[Scarlet] Sunless Citadel (Chapter Two)

12357

Comments

  • Laughing Crane,

    The Bugbear notices that the hobgoblin is backing off while he's bleeding profusely from his gut. He waves at the hobgoblin to attack, which seems to goad him enough.

    The hobgoblin swings a nice-looking sword over its head and strikes at you high.

    Hobgoblin 1 attack (vs. LC AC , +2 for attack bonus)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Damage (if needed)
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )
  • Laughing Crane,

    The Bugbear, stepping back while you deal with the hobgoblin, reaches into his pouch to grab a vial that he quaffs quickly.

    Healing potion:
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )

    The hobgoblin's strike misses you.
  • Twin Tiger style!
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • Like a rat in a corner I unleash a furious attack.

    I combine my hook swords in attempt to get reach on the hobgoblin. But hobgoblin buys his time. He backs up as I advance on him, staying just out of reach of my blades.
  • "G?nk?i!" I shout as I strike at the hobgoblin. Where are those Kobolds?

    Attack
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • I take a leaping run at the wall, flip, and slash at the hobgoblin's throat as he swings for the space I left behind.
  • Laughing Crane,

    The hobgoblin you were facing grabs at the sudden hole in his throat, gasping his last breaths as his legs give out underneath him. He crumples to the ground, dead at your feet.

    The Bugbear roars frustration and tosses his small vial against the stone floor, shattering the thick glass as he hefts his axe to charge at you.
  • Bugbear (vs. LC AC 5,+4 Attack Bonus)):
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+9 )

    Bugbear Damage (axe +1), if needed:
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+1 )
  • Laughing Crane,

    (OOC: you're lucky that didn't connect!)

    The axe whistles just past your ear, Laughing Crane, slamming into the stone beside you, the ground shudders from the impact. This Bugbear towers over you, nearly seven feet of hairy muscle. And he aims to hurt you bad.

    Ba Jiao,

    The Hobgoblin you're fighting seems to realize a couple things: 1) you're trying to keep the door closed, which limits your movement and 2) you're not the strongest fighter in the group. He steps back, out of your strike range, whipping the kusarigama around his ugly head and whipping it in long, whistling arcs around his body.

    He's looking for the perfect spot to attack. When he thinks he sees it, he switches grip, grabs the haft of his chopping weapon and moves in!
  • Hobgoblin 2 attack (vs. Ba AC , +2 for attack bonus)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Damage (if needed)
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Ba,

    He just missed you! How did you get out of the way of that strike? What do you do?
  • Attack
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • edited June 2014
    I scream and leap up and thrust my sword into his chest. It goes deep, up under his rib cage. His eyes glaze and he starts to bellow, but then collapses like a puppet with it's strings cut.
    I turn to see if Ba needs help with the hobgoblin.
  • I realize he is trying to push me away from the door with his whirling attack. As I back up to keep a safe distance I feint that I lost my footing, tripping on the chain on the floor. He seizes this as his opportunity to strike. However, his sneer of broken teeth and tusk betrays him.

    He grabs his kama and rushes at me.

    I follow through with my feint, tumbling back towards the door. Crouched low I catch the vicious swing of his kama with my hook sword. I manage to slow and turn the blade, but not stop his attack. His brutish strength pushes the flat side of his blade against my face with enough force to push me back several inches. My feet scramble vainly to get traction.
  • Attack
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • edited June 2014
    I can feel the hobgoblins cold steel and hot breath on my face.

    I slip my off hand sword's crescent guard between the hobgoblin's leather cuirass and britches. It sinks deep into his flesh and I rend numerous times.

    The hobgoblin drops his kama and falls to the ground face-first beside me, clutching at his stomach. His blood spills out and fills the cracks between the flagstones around him.
  • I wrench my sword from the Bugbears corpse and wipe it clean.

    Do we have a second to bind wounds?
  • edited June 2014
    Yes, you have a moment to bind wounds. One can hold the door closed while the other binds. I assume you do so.

    There are shouts at the door, and the sound of movement and orders given back and forth between the remaining tribe.

    As you're finishing up the binding, Laughing Crane's back at the door, seven kobolds come through the southern door in room 35. You recognize the two kobolds you freed, as well as Meepo. They come charging up, stopping to pick the goblins clean, then scurrying over the table into the room. Do you comb over the three corpses in this room before they do?
  • Yes, of course.

    I bind the the cut on my left arm as soon as I realize that Laughing Crane took out our other opponents. As he holds the door for my binding I'll also quickly rifle over the hobgoblin I fought.

    Once done, I'll hold the door so that Liu Wenxiong can bind his wounds. I imagine he will search over the hobgoblin and bugbear he killed. If not, I'll suggest we search over them as a key or such might prove useful.

    The hobgoblin with the key to the halfling's cage is to the south of us, on the far side of the door, correct?
  • Yes. I'll take a moment to bind my wound. And then look over our defeated foes.

    Once done, I will look to Meepo and his comrades.
    "You ready? Fight Goblins? All together!"
  • Scrounging the hobgoblins gets you a couple trinkets and coins from a couple different nations. The bugbear's corpse has a signet ring for a merchant house from your land, Ba Jiao. What house is it?

    All told, you get: 23 sp, 4 gp.

    Meepo raises his little dagger, "Yes! Humie's killed Balsag!" Meepo scuries over to kick the bugbear's corpse for emphasis. The pair of prisoners that you freed stand near the door, ready to attack with their four comrades. They start barking and yapping excitedly, ready for combat.
  • edited June 2014
    So we're clear.

    I'm giving each of you 1d6 Fray die for three/four kobolds fighting by your side.

    I'm going to be rolling Fray dice to account for the fight between the goblins against the kobolds. I'm working up a map now.

    I'm having a heck of a great time with this.
  • Unless Ba Jiao objects, I want to have everyone back away from the door, then fling it open and let them charge in if they want.
  • Oh, Ba is totally going to defer to the Laughing Crane's suggestions of tactics and stratagems.
  • edited June 2014
    Here's the map.

    The goblins charge in, hobgoblins hanging back to fire arrows and magic (yes, I said magic):
    image

    The goblins are slavering, howling, giggling crazed little things with sharp teeth and chipped and broken swords and chain shirts (AC 5).
  • By the by, I'll give each of you +1 AC for the strategic position you've got. Plus, Hobgob 2 and female hobgob won't get a shot at you this round.
  • "Ha! Like moths to the flame! Eh Ba Jiao!"

    Attack
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )

    LC Fray
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )

    Kobold Fray
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • I didn't count on their ferocity as they charged in. My initial strikes were all off, I was trying to hit a beat behind them.

    Luckily a good swipe with my buckler and a roundhouse kick took connected.

    The Kobolds ranged around me swarmed in like locusts, bent on revenge.

    [So that's 2HD for LC and 1 HD for Kobolds.]
  • edited June 2014
    "The Yellow Lady protect us!" I shout and rush to meet the goblins charging in.

    I'll be meeting the gods much sooner than I ever hoped if all my adventures with Laughing Crane are this dangerous!
  • Twin Tiger attack
    (these two remaining goblins are ac6, right?)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+9 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )

    Ba Fray
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    Kobold Fray
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
Sign In or Register to comment.