Dogs in the Vineyard

edited May 2009 in Pitch
Hey all,

I'm interested in participating in a Play By Post Dogs in the Vineyard game. I think I have a decent grasp on the rules, and I actually got a friend and a wife to play with me last night for one session, but I'd like to get involved in a game here to help me further understand the mechanics of the game.

Comments

• Right on. I'd like to play at this point and learn a bit from a more experienced GM if you don't mind GMing?

Whattya say?
  • Anyone else out there interested?

Should I go ahead and come up with a character proposal?
  • Hey there, I'd love to play DitV PbP....
  • Hey Karl, sounds good to me if rugrsi is down with that.

I'll post my character soon!
  • Actually I will unfortunately be off-line for a few days. Don't let my absence hold anything up.

It is Friday morning for me now, I will be back online Tue morning.
  • RusRus
    edited June 2009
  • That all sounds great for me. Tuesday sounds good. I've got National Guard drill this weekend so I'm busy this weekend, but I'll have my character up at the latest by Tuesday.
  • RusRus
    edited June 2009
  • edited June 2009
  • Karl, I really like your character and his traits. Good stuff. I think all that makes for excellent conflict inducing stuff. What's your initiation conflict?
  • edited June 2009
    That's good. I dig it. :)

I've just finished up my character here: http://wiki.trevismartin.org/pmwiki.php/SnailsPace/AdrienFitzroy

Still thinking about an initiation conflict...

Also, I guess I'll use crimson as my non-fiction color.

I'm new to the forums. How do I do a dice roll?
  • Rugrsi has some concerns about my character, so we're discussing that. I will probably change my initiation conflict.

P1nback, are you going to give Prudence to Adrien Fitzroy as a belonging? I just thought it might fit.
  • Posted By: KarlMRugrsi has some concerns about my character, so we're discussing that. I will probably change my initiation conflict.

P1nback, are you going to give Prudence to Adrien Fitzroy as a belonging? I just thought it might fit.
    That's actually probably appropriate. I'll make that modification right now.
  • Ok. Lemme test that... #DiceRoller( 6d6 )
  • For for my initiatory conflict I am thinking something about pride, authority, having a relationship with the Dogs rather than being a Dog.

Maybe there's another Dog in training, let's say Brother Ezra. My character Brother Porter is concerned that Brother Ezra is doing better than he is,so Brother Porter wants to prove he has a better understanding of what the teacher (Sister Miriam) thinks. They are discussing the text "They have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." (which I just took from the quotes here http://www.meekmok.com/sassy/dogs/tools.html)

The conflict would be that Brother Porter proves to Sister Miriam that his understanding of the text is closer to hers than Brother Ezra's

What do you think?
  • I'm thinking my initiatory conflict will involve Adrien hoping to resist the urge to get to "know" [the biblical know] Sister Elsebeth one evening on the second floor of the barn at the Dog's training compound...

I guess if he fails he needs to get married? :) I don't know. What do you guys think?