[Scarlet] The Hou's Ransom

124»

Comments

  • Laughing Crane,

    You declare your name to those foolish Shou who fall to you and Longma, but a half dozen others come charging up. They have numbers, but you have the high ground and a mount. They fan out, taking hard steps up the muddy hill, screaming hateful words in their guttural tongue as they try to bring you down.

    In their clustering attack, only four get close enough to strike, the other two trying to find an opening without skewering their mates.
  • Laughing Crane:

    Hobgoblin #3 vs. LC
    (Base Attack +2, + AC 5)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Hobgoblin #3 Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    Goblin #4 vs. LC
    (Base Attack +2, + AC 5)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Goblin #4 Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    Goblin #5 vs. LC
    (Base Attack +2, + AC 5)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Goblin #5 Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    Hobgoblin #6 vs. LC
    (Base Attack +2, + AC 5)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Hobgoblin #6 Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Laughing Crane,

    As the Hobgoblins strike high, you block with your shield, and one shies away from Longma's flank. Only the sneak-thief goblin is able to bite true with his sliver of a sword, striking you for two points of damage to your right calf.

    Ba Jiao,

    The blight wolf mate of the male you felled leaps upon you, slavering with hate and mournful for it's lost one.
  • Ba Jiao,

    Blight Wolf vs. Ba
    (Base Attack +3, + AC 6)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+9 )

    Blight Wolf Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )
  • Ba, you avoid its jaws, but in the process, your ankle is twisted slightly. Take one point of damage.

    Laughing Crane,

    An arrow comes whistling over your head at one of the goblins waiting to attack you.
    (Fray Die from Blaker and children)
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Laughing Crane,

    That goblin, and another fellow, shot by an arrow and a streaking arc of cold yellow flame, like magic, both fall.

    What do you do?
  • I want to make my way to the children and Blaker. If I have to fight my way through, so be it.
  • Laughing Crane, you charge up the hill with Longma, reaching Master Blaker and a young girl and boy. The children are dressed in fine clothes that are caked with mud and grime. The boy has an arrow nocked in his bow. Blaker is a man in his late forties, dressed for work, not like a nobleman. He is wielding a straight sword.

    "Many thanks, stranger!" he calls when you come up the hill. "Help me save these children, yes?"

    There are three more Shou coming up the hill, and above you is the blight wolf attacking Ba.

    Ba Jiao,

    You take the first wolf down, twist your ankle a bit. The second is focused on you now. What do you do?
  • Slicing at Wolf
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )

    In the Fray!
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • I slash frantically at the wolf, trying to both keep him at a distance and also luck into slipping in a nice stab. Lady luck is not my friend. My twisted ankle is making fighting on this hillside a real trouble. I manage a mere nick but enough to draw blood.
  • Attack+Str bonus+AC
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+10 )

    Dmg (if needed)
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )

    Fray
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )
  • I position myself in front of the children. As they come up the hill, the shou attempt to surround me, but that just makes my next move easier.
    I slash at the one to my right, but miss. As I am doing that, I rear Longma and wheel her toward the other two. They crumble beneath the avalanche of her hoof-strikes.
  • Ba Jiao:

    The wolf snarls in rage and tries to clamp her jaws around the leg you kicked her with. Her left eye took the brunt of the blow and blood is leaking from the corner.

    Blight Wolf vs. Ba
    (Base Attack +3, + AC 6)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+9 )

    Blight Wolf Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d8 )

    Laughing Crane:

    The last two Shou, driven to insanity in this desperate attack, outnumbered and doomed, throw themselves at you, Laughing Crane. Something about those children...

    Hobgoblin #7 vs. LC
    (Base Attack +2, + AC 5)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Hobgoblin #7 Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    Hobgoblin #8 vs. LC
    (Base Attack +2, + AC 5)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+7 )

    Hobgoblin #8 Damage:
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

    Fray die (from Blaker and children):
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • Attack+Dex bonus+AC
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

    Damage
    #DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )

    In the Fray!
    #DiceRoller( 1d6 )
  • The wolf dodges my main thrust. However, as it lunges at me, again trying to grasp my leg, I manage to rake it with the blade along my sword's guard. It slices deep through the tendons on it's front right leg. it's unable to adjust mid-lunge and when the wolf's leap ends it crashes face first into the dirt. Quickly I finish it off with a chop to the neck.

    I race to Laughing Crane and the Children.
  • The last few goblins charging up the hill turn and run, leaving you both heaving deep gasps as Master Blaker and the children nearly collapse. Alenka makes her way up the hill to you slowly.

    "Many thanks, friends." Blaker says with a clear voice. "You've done the good work for a Hou."

    "They shall be rewarded, Blaker," Alenka says sharply as she continues clinbing. "I hired them to escort the children."

    With that, you're able to return to the camp, take all the supplies off the wagons onto your own, and ride back to town.

    --END SESSION--
Sign In or Register to comment.