[GhostL] OOC

RusRus
edited July 2013 in In-Game
Character creation seems fairly simple.
Not much in the way of Hx and such.

Big choices are your Homeland.

We can brainstorm possible connections between characters here, or we can dive right in and discover it with play. That first scene will start with a flashback, so keep that in mind.

Comments

• red and I had some IM chatter and we'd like to make a pair of fraternal twins from Sklovan.

Her female PC will take Wild and Hardy. My male PC will take Bold and Tough.

I'm interested in being the Rook.
  • red is stuck working, but IMed me a bit.

She chose the name Arden, she's interested in the Spider.
    My PC's named Adric, still interested in Rook.
  • Sklovan. Wild. Hardy. Sounds like tribes maybe recently dominated by the immortal emperor's legions? Maybe just a generation or two ago?
  • I'm liking Iruvia, from Mistport or Cloudspire perhaps. Thinking of picking up Attuned and Swift. I'll gladly take on the Owl.

I'm okay with figuring out my connections to everyone else in play, if that's cool. I'm still figuring out who my character is. Of course, if what I have so far is enough for someone to pick up and run with, I'm all ears.
  • Posted By: RusSklovan. Wild. Hardy. Sounds like tribes maybe recently dominated by the immortal emperor's legions? Maybe just a generation or two ago?
    Our grandparents fought the occupation!
  • I like that idea about the Sklovan too! Awesome!

I kind of want Arden to have chosen her badge name on a dare. For example, someone could dare her to choose the name Templeton because everyone knows the last three Templetons died terrible deaths. Any PC takers? I'll even let you pick whatever name you want. :)
  • I'm thinking a Noble from Akoros. Nobody thought a pampered pretty boy could handle Anchor duty, but Polonia will show them what he's made of. I'm still trying to decide on the other gift. Being Connected seems like a good way to get started, but being Shrewd or Sharp would be better for long term survival.
  • putting a thought out there.

With such simple character sheets, would it be easier if Rustin set up a thread with the brief rules from the PDF for actions, then each player reserves three posts in a row for their PCs, histories, etc? That way we can all bookmark one thread and looking over everyone's sheets is pretty simple?
  • edited August 2013
    Rich's Prelim PC:

Badge Name: Brogan
    Personal Name: Adric
    Homeland: Sklovan
    Gifts: Bold (+1 to Steel), Tough (-1 to Harm)
    Role: Rook

FORCE: +2
    FINESSE: -1
    INSIGHT: 0
    STEEL: +2 (with Bold gift)
  • Everyone clear on what their next step is?
  • Rustin, I'm sorry that my response is delayed, but I'm going to need to really think about creating memories out of thin air.
  • Yeah, I wanted to make sure everyone knows I saw this as a quasi-character generation. More Brainstorming in the OOC thread might help. I just wanted to throw out some creative seeds. If it is not clicking for you, let me know, I can pull the prologue and we can start with something else.
  • Hmm. I'm trying to align my stats, but the bbcode tables don't seem to be supported here, and my html table keeps turning blue.
  • Posted By: Max BHmm. I'm trying to align my stats, but the bbcode tables don't seem to be supported here, and my html table keeps turning blue.
    Are you hitting the BBCode radial at the bottom of the post?

I know, dumb question.
  • Yeah, I had all the colors and bold stuff working, but I couldn't seem to get table, tr, or td to be anything.
  • Would flashback scene framing by me help?
  • yes, please. I'm stuck. I just have no context. I don't even know how steampunk / western / not western steampunky we are.
  • Cool. If you (by you I mean everyone) answer that last role specific question in the thread I will use that to help me frame your scene. I will get them up sometime Saturday.

Also, if you share details of your character here I will incorporate that information. Otherwise I will go off the trait selection from character generation.
  • Looks like we cross posted, Dylan.

I set some scenery for your memories. I did this by just editing my original post. If something is unclear let me know. Working off my ipad so not the most user friendly data entry device.

We will start the fight with the ghost in a new thread and we will bypass the first steel test for seeing your trainer ripped and killed.
  • Ah, okay. I'm out and about for the day, but I'll edit my post this evening. No worries
  • ooooh, thanks for the edits! That looks grand, will have a response up today, most likely.
  • Cool, Dylan. Bringing in the criminal element. It will be interesting to learn more about that,

I missed incorporation of Arden into Arcy-Haig flashback. I had a fancy grid sketched in my notes, but still managed to space it.

I am going to add just a quick line so everyone gets at least one memory of another PC.
  • I've already gotten confused about names. Haha. I had to edit my post once I remembered that Polonia is Booker. :)
  • Also, since I may not have been explicit about it before, Polonia is a boy with a girl's name. That's part of the chip on his shoulder.
  • I think I might just go by badge names 99% of time from here on out.
    The rolls can switch, so I will drop using those for sure.

I will attempt to clean up gender terms.
  • Badge names are a good way to go, and I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of things, just clarifying the ambiguity I created. :)
  • Vivid flashback scenes, everyone. Neat stuff.

I am going to read through again and take several notes on things that interest me. If some topic or theme jumped out at you that you would like to see more of, list them here so I can direct play toward them.

I should have the fighty scene going up next. Either tonight or tomorrow.
  • I see Arcy as being the obviously wild one of the pair of twins (Adric and Arcy). But Adric has a violent side he normally keeps in check. It's something he normally holds at bay, but it's a thing. It's why he's good at being a Rook, I think.
  • hey all!

I made some mistakes with names. My PC, the Rook is fraternal twin to Arden (red's PC).

I edited my post up a bit. Sorry!
  • RusRus
    edited August 2013

Some nuts and bolts stuff for the upcoming fighty scene.
    I am imagining an elevated platform, at least thirty feet high.

In terms of scale, I am imagining the distance between cities to measure in days of travel, even by the most energized of trains. And speaking of the trains (also in terms of scale) I am imagining most cars are at least three times if not four times the size of what we would think of as trains. Both in length and width. These are closer to rolling cruise ships than trains, little tiny towns that move between cities.

Sure, you occasionally get the zippy little train. But train standard on the ghostlines is a fairly opulent ride.

Back to other features of the scene.
    The train has just pulled in and stopped. The engine is right next to the charging capacitors - a series of connectors align to ports on the engine. Usually they throw the lever and gouts of electricity pulse to the engine. Nobody had thrown that switch.

Behind the engine are the first class cars. (Since it is all electric the fancy people like to be up front, no irritating smoke.) The ghost has burst from the second of the two first class cars on this line, behind that are the cars with the Emperor’s personal scientific team’s special insignia. (i.e., The precious cargo) after that there are more and more cars full of passengers and freight- they stretch off into the darkness.

From the platform you can go directly to the engine or the first class cars. To get to the precious cargo cars you’d need to get on the elevated rail or go along the train itself.

I will get a picture up shortly.

Everyone decide which of you will lead the Bulls against this Ghost?
    Then we’ll calculate and cast the set-up dice roll.

Assume you all make your initial steel check from seeing her ripped up.
    Assume the platform has newbie Bulls running around in a panic and the first class car guests are screaming in horror, perhaps leaping from the train. The charging capacitors are full and crackling with energy.