind, this is a weekday game, meaning I will post Monday through Friday, on the US Eastern timezone. So, we will have some posts tomorrow, then go silent until Monday.
  • correct, I don't remember my name, I also don't know how to upload images. However I imagine him to look like Christopher Eccleston had a baby with an Indian woman. I probably should have added "What is my name?" to the question list but maybe someone else will during play. Welcome to the group Jarad. And nice characters everyone I am stoked about this game. The biggest challenge for me will be to stfu during the weekend.
  • Please keep game mechanics questions in this thread. I will notify you when your character is ready to be ported over to the rules and characters thread.

Marco, I'll post up some quickie forum hints later tonight
  • Marco: You can quote a post to see how it's coded. You can just change the URL to the image of your choice. I modified my image using www.ribbit.com to make it look like a Polaroid and uploaded it to my www.rpggeek.com account so that I had a URL to link to.
  • hey all!

I dig the PCs. Please post them in the Character thread now. That will be our "living document" for the game.

Thanks for being patient all!

I'll have first scene up shortly.
  • Posted By: orklordMarco, I'll post up some quickie forum hints later tonight
    Thanks, I read how to do die rolls on the sticky but this format is new for me.
  • Quickie Forum Hints:

To paste an image, I like to use the format below (except no spaces between "<" and "img" or "<" and "/img")
    < img class="alignnone" src=" URL of YOUR IMAGE" width="800" height="600">< /img>
    The cool part is that you can use the width and height to adjust the image to different sizes from the original.

You said you're good with the die roller. Be advised that you cannot edit ANYTHING in a post once you roll dice in it. I usually post flavor text, add those comments, then do my die rolling in a whole new comment. That way if you need to back-up, you aren't stuck.

Whisper - you can send a private message to a person in a thread, like ask me a private question, conspire with Jarad, whatevs. Just type in their nick in the box above your main text box, it says Whisper. That means only that person and the admin can see it.

Deleting posts - short version: you can't. long version, you can, however, edit the post into a "." OR you can edit it into a whisper to your own nick and for everyone else, it "disappears"

Links - if for some reason you want to link to a website, use the below (except remove the space between the first "<" and the "a" and the second "<" and the "/"
    < a href="EXAMPLE WEBSITE">some text about the link< /a>

Font colors - You can change the color for speaking. I've done it, it's fun, but tiresome sometimes.
    < font color="red magenta blue green gold purple "> and to end it < /font>

I will probably just bold the speech text
    < b >"I sing out my praises!!! < /b >

I always post in the Html format.

That's all I can think of right now.
  • "That's a Bold move cotton, I hope it works out for him"
    what the hell is magenta?

If you don't know what I was doing here I tried to bold the first statement and that worked but then everything else became bold also. This was not the plan. Then the words "what the hell is magenta?" should have appeared in that font color but it didn't work out how I hoped. Of course it could be that there is no such thing as magenta as I have suspected all along.
  • for some reason I want to link this unrelated website.

not relevant
  • You gotta be careful with the bold tags. If you leave one open the whole post will get bolded.

With color do it like this:

<font color="magenta"> What the hell is magenta</font>

What the hell is magenta
  • edited July 2013
    <b>"That's a Bold move cotton, I hope it works out for him"<b>
    <fontcolor>what the hell is magenta?</fontcolor></b></b></font><b><b>

If you don't know what I was doing here I tried to bold the first statement and that worked but then everything else became bold also. This was not the plan. Then the words "what the hell is magenta?" should have appeared in that font color but it didn't work out how I hoped. Of course it could be that there is no such thing as magenta as I have suspected all along.</b></b></p></div></blockquote>

Should be done like this:

<b>"That's a Bold move cotton, I hope it works out for him"</b>
    <font color="magenta">what the hell is magenta?</font>

If you don't know what I was doing here I tried to bold the first statement and that worked but then everything else became bold also. This was not the plan. Then the words "what the hell is magenta?" should have appeared in that font color but it didn't work out how I hoped. Of course it could be that there is no such thing as magenta as I have suspected all along.

To get this:
    "That's a Bold move cotton, I hope it works out for him"
    what the hell is magenta?

• Marco, I hope it's cool that I included your runner in one of my questions. I thought it might be neat to have some connection to another PC, even if it's just staring idly at your ink during a bus ride in TX two years ago. Might be especially interesting with Casey peering into our pasts/futures.
  • Or you can use bb code.

[color=magenta][b]magenta[/b][/color]
  • edited July 2013
    magenta

Just remember to mark the format as BBCode at the bottom of the posting box.

bbcode reference
  • Is bbcode what they use on RPGGeek? It looks pretty similar.
  • I think so.
  • hey guys/gals, I'm not sure if I'll have the first post up till later this afternoon or Monday.

Had some work thrown my way, trying to knock it out.
  • Thanks for the technical help guys, appreciated. Mease linking characters' backgrounds is fine even expected. I play Apocalypse World, Dungeon World and Burning Wheel, so linking characters together and adding reality to my background is part of the games I like most. In fact during play you will have the opportunity to answer my questions it's part of Psi-Run. That part kind of reminds me of "A Penny for My Thoughts" I dig it.
  • Sorry for the delay, y'all! I will have first post up Monday morning.

I'm listening to Boards of Canada right now because I'm sad for not kicking the game off today.
  • Test
    Highlighting HOT for the Skinner
  • edited July 2013
    FYI - getting my son up and fed, then ready for school, will have the first post up this morning. Probably by 9 AM EST.

EDITED: when I say "school", I mean summer camp, which is held at his elementary school.