[Scarlet] Sunless Citadel (Chapter Two)

Comments

• Updated map (you're standing over the dead goblins)
  • Both hobgoblins fire arrows as you clear the goblins, and hastily pull new arrows from their small quivers to nock them for another shot.

Hobgoblin 1 attack (vs. Ba AC +2 for attack bonus)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

Hobgoblin 2 attack (vs. LC AC +2 for attack bonus)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )
  • Damage to Ba from Hobgoblin:
    #DiceRoller( 1d10 )
  • Someone (or something) inside the room moves a table from just out of your field of vision, and it comes clashing down in front of the doorway, giving them half cover. You'll have to jump over that table to get into the room now.

Ba, that's 2 HP damage
  • Is there any kind of throwing weapon on the ground?
  • Here in this place? You could grab a goblin's sword, not weighted for throwing. At a minus 1, you can attack if you like.
  • Are the Hobgoblins still taking shots at us? If they are, I want to find some cover while I catch my breath and think about our next move.
  • They're definitely planning on it, Laughing Crane. Also, at least one more creature is in there, maybe more, since someone else pushed that table down after they took their shots.

You can hide in room 36. But if you choose to run back the way you came, they'll get a free shot at your backs.

What do you do?
  • I fall back a few paces from the arrow's impact. The sting of it cutting into my arm causes me to drop my punch dagger. Luckily my armor slowed the arrow down enough that it didn't lodge into my arm but did give me a vicious cut.

I charge the table screaming and wildly swinging my hook sword as I go. I'll attempt to leap over the table (near Hobgoblin1).
  • Ba, give me a Dexterity check at difficulty of 9 to get over the table.

The good news is that if you succeed, the hobgoblins will have to switch weapons, so you'll get to attack before they do. Bad news is, if you miss, they get a point blank shot at you.
  • I see Ba running and follow immediately.
  • Dex to leap the table.
    #DiceRoller( 2d8+1 )
  • Leap the table
    #DiceRoller( 2d8+2 )
  • The hobgoblins drop back a few feet, dropping their bows and fumbling for their weapons.

To your right is this big guy:

He's reaching for his weapons as well, since he had to use both hands to flip that table over.

Here's the updated map:

Go ahead and take your attacks.
  • Heart racing and sword flashing, I advance on the Hobgoblin in front of me!

Attack (attack bonus+str bonus+ac?):
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+9 )

Fray Dice (these guys are 2hd so no sense in rolling this, right?):
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • edited June 2014
    I'm sorry I didn't give AC. Hobgoblin and Bugbear AC - 5. With your "12" rolled, that won't hit, Ba.

You're right, no Fray Dice here. This will be a tough fight.
  • I clamber over the table. The flagstones here are slippery with moss and crud. Catching my balance gives the brutish Hobgoblin precious time to pull out his kursarigama and defend himself. Using my two handed hook sword technique I slice at him. However, my swings are met by his blade and chain.
  • I leap over and asses the bugbear. I remember my training. Crab technique should be good against this guy.

Attack
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

damage
    #dice ( 1d8+2 )
  • bad syntax, doing damage again.
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • Crab technique worked! Using my buckler to deflect his probing stabs, I keep my side turned to him. Then I deliver a swift jab, right into his ribs!
  • Bugbear (vs. LC AC 5,+4 Attack Bonus)):
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+9 )
  • Bugbear Damage (axe +1):
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+1 )
  • Laughing Crane,

You deflect most of his blows, by axe and dagger, but your arm aches with the ringing of his mighty strikes! (take 1 HP damage).

You strike true into his ribs, and he groans in alarm and pain. The hobgoblin nearest you, who was angling for a strike, is hesitant to move, so he takes a step back, leaving the bugbear to you.
  • Ba,

The hobgoblin you attacked swings his chained staff high and sweeps towards your head.

Hobgoblin 2 attack (vs. Ba AC , +2 for attack bonus)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

Damage (if needed)
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )
  • Ba, the staff whistles high as you just barely duck under.

What do the two of you do in response?

The southern door is currently opening.
  • Time for some lighter moves.
    I use my smaller size to nimbly dance around him, turning him so that he is between the opening door and me.

Attack
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • I pull forth my other hook sword to engage using my twin tiger style.

The south door must be held! I want to tumble and feint past this hobgoblin to get to the door behind him to slam it shut.
  • If you want to take a defensive stance and forego an attack, Ba, you can close that door, sure. You tumble past the hobgoblin with the kusarigama and he swings the chain at you in hopes of a sweeping attack.
  • Hobgoblin 2 attack (vs. Ba AC , +2 for attack bonus)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

Damage (if needed)
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Ba, the chain cuffs the side of your head right as you shoulder the door closed and lock it. Rings your bell for a few moments, but you'll be alright!