• Tomie's attack on LC:
    Claw (LC AC 3 + Attack Bonus 3)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+6 )

Claw Damage: #DiceRoller( 1d6 )

Tomie's attack on Ba:
    Bite (LC AC 5 + Attack Bonus 3)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+8 )

Bite Damage: #DiceRoller( 1d10 )
  • While the beasts head is turned, I attempt a devastating blow.

(Level bonus+3, str+2, magic sword+1, opp AC +6)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+12 )
  • Still quicker than I anticipated, it turns back to me a paws aside my blow. I spin with the momentum and prepare to dodge or deflect it's next attack.
  • Now a tiger? Certainly this lady is a rakshasi or hengeyokai. Either way, it is certain that we must kill this evil spirit. I will attempt to stab at the tiger-lady with my new acquired yari!
  • Yari Stab (Bonus +2, Dex+2, AC+6)
    #DiceRoller( 1d20+10 )

#DiceRoller( 1d8+2 )
  • The jaws snap forward as I stab with the yari. Fortune favors me. The haft of the yari keeps those sharp teeth a safe distance.
  • Ba Jiao, your stab pierces her eye. The silver spear gouges into her head and you hear the sizzle of cooking meat. Smoke curls out of the hole, and her body slumps to the ground. She lies dead at your feet.

to help speed things along:
    Inside the mud hut are the few possessions Tomie Cho owns. The hut is filthy, it includes an ivory belt toggle (netsuke) in the shape of goldfish (worth 3 gp), 8 pieces of copper, a silver pearl (worth 100 gp), and a very ornate strip of paper scribed with a short fable on the handling of wild and domestic animals. (will provide the reader the Handle Animal skill)
  • "Ha! The Gods smile on us, Laughing Crane!"

After the dismal display against the tengu I am delighted that this encounter went so painlessly. As Laughing Crane sorts through the hut I drag the tiger out of the hut and then look for suitable limbs to lash together a travois. Over my shoulder I call out, "This cat will prove to be a nice trophy for the locals! I suppose we should bring her to the eta, yes?"

We collect the wicker baskets on the way back to the village.