Beast Hunters: Interest?

edited August 2007 in Pitch
I'd like to run a Beast Hunters game in this forum. I might make an adjustment or two due to the interface and pacing of PbP games, but most of the rules will stay intact. All you'll need to play are the character creation section and the conflict resolution rules (available in the demo), so you don't need to own the game to play, though it'll give you a better idea of the setting.

I'm thinking 4-5 players would be a good number. You'll need to be able to post once a day, at least. During challenges, not posting during a day will skip your turn. Notice that this is a certain amount of commitment, because you need to calculate in the time it takes to read other people's posts as well as write your own. That all said, think about how many forum posts you already read and write in a day, and if it's more than a couple, you should be just fine :) If people post more often, we can move at a quicker pace.

We'd need to figure out the setup, create the characters in a group thread to connect them, and figure out the initial situations. I'm inclined to have the characters be tribal members who are not (yet?) beast hunters, and have adventures revolve around other issues.

Just post here if you're interested and we can see whether it takes off :)

Comments

• edited 7:06PM
    I'm interested Christian. I will probably stick close to that one post a day, only because I normally do my forum reading/posting in the evenings.
    I'm interested!
    For sure. (Especially if you still have that character I made on the Foundry, way back.)
    Great. We'll give it a day or two to see if that's it, and then we can go about getting it started.

Daniel, I have your character (along with Dave's), but we might want to consider creating all of the characters together. Or at least making sure they're tied together in some fashion :)
    Posted By: xenopulsebut we might want to consider creating all of the characters together.
    Yeah, of course. I was just looking forward to harpooning some fish-beasts someday. *wistful sigh*
    Harpooning fish beasts, eh? I could get behind that.
    hi everyone,

I've wanted to play a game of Beast Hunters and haven't had the chance, so if this is still a go and there's room, I'm in.
  • edited August 2007
    Posted By: xenopulseI'm inclined to have the characters be tribal members who are not (yet?) beast hunters, and have adventures revolve around other issues.
    But, but... what about the cool tattoos?!

Anyways, one thought I had on this topic was that the PCs could be the last remnant of a once-storied tribe -- quite literally the only living members. Maybe their village burned down, there was a plague or a drought, they were absorbed by nearby tribes, they were slaughtered by magical beasts, they didn't have enough kids, etc. That's a story/theme that interests me, and could allow for a variety of character types and a wide variety of situations as well (wilderness survival, tribal politics if they seek shelter, revenge, etc.) It would also make the possibility of a PC becoming a beast hunter extra-meaty -- Beast Hunters leave their own tribe, after all, which is a big deal when you're one of five surviving members.
  • Alright, now that we've got the new hosting in place, I'll put up a thread to discuss the particular setup and character creation soon. Are all five of you still interested? It'll move somewhat slowly with that many players, but it's doable.
  • Still interested but willing to bow out if you think the group is too large.
  • I'm still interested Christian.
  • I still want to play, but I think I might start a new game instead and be a bystander to this one -- I'm reading the book now and have an itch to be the challenger! :)