Another AW-Engine game? Why not? [The Regiment-ish]

edited August 2013 in Pitch
So I've always enjoyed the Weird Wars comix, and I've always been a fan of effed-up war movies. After Apocalypse World made its way into my hot little hands, and I found that everyone and their Aunt May was hacking it, I figured I needed to write a war movie hack. Then that god damned John Harper beat me to it, and did it better than I did in pretty much every instance (Save design. Too clean, Mr. Harper! It's too clean!).

I propose to MC a game of The Regiment set in the Vietnam of Platoon, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, and innumerable Dave Drake short stories - no more about the real Vietnam than Apocalypse World is about the realities of post-collapse survival. Carnophilic. Claustrophobic. Loud. Brutal. Hallucinatory. Prick-25s, daisy cutters, willy-peter, M-14s, spider holes. And hell, with some kind of supernatural horror in there too. If I can dredge up the draft of my own war hack-cum-reskin I might slot in a few moves from that as custom moves - I may have deleted the fucking thing in dismay. THANKS JOHN

Here's The Regiment 2.1 at Harper's blog. http://mightyatom.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-regiment-alpha-21-playtest-kit.html

Comments