[AW] The Chateau - Ends of Sessions

edited October 2010 in Out-Of-Game
Let's do our end of session Hx here after we call each session.

At the end of every session, choose a character who knows you better than they used to. If there’s more than one, choose one at your whim. Tell that player to add +1 to their Hx with you on their sheet. If this brings them to Hx+4, they reset to Hx+1 (and therefore mark experience).

We've ended the first session (for the most part). So, let's go ahead.

Explain who knows you better and add why if you want.

Comments

• Well, for Gritch, it could only really be Uncle, Spector, or Navarre, because Gritch never actually interacted with Marlene. Out of them, Uncle is least likely, I think, because I've interacted with him relatively little. Spector too, I only had one short conversation with. So I think I've gotta go with Navarre.
  • Yup! Good eye. Fixed.
  • edited October 2010
  • Yup.

When you inflict harm on another player’s character, the other character gets +1Hx with you (on their sheet) for every segment of harm you inflict. If this brings them to Hx+4, they reset to Hx+1 as usual, and therefore mark experience.

When you heal another player’s character’s harm, you get +1Hx with them (on your sheet) for every segment of harm you heal. If this brings you to Hx+4, you reset to Hx+1 as usual, and therefore mark experience.

When you hurt someone, they see you more clearly. When you heal someone, you see them more clearly.
  • edited October 2010
    Hmmm. I'd think that Navarre would still get +1 with Gritch even with the correct understanding, that it means Navarre knows Gritch better.

And, okay, so this means I mark experience from both Uncle and Spector's Hx on my sheet rolling over into +1, right?

EDIT: No. No Spector Hx increase. Bad. Bad power hungry Gritch man.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh, oops. I had a major brain fart there. Feel free to call me names behind my back.
  • edited November 2010
    I've got this:
    with Gritchwith Marlenewith Navarrewith Spectorwith Uncle
    Gritch has—+3+3+3+1
    Marlene has-2—+1=0-1
    Navarre has+1+1—-1=0
    Spector has-2+1-3—+1
    Uncle has=0+2+2+3—
  • Nice. Looks like Gritch is primed to get some Hx experience the next session. Especially with all of the wounded and his new move. ;)
  • I can see entirely reasonable claims for either Gritch or Marlene. I'm going with Marlene because the morality and stress seems like deeper insight-stuff than the poppet-weirdness.
  • Christopher mentioned re-highlighting stats. Does anyone want to do that? If so, we'll do it here.
  • I'm happy to leave things as they are and I'm happy to redo.
  • I'd be interested in seeing how highlights change based on 1st session gameplay, personally. But if you guys don't wanna re-highlight, I'm fine with that also.
  • I'm inclined to highlight new stats - I have no problem with mine as they are, but I think the shifting session-to-session focus is an interesting feature. Like, I'd definitely have read Seville at some point if my Sharp had been highlighted, but I deferred it because I didn't want to risk a hard move.

I don't highlight anyone though, unless I get picked to do Spector. So I'll just cool my heels.
  • OK, we'll highlight new stats. Uncle, pick one of mine.
  • edited October 2010
    Alright, let's re-highlight then. (lol, cross-post with Christopher [Chris?])

You guys go ahead and then I'll do my highlighting.
  • edited October 2010
    Chris is fine. I always write/type Christopher but it sounds funny because no one speaks that name to me.
    StatsCoolHardHotSharpWeird
    Lars+1+2+1+1-2
    Navarre-1+3-2+1+2
    Gritch+1-2-1+2+2
    Spector-1=0+1+1+2
    Marlene=0-1+1+2=0
    Are these numbers still right?
  • edited October 2010
    I don't think anyone has taken a +1 to any stat improvement have they? Looks right.

I do the same. Most people call me Mike, but I sign/type/write Michael. You guys can call me either. I'll respond. If Michael (yellowparis) wants to go by Michael, I'll take Mike. Or, vice versa. ;)
  • I got you, Uncle. Hard is highlighted for you. Spector can choose whatever he wishes.
  • Does anyone else have any requests? Otherwise, I'm just going to go with what I want to see.
  • Hmmm. Uncle highlighted me last time, right? Just to make sure I'm changin' it up?

Marlene, I think, can highlight Gritch this time.